• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City |OT| Smashin' Faces, Glidin' Places

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
whats this game like on pc and would you agree its worth getting if you played arkham asylum or is it very similar

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There goes my Glorious 100th Platinum with 100% to go with it

FUCK ME!

Time to snag the $10 Batman Copy from Best Buy and try to get this DLC, hopefully cheap

I know I'm Very LTTP regarding Pics from my last post, was Banned and completely forgot about the OT

Stats:

fOMM3l.jpg

xu1Pxl.jpg

KOWrbl.jpg

3NxtVl.jpg

cifrJl.jpg

USigKl.jpg

3hUaGl.jpg

Hard Work Yo'

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How do you get a copy of the game from Best Buy for $10. ?? Any special coupons ?

YMMV

Best Buy has this @Gamer magazine, think Gamestop + Game Informer

Coupon in there that knocks the price of Batman Arkham City by -$20

So the game is on sale this week for $29.99, you do the math

You might get super lucky, and get Robin DLC included, but that is 99.9% not possible

Sh0k

YMMV

Best Buy has this @Gamer magazine, think Gamestop + Game Informer

Coupon in there that knocks the price of Batman Arkham City by -$20

So the game is on sale this week for $29.99, you do the math

You might get super lucky, and get Robin DLC included, but that is 99.9% not possible

Thank you, just came back from Best Buy with my $9.99 copy of Batman AC. Was looking for the boxes with the Robin DLC, but they didn't have them.

NeoUltima

LttP but these Riddler secrets are damn addicting. I've spent way more time with them than playing through the actual story so far :|.

Just beat this last night (PS3 version).

I really enjoyed the first one, but this time for some really odd reason felt almost like a...chore. Almost. I stopped playing for over a month right before I got to the steel mill section.

I have no idea why, I mean I had a lot of run with the first game. Maybe I just felt the linearity of the first game suits it better. I mean, the objectives were fairly clear, but I don't know, it didn't feel as structured as the first.

Final boss was pretty lame though. The fight
with Ra's al-Ghul
should've been the final fight in my opinion

Anyway, still pretty good. I'd give it a solid 8/10.

Shiv47

Just beat this last night (PS3 version).

Final boss was pretty lame though. The fight
with Ra's al-Ghul
should've been the final fight in my opinion

Dramatically, yes. The sudden introduction of
Clayface
and then to have that be the final fight just doesn't work that well. The fight with
Ra's
works much better in that regard. Can't wait for the new DLC though. Absolutely loved this game.

Korosenai

Can't wait for the new DLC though. Absolutely loved this game.

Same. I played the crap out of this game and got every achievement except for the dlc achievements. I already have all of the dlc bought, but i'll still probably end up buying the goty edition.

Infinite Jest

Neo Member
I've been having frequent fps dips with dx9 using a gtx 580, possibly related to low gpu usage. Has anyone else had this problem? (settings on extreme and everything on except physx and dx11)
EDIT: Using in-game v-sync too, btw

NeoUltima

This game is actually really short if you just play the story straight through. Did my NG+ yesterday in basically one sitting. About 4 hours (skipping cutscenes).

Also no way I'm getting a Platinum trophy in this :/ Getting 9 medals in each Challenge Campaign is too much for me to handle lol (since you have to get all 9 in a single attempt). Mad Respect to anyone who has done them.

Dramatically, yes. The sudden introduction of
Clayface
and then to have that be the final fight just doesn't work that well. The fight with
Ra's
works much better in that regard. Can't wait for the new DLC though. Absolutely loved this game.
I thought it was fine since it was
Obvious joker was still sick and pulling some kind of trick. Though I suppose they could have hinted throughout the game that Clayface was in Arkham.

Endo Punk

I really want to play the story DLC, I hope the wait is not long.
I thought it was fine since it was
Obvious joker was still sick and pulling some kind of trick. Though I suppose they could have hinted throughout the game that Clayface was in Arkham.
That's for second playthrough.
Harley gives out hints when you first enter the funhouse
, Joker looking at himself in the mirror and the fight with him, when you use detective mode
you see that he has no bones.

Isn't the DLC supposed to be out today/this week?

I have points put aside to buy it, and they're digitally burning a digital hole in my digital pocket.

Has a date or price been set?

Arse... I'm a month skewed.

Cheers for setting me straight. $10 is about 800 MSpts isn't it? (UK here, so $ values are meaningless to me).

creid

So I've been trying to get all of the Riddler trophies on my own, but I'm completely stuck. There's one on a rooftop, hooked up to 3 buttons behind fences, which from overhead look like this:

? ? ?
_| |_

They're set up such that I can't hit more than one with the Batarang before time runs out. I don't think any of the other gadgets can help me, and I've tried all of them. I don't want to outright look up the solution, but can someone give me a hint? Is there something big I'm missing?

There's also another one like this except with 6 ? buttons, 3 over 3, but I assume the solution is similar.

Arse... I'm a month skewed.
WB posted the wrong date at first, and a lot of sites never corrected their news.

So I've been trying to get all of the Riddler trophies on my own, but I'm completely stuck. There's one on a rooftop, hooked up to 3 buttons behind fences, which from overhead look like this:

? ? ?
_| |_

They're set up such that I can't hit more than one with the Batarang before time runs out. I don't think any of the other gadgets can help me, and I've tried all of them. I don't want to outright look up the solution, but can someone give me a hint? Is there something big I'm missing?

There's also another one like this except with 6 ? buttons, 3 over 3, but I assume the solution is similar.

Its been a while but i think you have to use explosive gel

Shiv47

? ? ?
_| |_

WB posted the wrong date at first, and a lot of sites never corrected their news.

As the above poster said, it might be one of the explosive gel ones. If you zoom in on one of the gels, you only detonate that specific one, as I recall.

Tsukumo

So I've been trying to get all of the Riddler trophies on my own, but I'm completely stuck

My policy with the riddler trophies in AC has always been to leave it there when I couldn't figure it out. Usually I would later get a eureka moment during a fight or while trying to solve another riddle. If you've already completed all the AR flight simulations, you are well past the hardest part of the game ^_^

Yopis

Wow just finished the other day and loke many others think this was fantastic. Glad to finally get off my backlog.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Oh FFS. I bought this game for PC from Amazon on the cheap. Now I can't figure out how to activate the game, retail doesn't work on Steam and GFWL seems useless. I'll be damned if this game is te first one ever to require me install my DVD drive.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So did they fix the DX11 in this game to where it is worth using?

I am playing through Asylum now and absolutly loving it. About to start City and not sure if I should run DX9 or 11...

I love how smooth Asylum runs, but if the graphics are a lot better I can sacrifice a bit...

Final word?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So did they fix the DX11 in this game to where it is worth using?

I am playing through Asylum now and absolutly loving it. About to start City and not sure if I should run DX9 or 11...

I love how smooth Asylum runs, but if the graphics are a lot better I can sacrifice a bit...

Final word?

It certainly runs better for me than it did at launch, but it still leaves something to be desired. There's some choppiness when textures load (probably wouldn't happen on an SSD), and areas with lots of tesselation can cause some slow down.

I'm running a i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon 5870 1GB.

Thrakier

I'm running an i52500k @4.3GHZ, 560TI @900mhz and 8GB RAM. What would be the optimal settings for me between performance and graphics?

so I started Batman: AC a few days ago and I'm currently at around 6hrs into the game. Pure perfection. I'm loving it. Couple of things I want to ask:

I play on fairly high settings with DX11. Everything is ON except Physx (I have a Radeon 6950 2GB), Tessellation is set to Normal, not High and MSAA is set to 2x (or 4x, I'm still trying to figure out performance/look ratio). When I benchmarked the game with it's own benchmark I got average 49fps which is fine by me.
The thing that annoys me a bit is that framrate is somewhat inconsistent. Sometimes it's pure gem, 60fps but sometimes it drops to 20-30 (usually when gliding and when I come to a "asset heavy" part of town). I read that this game is not that much optimized considering it's a Unreal Engine 3 (which should run smoothly). Thoughts?

Other than that, when I had Fraps turned on it shows that framerate is capped to 30fps. I don't get it. It sometimes jumps to 60 but when I'm gliding it shows 30 although "it feels" like it's 60.

I play with my wired X360 gamepad. Is there a way to turn off the mouse? I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that every time I get into the map (back button), the mouse cursor is in the middle of the screen.

Also, any performance/optimization tips are welcome in order to attain a steady 60fps. for example: "you should turn off <feature> because it really doesn't add that much but it bogs down your CPU and or your GPU".

Regards

edit: my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz OCed to 3.2GHz
8GB DDR2 RAM
Radeon 6950 2GB GDDR5

I've had this for 360 since release but I still haven't beaten it. I love the story and all but I feel that the game gives you no idea on wtf you're supposed to do and while thats fine in most games this game just doesn't seem that good for exploring and crap =\ Maybe its just me, probably. I'm thinking of cheating and using a guide to find my way through so I can actually experience this game. I haven't had to cheat like that in 10+ years =[

Dibbz

so I started Batman: AC a few days ago and I'm currently at around 6hrs into the game. Pure perfection. I'm loving it. Couple of things I want to ask:

I play on fairly high settings with DX11. Everything is ON except Physx (I have a Radeon 6950 2GB), Tessellation is set to Normal, not High and MSAA is set to 2x (or 4x, I'm still trying to figure out performance/look ratio). When I benchmarked the game with it's own benchmark I got average 49fps which is fine by me.
The thing that annoys me a bit is that framrate is somewhat inconsistent. Sometimes it's pure gem, 60fps but sometimes it drops to 20-30 (usually when gliding and when I come to a "asset heavy" part of town). I read that this game is not that much optimized considering it's a Unreal Engine 3 (which should run smoothly). Thoughts?

Other than that, when I had Fraps turned on it shows that framerate is capped to 30fps. I don't get it. It sometimes jumps to 60 but when I'm gliding it shows 30 although "it feels" like it's 60.

I play with my wired X360 gamepad. Is there a way to turn off the mouse? I'm pretty annoyed by the fact that every time I get into the map (back button), the mouse cursor is in the middle of the screen.

Also, any performance/optimization tips are welcome in order to attain a steady 60fps. for example: "you should turn off <feature> because it really doesn't add that much but it bogs down your CPU and or your GPU".

Regards

edit: my specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz OCed to 3.2GHz
8GB DDR2 RAM
Radeon 6950 2GB GDDR5

I think it's to do with the way UE3 handles streaming. Whenever you enter a new "area" in the city you can feel it load assets slowing your FPS down.

mernst23

Count me in as another LTTP person.

My girlfriend bought this for me for xmas and I got to the point where Batman got infected the only day I played it. Started back up on Saturday, decided to just start the game over and wound up beating the single player on normal last night. I only have 37% of side missions and by coincidence 37% of equipment done as well.

Question, I didn't input my catwoman code. How does that work, does she have seperate side missions or do can you just interchangeably use her to traverse the city for riddler trophies and etc. Does her stuff need to be triggered through the main storyline that I should input the code now, or wait until I start New Game+ ?

Tsukumo

Count me in as another LTTP person.

[skip]

Question, I didn't input my catwoman code. How does that work, does she have seperate side missions or do can you just interchangeably use her to traverse the city for riddler trophies and etc. Does her stuff need to be triggered through the main storyline that I should input the code now, or wait until I start New Game+ ?

Catwoman's quest is mixed with Bats, so if you play it now you won't see much of it. An option will appear in the main menu to let you play her missions consecutively, but IMO it's better to wait for a run on New Game+.
You can switch from her to Batman only after finishing the main quest, mostly for getting trophies and some easter egg. And for the most annoing, frustrating side quest you'll play throughout the game.
Take into account that the "complete" game opens with her first mission and gives a truly poignant clue to "read" the ending.

mernst23

Catwoman's quest is mixed with Bats, so if you play it now you won't see much of it. An option will appear in the main menu to let you play her missions consecutively, but IMO it's better to wait for a run on New Game+.
You can switch from her to Batman only after finishing the main quest, mostly for getting trophies and some easter egg. And for the most annoing, frustrating side quest you'll play throughout the game.
Take into account that the "complete" game opens with her first mission and gives a truly poignant clue to "read" the ending.

Thanks for answering, once I 100% the side missions in my normal play through I'll enter the code and do it in new game+.

mernst23

So i finished NG+ last night, sure I died more but I was expecting more of a challenge honestly. The only side quest I have left is the Random acts of violence side mission in my normal playthrough, and i have 400+ riddler trophies/riddles and I haven't used a guide yet. Overall it says I have an 85% completion. So what's the tough part about getting the 1250 in this game? Combat challenges so far have been a joke, I've gotten 3 medals in 1 or 2 playthroughs for my first 6 missions.

Khal_B

So I bought a SSD and I'm planning to use that for my OS and gaming. But I'm going to have to transfer all of my stuff, including my Steam games across to the new drive. I'm going to lose all of my saved progress for AC, aren't I? Is there anyway I can salvage my progress, or will I have to start again from scratch?

Tsukumo

So i finished NG+ last night, sure I died more but I was expecting more of a challenge honestly. The only side quest I have left is the Random acts of violence side mission in my normal playthrough, and i have 400+ riddler trophies/riddles and I haven't used a guide yet. Overall it says I have an 85% completion. So what's the tough part about getting the 1250 in this game? Combat challenges so far have been a joke, I've gotten 3 medals in 1 or 2 playthroughs for my first 6 missions.

wait until you give a shot to the campaigns ;)

? ? ?
_| |_

In fact, there's 4 question marks. There's one a bit below the left one. You should use the Explosive Gel on 3 of them, and the batarang in the middle.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
What resolution and frame rate is this game running at?

witness

I finally finished the main story after getting this for Christmas. I loved every second of it, it was fantastic. The way everything worked out and ended was just shocking. For me it was significantly better than AA. The way you can move around the environment, your tactical combat options, and just the way the story progresses is just masterful and leagues better than AA.

One of, if not the best, games best the year last year. Now bring on that DLC this month.

mernst23

wait until you give a shot to the campaigns ;)

I finished the batman combat/predator missions last night and did my first campaign. The campaign i did on the first shot. I'm sure the extreme ones will be frustrating, but the only part that took me awhile to do were the extreme predator missions, but I have systems for each now.

SHAZOOM

Just started this last Friday. Is it messed up that I did all the AR missions in a single sitting?

Also, I think combat in AC is a bit harder than Asylum. At least I think it is. I've only got a combo of 49 for a high so far. Just haven't been able to find a rhythm during combat parts, since I generally just hear guys talking and then "ITS THE BATMAN!" Dive bomb in.

I'm at the Mr Freeze/Penguin mission and it looks like I have almost every upgrade besides Armor upgrades and the Sonic Batarang. So how far am I along?

Top Bottom