• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers IW trailer info

black070

"Peter ! Protect them. They're not dead."

DFG8dRhXgAAQctW.jpg

Rivian

Neo Member
"Peter ! Protect them. They're not dead."

DFG8dRhXgAAQctW.jpg

The guy in those left panels is totally either unmasked Spider-Man, Quicksilver or (in my unrealistic imagination-land) Iron Fist.

EDIT: Looks like there's a bit of red in his costume - bearded Cap?

black070

The guy in those left panels is totally either unmasked Spider-Man, Quicksilver or (in my unrealistic imagination-land) Iron Fist.

EDIT: Looks more like Strange when zoomed in, sadly.

He looks to be in his astral form on the right (notice he looks to be coming out of a portal), in which case the bolded makes more sense.

33541765315_28ffdccbd8_b.jpg

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I've never read a Captain Marvel comic. But the amount of loathing (Carol Danvers?) inspires is vastly disproportionate to her general fame.

Also, Doom is not as amazing as his reputation would suggest.

Mafro

I've never read a Captain Marvel comic. But the amount of loathing (Carol Danvers?) inspires is vastly disproportionate to her general fame.

Also, Doom is not as amazing as his reputation would suggest.
Marvel have been giving her a ridiculous push that she in no way deserves. Her comic has been relaunched something crazy like three or four times over the past few years and regularly does numbers that would get any other series cancelled, but her's is bulletproof. She's a supporting character at best and Civil War II did her no favours in getting people to like her more.

What series with Dr Doom have you read?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
What series with Dr Doom have you read?

I've only read The Books of Doom and Secret Wars in terms of Doom focused stuff. Most of my exposure to the character was in mainline comics and reprints (Fantastic Four) in the 70s and early 80s - and I think Doom is a GREAT character, my point is that there's basically no way to make the things that resonate with him in the Comics work in a mainstream marvel movie UNLESS it's a comedy.

Doom's appearance is ridiculous for a mainstream audience and the nuance of his narcissism and cleverness I think requires a big investment from readers. Maybe the Doom standalone movie could work, but the only way FF4 can work, IMO is full Ragnarok/Galaxy Quest treatment. Admit it can't be serious and relax and have fun with their goofiness. And that won't make the right things about Doom resonate with fans, unless they tell the FF4 story from his perspective (like Despicable Me).

Top Bottom