• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeySeuss

The more Hulk, the better. Just as long as he's not overused to appease fans that loved him in the first one.

I realize those sentences kinda contradict one another. I hope it makes sense.

Tobor

The more Hulk, the better. Just as long as he's not overused to appease fans that loved him in the first one.

I realize those sentences kinda contradict one another. I hope it makes sense.

Just enough hulk, in other words. I trust Whedon to get the balance right.

Blades64

Banned
Just enough hulk, in other words. I trust Whedon to get the balance right.

I trust Whedon to make a good Avengers movie yeah, but the balance in the first movie was way in Stark's/Iron Man's favor, so balance is still something I'm weary about.

Unsure-Larry-David.gif

OldRoutes

I trust Whedon to make a good Avengers movie yeah, but the balance in the first movie was way in Stark's/Iron Man's favor, so balance is still something I'm weary about.

See, I thought everyone agreed the first movie was all about SHIELD and less about the Avengers...

But all in all, I feel like it was a good balance of both of them.

The balance in the first movie was very deliberate. And the payoff we finally got with the final hulk appearance was even more epic because of it

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I honestly think Renner could pull a Hawguy. I know it's hard to believe, but the guy has the comedic chops. His zanny adventures could also serve to provide some actual background for Nat. Black Widow is one of my fabourite Marvel girls, but God knows her role in the MCU has been largely unremarkable so far.

Slayven

I honestly think Renner could pull a Hawguy. I know it's hard to believe, but the guy has the comedic chops. His zanny adventures could also serve to provide some actual background for Nat. Black Widow is one of my fabourite Marvel girls, but God knows her role in the MCU has been largely unremarkable so far.

They have alot of room to explore her background, maybe a Red Room?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Red Room could be great, but I'm not sure if they are willing to fill the MCU with so many "old people" (both Caps and Bucky were born pre-WW2, and it's not like Nat is much younger).

Slayven

Red Room could be great, but I'm not sure if they are willing to fill the MCU with so many "old people" (both Caps and Bucky were born pre-WW2, and it's not like Nat is much younger).

Well not like they bringing in Leonardo Di Vince, just a few that knows where the bodies are buried and that dirt been going down since forever.

Blader

I'm pretty sure Cap had more screentime than Stark did.

I think someone timed it after the movie came out, and Cap and Stark were within a minute of each other for screentime.

Thor actually had the second least (after Hawkeye), which I didn't really notice the first time but was pretty clear on rewatch.

Finaika

-Adamantium plated armor, self-repair capabilities
-Superhuman strength, speed, stamina, reflexes
-Powerful concussive energy blasts and an "encephelo-ray" strong enough to induce a coma or mind-control effects
-Genius-level intellect, highly creative and deceptive.

He started as just a robot but became much, much more. He can lay the smackdown on the Avengers for sure.

Isn't adamantium indestructible? How will they destroy him?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I still don't know how they are going to properly explain Ultron's creation and rise without a prequel or a long ass feature film. Its story is incredibly dense, from AI going rogue to the creation of its own army of superpowered minions, not to mention its creepy robotic brides. Even more difficult if they are going with the current Age of Ultron story, which is basically Ultron going BAMF on a planetary scale. There's just too much to explain.

mjc

I'm just wondering where they'll go after Ultron and Thanos. Those are pretty high on the totem pole.

Finaika

I still don't know how they are going to properly explain Ultron's creation and rise without a prequel or a long ass feature film. Its story is incredibly dense, from AI going rogue to the creation of its own army of superpowered minions, not to mention its creepy robotic brides.

Yeah.

Will they at least show glimpse of him in Marvel movies this year, like Winter Soldier for example?

Slayven

I still don't know how they are going to properly explain Ultron's creation and rise without a prequel or a long ass feature film. Its story is incredibly dense, from AI going rogue to the creation of its own army of superpowered minions, not to mention its creepy robotic brides. Even more difficult if they are going with the current Age of Ultron story, which is basically Ultron going BAMF on a planetary scale. There's just too much to explain.

I think they lose a lot without the creepy Pym connection.
I'm just wondering where they'll go after Ultron and Thanos. Those are pretty high on the totem pole.

Masters of Evil.

Blader

They aren't, the connection is in name only. Feige and Whedon have both said the only chose the name because it was the subtitle that sounded the coolest.

Since Winter Solider is supposed to be heavily allude to Avengers 2, I'm wondering if SHIELD isn't responsible for Ultron's creation. I know the teaser hints at Tony being involved, but I could also see Ultron being SHIELD's "phase 3" weapon (phase 2 being those HYDRA guns in the first movie).

Dai101

Banned

Yeah.

Will they at least show glimpse of him in Marvel movies this year, like Winter Soldier for example?

If sources are to be believed The Winter Soldier will deal with Ultron origins, how much? Well, march 26 isn't that far.

.GqueB.

Banned
I hope they simplify it. Everything I read sounds pretty silly pants. Creepy robotic brides? Is it stupid or does it just sound stupid and it's actually pretty awesome?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I hope they simplify it. Everything I read sounds pretty silly pants. Creepy robotic brides? Is it stupid or does it just sound stupid and it's actually pretty awesome?

It's super stupid, but it became a lot less so with every little retcon and characterization. Still, Ultron needs to be tackled with caution. Hollywood has shown time and time again that writers can pull some mind-numbingly silly stuff when they need to deal with sentient robots and complex stories involving machines.

Skab

Fantastic Four rights revert back to Marvel later this year if they don't get the next movie off the ground.

Which means Doom.

Blader

Fantastic Four rights revert back to Marvel later this year if they don't get the next movie off the ground.

Which means Doom.

I don't think that's going to happen now, though Fox is cutting it pretty close. They're not done casting (officially at least) and they're supposed to start shooting in the next month.

Slayven

It's super stupid, but it became a lot less so with every little retcon and characterization. Still, Ultron needs to be tackled with caution. Hollywood has shown time and time again that writers can pull some mind-numbingly silly stuff when they need to deal with sentient robots and complex stories involving machines.
that is what annoys me when people just go "wifebeater". Pym has such a history and a depth that it is mind blowing.
I hope they somehow put Kang before Thanos. Kang isn't higher than Thanos or Korvac.

Little lower, but Kang is still good stuff.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
that is what annoys me when people just go "wifebeater". Pym has such a history and a depth that it is mind blowing.
TBF, Marvel kind of embraced it with Ultimate Pym. Of course, everybody in the Ultimate universe is a walking, festering phallus, but that thing kind of permeates.

Slayven

TBF, Marvel kind of embraced it with Ultimate Pym. Of course, everybody in the Ultimate universe is a walking, festering phallus, but that thing kind of permeates.

Except for the spider section. the Ultimate Universe should be nullified and never mentioned again. I weep for people's who's only experience to the characters was the ultimate universe.

Comicbuffs:

I loved the first movie but i don't know anything at all about Ultron, what's the best comic to familiarize myself with this gentleman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom