• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Azealia Banks launches racist, homophobic tirade against Zayn Malik

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay so Azealia thinks its sexist and racist to be calling for her twitter suspension while Donald Trump still has a twitter? Okay Azealia, show me a sequence of twitter posts where Trump refers to Middle Easteners like you did to Zayn

@zaynmalik lol u a bitch nigga for even responding like that. Keep sucking this yung rapunxel dick u hairy curry scented bitch

Token sand nigga pout: "I was the least celebrated in the white boy group because I'm brown" https://t.co/iHaStz4SqQ

@zaynmalik imma start calling you punjab you dirty bitch.

And you have the gall to say people are only picking on you because you're a strong black woman? gtfo

lcxyE0D.gif

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Paki is absolutely a slur for Pakistanis. This comes up all the time in NeoGAF. You may not be familiar with it because your town doesn't have any Pakistanis, but it has historically been used as a slur both in the UK and the USA. Clearly its used common enough for Azealia Banks to be aware of it.

Paki is absolutely a slur for Pakistanis. This comes up all the time in NeoGAF. You may not be familiar with it because your town doesn't have any Pakistanis, but it has historically been used as a slur both in the UK and the USA. Clearly its used common enough for Azealia Banks to be aware of it.

I wasn't made aware of it until this thread but my community has very few Pakistanis. I assumed "Paki" was just an abbreviated form of Pakistani like "Euro" is short for "European" and Euro isn't offensive...but I was unaware of context until this twitter debacle

- J - D -

She's not a nice person. I mean, I was going to give her the slightest benefit of doubt about the airplane thing, but she's really dug deep since.

As a British Pakistani person, p*ki is absolutely a hateful racist term for Pakistani people . I have been called it by racist assholes in the past , and those people certainly did not mean good intention when calling me that.

Although, it's been used among other Pakistani and south Asian guys in friendly circumstances , so that's the one time it's okay.

Sami+

Holy lol batman. I sure hope it was in close company. Say that in the UK and you can be criminally charged for racial hatred.

As a British Pakistani person, p*ki is absolutely a hateful racist term for Pakistani people . I have been called it by racist assholes in the past , and those people certainly did not mean good intention when calling me that.

Although, it's been used among other Pakistani and south Asian guys in friendly circumstances , so that's the one time it's okay.

Is it a British thing? I'm Arab American and never heard it as a slur in either cultural context. :eek: Genuinely curious.

Dirca

I tried to read the article but got stuck. Not only do I not know who she is (which is why I tried to read the article) but I have no idea what this means:

“Damn Zayn be mood boarding the f**k of out me,“ she wrote, followed by: ”Ok little wyt [sic] kids I def like Zayn and def think he's a cutie pie.”

Anyone care to translate? I wasn't able to continue since I couldn't comprehend that statement(?)

Zayn?
20160120_LIGHT_NXT_SamiZayn_HP.jpg

BibiMaghoo

Is it a British thing? I'm Arab American and never heard it as a slur in either cultural context. :eek: Genuinely curious.

It is used a lot by racists in the UK to describe anyone with a middle eastern skin tone, when being hateful wankers. It is as bad as the worst racial slur you can think of from any other country, to any other people.

in the UK that p-word is probably the worst racial slur there is. It feels even worse than the n-word, although I can't explain why, perhaps because I heard it a lot more when I was a kid. So easy to imbue it with venom as well. It shouldn't be, because it's just a shortened version of Pakistani, but it got utterly, utterly corrupted by racists.

Anyone who knows enough about the UK to reference Tesco sandwiches, knows what that word means to someone like Zayn.

Rellik

It is used a lot by racists in the UK to describe anyone with a middle eastern skin tone, when being hateful wankers. It is as bad as the worst racial slur you can think of from any other country, to any other people.

I'm completely White British and even I was called it just because I had a tan from a recent trip to Spain.

It's a vile word I've heard way too much in this country and I cringe just seeing it on here.

I'm from Bumblefuck, Canada and I've heard some of the local yokels use "Paki" as a derogatory term for any Middle Eastern or South Asian person. It doesn't have the same historical context as the N-word, but yes, it is used by the very same type of people as a slur.

NYR

You've been just lucky, kind of shocked. That word is to brown people what the n-word is to black people since it is used to degrade brown people based on their skin color and has a historical meaning to being worth less.

The ignorance in this thread is staggering and disappointing, nothing like white people coming in here telling brown people what is and isn't offensive, and a couple of "uncle singh's" in here writing it off as if the word doesn't have power - if you say it to someone based on their skin color or ethnicity with the point to insult or get a rise out of them, it is an offensive slur.

I wasn't around GAF at the time, but wasn't there a bit of a commotion around the NPC called packie in GTA 4? With how similar the name sounded to the insult.
Was this not a topic then? I thought this would have brought attention about the word to non-UK members.

NYR

I'm from Bumblefuck, Canada and I've heard some of the local yokels use "Paki" as a derogatory term for any Middle Eastern or South Asian person. It doesn't have the same historical context as the N-word, but yes, it is used by the very same type of people as a slur.

Yes it does. British imperialists a hundred years ago used it as a term to refer to insult "unclean and simple" brown people. It may not be as "powerful" and "historical" and the n-word, but trust me, as a brown person, it is a slur based on history.

Yes it does. British imperialists a hundred years ago used it as a term to refer to insult "unclean and simple" brown people. It may not be as "powerful" and "historical" and the n-word, but trust me, as a brown person, it is a slur based on history.

I was speaking from my own perspective as a North American, but yeah, I see how it would be considered a much more offensive term in the UK than the US, even though it's considered derogatory and offensive in both.

NYR

I was speaking from my own perspective as a North American, but yeah, I see how it would be considered a much more offensive term in the UK than the US, even though it's considered derogatory and offensive in both.

Fair enough man, you made a great point. I'm Canadian too. :)

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
You know, you don't to be mentally ill to be an asshole, guys.

Azalea, is an asshole. I know it's hard to imagine that someone that's as blatantly homophobic and racist could be so without having, I guess, mental issues?

Stop insulting the mentally ill with that shit, please. Some people are actually of 100% sound mind, and they don't care about refraining from speaking what they feel are truths. Azalea is a racist. She's also homophobic. No mental illness is necessary. She's just an asshole. Just like Trump. Some people really are what they appear to be on the outside. Some people have egos so big that they don't hide the ugliness they have on the inside, because they don't feel they need to.

I used to feel sorry for Azalea, but then I realized she enjoys being a pathetic, shallow, vapid, hateful person. She'll get hers, because in the end, she's going to be all alone, and it will be a result of her own doing.

Kozak

Banned
So this chick is going off on instagram at how she called Zayn a racial slur to show him that he's still owned by White people.

She's a mess.

what's a p*ki if I may ask?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paki_(slur)

and lmao at some in this thread saying it's about the context and how "hey girl" from a stranger is similar. Nuts.

This bullshit that it's OK to say it around friends, Prince Harry tried that shit to cover him slurring an Asian soldier.

in what way are they derogatory?

do you think calling a Polish person Polak is derogatory?

Yes. Yes it is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polack

PSY・S;203434086 said:
yea

it's clearly this dude

funnily enough that guy is actually syrian. i thought he was irish for a while.

and saying paki is like the n-word. whether or not you've heard people of colour calling each other it you best back off the word yourself.

So this chick is going off on instagram at how she called Zayn a racial slur to show him that he's still owned by White people.

She's a mess.
She always does this. She says some misogynistic or racist or homophobic shit and then when she gets called out on it she tries to explain that she's showing the #hypocrisy or some nonsense.

MilkyJoe

Paki is a slur now? Wat? When did that happen? Is it a British thing? Pakistanis in America call themselves Paki all the time (me included).

Calling someone a paki in the UK would get you locked up. It's deemed very offensive.

Burai

shitonmychest57
in the UK that p-word is probably the worst racial slur there is. It feels even worse than the n-word, although I can't explain why, perhaps because I heard it a lot more when I was a kid. So easy to imbue it with venom as well. It shouldn't be, because it's just a shortened version of Pakistani, but it got utterly, utterly corrupted by racists.

Anyone who knows enough about the UK to reference Tesco sandwiches, knows what that word means to someone like Zayn.

Nigger never really caught on here as the go-to slur against blacks. We also had wog, sambo, darkie and coon so it never took on the same menace as paki did for south Asians.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Stupid cow

"Paki" is basically the British equivalent for "Nigger" in the UK. I cringe whenever I hear anyone say it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom