• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin and Central Texas Community |OT| Tacos, Tunes, Traffic, and Torridity

Damn, I guess the stories are true then. I should look into getting a covered parking spot since my car is a lease.

Any north side folks have a PS3 and a copy of GTA V that I could borrow for an afternoon? I would like to try something that would allow me to access content normally only available to previous gen players.

Austin's pizza situation is pretty bad. The boutique pizza is okay, but I'm dying for some good NY style. I never thought I'd miss Florida for it's pizza.

Zoe

I don't know about NY style, but Salvation is good for New Haven style, and Via 313 is good for Detroit style.

Servbot24

Banned
Nah getting pushed around by couple companies would be taking an L. Uber and Lyft can fuck right off into the sun with their bullshit.

Well that's how I got around. I've barely left my apartment the last week because I have no transport. Glad you're happy about your ideals though.

I brought my housemate, who is from Japan and studying music here in Austin. He found the whole thing quite novel, as you can imagine, lol.

[Late] Oh, I can definitely imagine it. lol I've heard of the things that happen there.

Austin's pizza situation is pretty bad. The boutique pizza is okay, but I'm dying for some good NY style. I never thought I'd miss Florida for it's pizza.

Hoboken Pies is so good. Although, that's my opinion. You should try it.

This is further north--about a block from Austin Karaoke.

Is that like in the Korean Store parking lot? And I've never been to a Ranch 99, but to say we need more Asian supermarkets is an understatement.

I could google it but what we're really doing is ramping up discussion for another get together.

Zoe

Is that like in the Korean Store parking lot? And I've never been to a Ranch 99, but to say we need more Asian supermarkets is an understatement.

I could google it but what we're really doing is ramping up discussion for another get together.

Yeah, Austin Karaoke is in the same shopping center as a grocery store, Tous les Jours, and a Korean restaurant or two. They're next to a Walgreens or CVS.

Ranch 99 is going into the place where there used to be a different Korean grocery store which moved to Hana World Market on Parmer.

Timeaisis

Did you and the lady move or are you both still off Parmer area?

Still off Parmer, yeah. Lake Creek ain't too far, though. Same distance as the original from me, probably, depending on traffic. I find I'm going up to NW Austin a lot more these days, for whatever reason so I'll probably swing by the new Pinballz soon.

RE: The prop 1 whole deal, since I haven't really posted my thoughts. I'm torn because while I *like* the service Uber and Lyft provide, I absolutely detest the heavy-handed approach to getting their way. Feels like they essentially threw an $8 million dollar hissy-fit when Austin wanted them to be under the same regulations as other services. Sucks we don't have ride-sharing, but I'm a man of principle and, I'm kind of glad the city stood it's ground here. I'm hopeful something will fill the gaps.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Gonna visit this weekend with my sister. Her first visit, my third. Gonna finally, actually try a BBQ place!

Timeaisis

Man, the thunderstorm last night was intense, up in my neck of the woods at least. I felt like the lightning was striking right outside my window or some shit.

Wow, nice. So pretty soon we'll have 99 Ranch, H Mart, and Hanna World.

We really need to have another meet up.

Why have we been slacking!?

I blame the time of the year. It's not quite summer yet and people are doing other things. I've been slacking mostly because I'm lazy.

We should try for something this month, maybe. I can't for the life of me muster up the will to organize (at risk of having like two people show up again lol), so please someone take the lead on this one.

Top Bottom