• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City PC release date now Nov 18 - Steam version uses Steamworks

Still showing as the 22nd in the US store. Hopefully if it comes out tomorrow in the UK, people will figure out a way to unlock it everywhere like they did with Battlefield 3.

Lime

Corran Horn said:
So we received Batman PC version today at target. We got email saying to hold till next week though.

0038_xlge8ju8m.gif

Glad I canceled my pre-order last week to pick up Skyrim. That game + Holiday steam sale will be more than enough to hold me over until Batman is discounted (enough to last me another 2 years, probably).

This would have been the perfect end of October game to play, but instead it's getting shoved in after half a dozen other AAA games that actually released when they were suppose to.

Dipswitch

Just checked my GMG profile and those sly fuckers have changed the release date to 11/22, from 11/18 as it was up until today. Not exactly shocking, but was hoping to play it this weekend.

Nice job douchebags. Remind me never to pre-order a pc game again, least I forget what a fiasco this release has turned out to be.

Smash88

Banned
I don't know why people didn't expect this...?

They are purposely delaying it so it coincides with the release of the Robin DLC on the 22nd.... And all other regions were always 3 days after the NA release date, why they are delaying it everywhere else blows my mind.

Dipswitch said:
Remind me never to pre-order a pc game again, least I forget what a fiasco this release has turned out to be.
At least you'll still get a good game after this is all over. My Red Faction Armageddon pre-order is the worst mistake I made all year. Now it just sits in my Steam library as a constant reminder never to do that again (unless the game is GUARANTEED to be good AND has excellent pre-order bonuses like a discount or a free game).

Smash88 said:
Because they gave a date

One assumes that they were not just pulling numbers out of thin air

If it were something, like, November 45th, it would have been clear that the did not know what they were talking about. But November 15th totally exists and thus it was a reasonable assumption that they were not lying.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
*makes a mental note to never, EVER preorder a WB game*

I do want to play this game, but they way they've handled it has been very unfortunate. We just want to buy the damn game, you big dummies. If I can muster up the willpower, I'll wait on a decent Steam sale before I give them my money.

Smash88 said:

They are purposely delaying it so it coincides with the release of the Robin DLC on the 22nd.... And all other regions were always 3 days after the NA release date, why they are delaying it everywhere else blows my mind.

They are delaying it to fight piracy. They haven't said shit about DLC on the PC. I don't think they have even said anything about the fact that it moved from the 18th to the 22nd in the US, 'cause they're ass holes like that.

Any way, so was it previously listed as the 22nd in the UK and now it's changed back to the 18th, or was it just never changed from the 18th to begin with?

Dipswitch

Smash88 said:

After all this bullshit, they can shove their DLC up their holes. I'll buy the GOTY when it hits $5 in, oh, a year or so.

Ideally, I try not to buy a game twice when I'm trying to send a publisher a message. But I figure my planned approach will ultimately result in me giving them less money. Or something to that effect.

Lost interest at this point especially with so many other great PC games to play right now. Woulda bought it day 1 if it released alongside the console version. Now I will wait until it is dirt cheap in a steam sale.

Dambrosi

Banned
Hero_of_the_Day said:
They are delaying it to fight piracy. They haven't said shit about DLC on the PC. I don't think they have even said anything about the fact that it moved from the 18th to the 22nd in the US, 'cause they're ass holes like that.

Any way, so was it previously listed as the 22nd in the UK and now it's changed back to the 18th, or was it just never changed from the 18th to begin with?
Never changed. 8 hours to go for me. Fingers crossed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If nothing else, this utter mishandling makes me glad I bought an nvidia key from eBay.

leng jai said:
AU Steam now has 26th November...previously 23rd. What the fuck is this

It's been the 26th for a while now, since the previous round of delays. Our retail release date is still the 23rd, though. Why the 26th on Steam, then? I haven't a clue.

Edit: Didn't realise the US release date has been delayed. Again.

xXJonoXx

Is it safe to buy this game from eBay as a code for Steam? I know a bunch of codes leaked out for DiRT 3 or something awhile ago, and a lot of those were stolen codes and were removed from people's accounts later. Any of that happen with these for Arkham City?

$25 for this on eBay seems like a good deal for a game I already own on PS3.

NEED THAT PHYSX

Q8D3vil

corran is ruining esport :(

Imp the Dimp said:
This game will unlock in approximately 1 week, and 6 hours

I'm glad I only spent 25 bucks on a Steam key.
was it through a gmg or is it from one of the key sites that are forbidden to mention in gaf?

wiggleb0t

Banned
xXJonoXx said:
Is it safe to buy this game from eBay as a code for Steam? I know a bunch of codes leaked out for DiRT 3 or something awhile ago, and a lot of those were stolen codes and were removed from people's accounts later. Any of that happen with these for Arkham City?

$25 for this on eBay seems like a good deal for a game I already own on PS3.

NEED THAT PHYSX

Not worth the risk of having your steam account banned, or the game having some primitive region locking nonsense..oh and possibly russian only. Look at the forum announcements and it's a no go with key discussion.

Also, you don't want to be third party support of fraudulent purchases of the keys which is a possibility and also mentioned in the forum announcement relating to key sites being banned. Bugger supporting piracy & or fraudulent purchased keys.

JaseC

wiggleb0t said:
Not worth the risk of having your steam account banned, or the game having some primitive region locking nonsense..oh and possibly russian only. Look at the forum announcements and it's a no go with key discussion.

Also, you don't want to be third party support of fraudulent purchases of the keys which is a possibility and also mentioned in the forum announcement relating to key sites being banned. Bugger supporting piracy & or fraudulent purchased keys.

He has no reason to worry as the Steam keys on eBay and elsewhere are sourced through the nvidia GTX 5xx promotion, and they're region-free. There is literally no other method of obtaining Steam-friendly keys for the game other than buying a GTX 5xx GPU, so no Russian bulk-buys or stolen keys.

Also, Valve have never banned accounts for using keys intended for other regions.

Edit: Not to mention, the CD key reseller discussion ban pertains to "grey market" resellers, not your average consumer flogging off their unwanted GPU-bundled keys on eBay.

xXJonoXx

wiggleb0t said:

I think I agree with you

:(

xXJonoXx

JaseC said:
See my post. The keys are completely legit.

Hmm, that's better to know. Thanks, I think I'll try to find the seller with the best feedback and chat with him. Ask him to take a picture of the nVidia code card (with the key blocked out) before I buy it, just to be sure.

RivalCore

Maaan, I really want to cancel my preorder/prepurchase on GMG. Is that even possible? I won't have time to even download this until around Christmas, and even then I can get it cheaper.

JaseC

xXJonoXx said:
Hmm, that's better to know. Thanks, I think I'll try to find the seller with the best feedback and chat with him. Ask him to take a picture of the nVidia code card (with the key blocked out) before I buy it, just to be sure.

I paid £24 (~AUD$37) for mine (I opted for a Buy it Now auction as all of the regular auctions ended at some ridiculous hour owing to time zone differences) and received a 3.1MP photo of the cardboard voucher not even ten minutes later.

RivalCore said:
Maaan, I really want to cancel my preorder/prepurchase on GMG. Is that even possible? I won't have time to even download this until around Christmas, and even then I can get it cheaper.

I'd like to know as well. Fuck these delays.

Risible

Fuck WB. This would have been a Day One purchase for me, $60 no questions asked, one of my most anticipated titles this year.

Instead they dicked around with the release date, forcing me to wait, and I ended up getting one of the promotional Nvidia codes for around $25 or so.

Once they release the game on PC and it does poorly because everyone and their brother paid only $25 or less, they'll then say "See? The pirates stole all our sales!" Fuck them.

Good job WB! Way to force me to pay $35 LESS than I would have paid. Idiots.

wiggleb0t

Banned
JaseC said:
I paid £24 (~AUD$37) for mine (I opted for a Buy it Now auction as all of the regular auctions ended at some ridiculous hour owing to time zone differences) and received a 3.1MP photo of the cardboard voucher not even ten minutes later.

Not to nit pick or pretend to play moderator however the discussion of keys from unauthorized resellers sites was banned which one would think also extends to ebay key resellers.

The other thing being that if currency, motorbikes, rolex, etc can be made illegitimately and can look %100 legit, do you think it's too far fetched for a 'smart' fraudster with photoshop to whip together a perfectly legit looking photo of a serial number/box regardless of how many MP it is?

I don't like bad choices.

This game getting delayed AGAIN on the PC was a bad choice. WB, if it wasn't for the fact that I got my key for 30 dollars, I would have waited for it to hit 30 dollars.

Top Bottom