• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Baby Ruth is better than Snickers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Better me than another! :D

Is it wrong that I'm not a fan of straight Hershey's, but really like the one with almonds?

Oh, and eating chocolate while drinking water somehow makes it better. I have no idea why

Nah, the one with almonds does taste better than the original. Also, the Lindt bars with sea salt are quite delicious too

I didn't want to have to do this, but...

nutrageous.gif

or even

image.aspx

The ultimate Dairy Queen Blizzard is a large Skor Blizzard with extra Skor.

Anything else is inferior, thus Skor is better than all.

Nah, the one with almonds does taste better than the original. Also, the Lindt bars with sea salt are quite delicious too

Yeah, I always felt that way. I'm a big fan of almonds though so maybe that's the kicker.

Never had the sea salt ones; I've had most of their other stuff though. Milk chocolate always takes precedent. If you eat a whole bar of that in one go, you are totally dead. So rich.

RangersFan

I've never been a big fan of nougat but appreciate some of the characteristics of Baby Ruth and Snickers bars. Are there any candy bars similar to the two that doesn't have nougat?

This is possibly the worst chocolate I've ever had in my entire life.

Oh brother.

Milk chocolate in general sucks compared to real dark chocolate. Hershey's does suck.

octagon69

Banned
Whoa Whoa Whoa.

Both are good for different reasons and at different times.

Hershey's bars suck though guys... come on now. Plain o'l boring chocolate?

I agree OP, Baby Ruth's are my favorite candy bar and I always found it more enjoyable then Snickers. My contender to fight the almighty Baby Ruth would be the Crunch Bar. It is freakin delicious, not Baby Ruth delicious but delicious.

ToxicAdam

A good test would be to fill your Halloween bowl with both bars and see which one would get chosen more.

I would imagine most kids would look in the bowl and just say, "Ehh .. it's okay, I'm good." and move onto the next house.

brandnew

Baby Ruth has too much nougat though. It's too chewy and takes longer to eat (which seems like it would be a good thing, but in this case I don't think so).

Snickers doesn't make you work as hard.

ZoddGutts

Both suck. Remember when I ate my first chocolate bar in Mexico, it was a first for me tasting real chocolate in a candy bar and it tasted so fucking good.

Noema

There was a time in my life, during my early 20s, where I would pride myself on the fact that my usual lunch consisted of a coke and a snickers. That went on for years.

I have no idea how I'm still alive.

Back on topic, I haven't had a BabyRuth in years, since they don't really sell them in my country anymore. I don't even remember what they taste like.

Vyroxis

Banned
Snickers >> all. End of discussion. Period. Anyone that disagrees should immediately see a doctor, as your taste buds are broken.

Meier

Not even in the same league. Baby Ruth isn't particularly good... Snickers are heavenly. The new Peanut Butter Snickers is really tasty too -- recommended if you haven't tried it.

SUPREME1

Banned
They both have nougat, peanuts, caramel, and chocolate. However Baby Ruth has a chocolate nougat that is bigger than Snickers. It has whole peanuts instead of halves and more of it. It's also more filling than Snickers which seems to be what Snickers prides itself on.

Snickers gets all the love but Baby Ruth is the king.

DaWM1bb.png

Will give it a try. I've never had one.

Milk chocolate in general sucks compared to real dark chocolate. Hershey's does suck.

Indeed, when I was younger a relative bought a shed load of 'candies' back from the US including herseys, the only hershey bars I liked were the ones where there was other stuff in them (nuts or wafer), but the standard hershey milk chocolate bar tasted like a badgers arse!

It might be just what you are used to / acquired taste though, as I was brought up on Cadbury - some people hate the way cadbury' tastes too.

There was a time in my life, during my early 20s, where I would pride myself on the fact that my usual lunch consisted of a coke and a snickers. That went on for years.

I have no idea how I'm still alive.

Life finds a way!

Alrus

Well it's weird comparing chocolate bars to Snickers or any other kind of similar snack already, but then putting Hershey's or Cadbury as example of good chocolate bars and calling other plebs is just hilarious. They're both the bottom of the barrel as far a chocolate bars go. Hershey's is particularly disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom