• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Barkley 2 Teaser

spuit*11

Banned
A.K.A.

The Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 – Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie – Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsneVykvjlU

Come meet CDwarf and play Barkley 2 at Indie MEGABOOTH, PAX Prime 2015.

The year is 666X. A powerful youngster, wise beyond his years, awakens from a B-Ball induced coma aboard the mysterious dwarf space ziggurat Necron 7, held captive by the Malevolent A.I. Cuchulainn. With no memory of who he is or where he came from, he adopts the identity of X114JAM9 and sets off into the Post-Cyberpocalyptic Wasteland in search of the enigmatic Cyberdwarf, the only one who can reveal to him the terrible truth behind his forgotten past and make sense of his harrowing future.

Face your destiny. Find The Cyberdwarf.

http://www.talesofgames.com/game/barkley-2-revenge-of-cuchulainn/

pizzacat

Banned
Holy shit at the people in the background for the reveal scene lmao. These guys know what's up I'm in like yesterday. Can they still call everyone by the name or have to use fake names?

Nachos

In CBoyardee we trust.

Holy shit at the people in the background for the reveal scene lmao. These guys know what's up I'm in like yesterday. Can they still call everyone by the name or have to use fake names?
Pretty sure they can't even mention Charles by name.

In CBoyardee we trust.

Pretty sure they can't even mention Charles by name.

I'm fairly sure using celebrities names in this counts as parody and is protected under fair use... But the story has moved away from the first game where it relies heavily on celebrities, the point of their kickstarter for this is so they would have money to actually make art for this, rather than downrezzing Google Image results.

Nachos

I'm fairly sure using celebrities names in this counts as parody and is protected under fair use... But the story has moved away from the first game where it relies heavily on celebrities, the point of their kickstarter for this is so they would have money to actually make art for this, rather than downrezzing Google Image results.
Those clipart royalties don't come cheap.

EDIT: Accidentally hit post early.

But yeah, it should count as parody, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they won't be taken to court for its fair use to be contested anyway, only for the court fees to put Tales under regardless of the results. I still think part of the change was to provide against that happening.

Miker

Buying a new GPU and upgrading to Win10 for dem sweet DirectX12 graphics. The DirectX11 effects in the first game blew me away.

That trailer was great.

I hope it comes out this year. Or next year. Or just soon really. I'm just happy to see it still exists.

Amazing.

Tales of Game’s Studios Presents Chef Boyardee’s Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa was fantastic, and I can't wait for the followup.

Nachos

Wtf is this? And what is it about?

I thought this was a Charles Barkley basketball game.
This is the game that happens after Charles Barkley fails to stop Ganondorf, plunging the land of High Tops into everlasting darkness.

(This is the direct sequel to an RPG maker game from a few years ago based around Charles Barkley in a post-apocalyptic world. It's genuinely hilarious and treats the events of Space Jam as canon. Here's a link to the free download.)

Russ T

Banned
Only eight more years!

Still don't regret backing this. So looking forward to it.

Cyberdwarf looked baller.

Top Bottom