• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheroking

I trust Whedon to make a good Avengers movie yeah, but the balance in the first movie was way in Stark's/Iron Man's favor, so balance is still something I'm weary about.

I would bet money that this is inaccurate. Tony got a character beat with Pepper at the start and got to make the "Avengers" speech to Loki, beyond that I have a hard time believing he had any more screen time than the rest of them.

Is Renner still sticking around? I thought he was getting replaced?

There were threats on both sides during negotiations, but everybody from The Avengers is returning. Most signed through Avengers 3.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Just finished watching Thor 2. Man soooooo much better than the first one.

DAT LOKI

AMUSIX

I think someone timed it after the movie came out, and Cap and Stark were within a minute of each other for screentime.

Thor actually had the second least (after Hawkeye), which I didn't really notice the first time but was pretty clear on rewatch.

Yeah, and Cap would have had quite a bit more screentime, had his 'return to the world' story not been cut. And Hawkeye would have gotten a bit more time as well....

Captain America: 37:42.
Iron Man: 37:01.
Black Widow: 33:35.
Bruce Banner: 20:29 + Hulk: 7:34 = 28:03.
Thor: 25:52.
Hawkeye: 12:44.

Widow had the most dialogue scenes (russian interrogation, recruiting Banner, deceiving Loki, reconnecting with Hawkeye)

RangerX

Banned
I've been re-reading The entire infinity saga and it really is insane how powerful Thanos is with the infinity gauntlet. I mean, he takes down eternity, the celestials including Galactus, lord chaos and master order, silver surfer and cronos. Thats after beating the entire lineup of earths heroes. They going to have to nerf him considerably in Avenegers 3 if they give him the gauntlet.

Also I had forgotten how good Jim Starlin was. Great big Sci-fi pulpy space adventures. Excellant stuff.

OldRoutes

Except for the spider section. the Ultimate Universe should be nullified and never mentioned again. I weep for people's who's only experience to the characters was the ultimate universe.

Millar's fault, goddamnit. He has such an edge but ALWAYS go over it these days.

Comicbuffs:

I loved the first movie but i don't know anything at all about Ultron, what's the best comic to familiarize myself with this gentleman?

Ultron Unleshed.

And then after that, hunt down Ultron Unlimited.

51R7D2FRA0L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2009/08/13/a-year-of-cool-comic-book-moments-day-225/

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Yeah, and Cap would have had quite a bit more screentime, had his 'return to the world' story not been cut. And Hawkeye would have gotten a bit more time as well....

Captain America: 37:42.
Iron Man: 37:01.
Black Widow: 33:35.
Bruce Banner: 20:29 + Hulk: 7:34 = 28:03.
Thor: 25:52.
Hawkeye: 12:44.

Widow had the most dialogue scenes (russian interrogation, recruiting Banner, deceiving Loki, reconnecting with Hawkeye)

Thor doesn't show up until 45 minutes after film begins. He definitely got the short end of the stick in screen time.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wait, they JUST started shooting this? It's almost two years after the Avengers came out! WTF?

Unless I'm reading this wrong...

Oblivion

?

It's not due until next summer, the timing seems okay to me.

I thought this sort of thing starts immediately after the last movie releases...

Plus I don't know if a year is enough time for a movie on the scale of the Avengers.

Asbel

I hope they somehow put Kang before Thanos. Kang isn't higher than Thanos or Korvac.

This isn't Dragon Ball where each villain has to be stronger than the last to make you believe they're a threat to the heroes. Smart villains are entertaining even if they're not as powerful as the last threat. Doom, Kang, Thanos, Loki, Ultron, Zemo are all smart villains with their unique and entertaining way of taking on the Avengers.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I thought this sort of thing starts immediately after the last movie releases...

Plus I don't know if a year is enough time for a movie on the scale of the Avengers.

The first Avengers started shooting in April 2011, a year before it came out.

Oblivion

This isn't Dragon Ball where each villain has to be stronger than the last to make you believe they're a threat to the heroes. Smart villains are entertaining even if they're not as powerful as the last threat. Doom, Kang, Thanos, Loki, Ultron, Zemo are all smart villains with their unique and entertaining way of taking on the Avengers.

What? Of course they need to be stronger in some way than the last. The whole point is to show that they're a bigger threat than the prior dude they fought. Besides, even if they had someone like Doom, I'm sure he'd come up with some weird machine to make him super powered or something.

The first Avengers started shooting in April 2011, a year before it came out.

Wow, no shit?

Asbel

What? Of course they need to be stronger in some way than the last. The whole point is to show that they're a bigger threat than the prior dude they fought. Besides, even if they had someone like Doom, I'm sure he'd come up with some weird machine to make him super powered or something.

Wow, no shit?

See Batman villains. The threat doesn't have to be bigger if they're clever enough.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fantastic Four rights revert back to Marvel later this year if they don't get the next movie off the ground.

Which means Doom.
Yeah, basically we should pray for Fox to just let that shit revert.

Just finished watching Thor 2. Man soooooo much better than the first one.

DAT LOKI
I really thought it was a huge step down. It's less funny and the entire final action scene is boring. The only thing I really liked about it was that it expanded the lore quite a bit.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

Big budget blockbusters almost always begin principal production a little over a year before they're released. Usually around 3 months of shooting and then 9 months of post production.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Big budget blockbusters almost always begin principal production a little over a year before they're released. Usually around 3 months of shooting and then 9 months of post production.

Lately post-production often starts before principal. Assets need to be built, there are often full CG shots that can be done that done need background plates, etc.

dan2026

No they don't, its all about the plot.

Not every threat has to be world shattering, or it all becomes redundant.

Sometimes a smaller personal story is a lot more effective.
The Avengers don't fight Galactus in every issue.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

Bigger isn't always better. BETTER is better.

Slayven

That is why i want a Masters of Evil Avengers movie. Make shit good and personal

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Dormammu HAS to be Dr.Strange's first villain. Screw the poseurs like Baron Mordo. Go huge immediately.

dan2026

I really wish they could use The Fantastic Four. My Illuminati movie is never going to happen.

But no we will probably have Fox crap out another turd.

That is why i want a Masters of Evil Avengers movie. Make shit good and personal

Yup. Introduce Zemo in a Captain America movie, then bring in Masters of Evil in a future Avengers movie. Hell, use an entire phase of movies setting up all the villains then have the final film of that phase being the villains teaming up to take on the Avengers.

MickeyPhree

Wow, no shit?

Well yeah. Most movies start shooting about a year before they are scheduled to be released.

Slayven

Yup. Introduce Zemo in a Captain America movie, then bring in Masters of Evil in a future Avengers movie. Hell, use an entire phase of movies setting up all the villains then have the final film of that phase being the villains teaming up to take on the Avengers.

A-bom is still sitting in a cell somewhere.Yelena for Black Widow, Taskmaster for Hawkeye, etc.

Blader

If they end up doing some kind of New Avengers take in Phase 4 or whenever, that'd be a pretty good excuse to downgrade from the Thanos scale of villains. Can't start the new team off with the universe-ending shit right away.

PsychBat!

Banned

Yes, that's exactly what my point was. Thank you for needlessly elaborating on it.
/s

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Off topic but where the hell is my GotG trailer Marvel? The movie is out in 6 months ffs :(

I'm sure I'd be able to adapt to a new Tony Stark on its own, but the idea of a new actor interacting with the existing cast seems weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom