• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City PC release date now Nov 18 - Steam version uses Steamworks

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Probably too busy deciding when they will green light development of a PC version.

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAMN GAME FOR A LONG TIME NOW WB, HURRY IT UP!

WB lives in Opposite Land, where people wear hats on their feet and "hurry it up!" means "delay the game another week!"

Why is this motherf**king game not out yet!?!? Jesus Christ!!!

BWAAAAAARGHHHH

I might even buy Skyrim to hold me over even though I hated Oblivion....

DOA

btw, can someone change the title to the actual date? it's three days after the 18th, and i was a little surprised reading it here and thought my comp was acting weird.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Well it's really looking like we aren't going to get a preload screw u WB! Guess I'll have to wait 2 hours for it to dl on Tuesday.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
(17.5GB) / (48 hours) = 106.19KBps

You poor soul.

it's no speed problem only..I have decent speed I guess -6Mbps-but only 30GB of monthly bandwidth cap/limit,that the reason why I still only buy discs.

I'm sure nvidia users will continue their time-honoured tradition of being able to play new releases on launch day.

Love that tradition..it feel so good in the green clan.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
god, hurry up and unlock, my gf has 3 hours of language classes tonight :/

pelican

god, hurry up and unlock, my gf has 3 hours of language classes tonight :/

Heh...I remember similar feelings as those. Until we split up;p

Kind of annoying that Batman still isn't out. According to my library on Steam there still isn't a clear date on the game's release.

Bluth54

Heh...I remember similar feelings as those. Until we split up;p

Kind of annoying that Batman still isn't out. According to my library on Steam there still isn't a clear date on the game's release.

The (US anyway) store page shows when it will unlock. Currently showing 1 day and 11 hours, so noon central time.

JaseC

it's no speed problem only..I have decent speed I guess -6Mbps-but only 30GB of monthly bandwidth cap/limit,that the reason why I still only buy discs.

30GB? Ouch.

Love that tradition..it feel so good in the green clan.

*shield tap*

We should have a pool on when they'll update it for the delay.

The UK unlock date was pushed back a mere ~2 hours before it was due to do just that. I was expecting a brief window of availability.

wiggleb0t

Banned
But you have an AMD card. Expect the game to be unplayable for a few days. :p

I lol but cry inside. If it's anything like some other games we might have to wait like 1-2months for crossfire support. Rocking a 5970+5870 and when it performs it's fantastic. When it doesn't it can be a annoying. (RAGE still does not have crossfire support!!!!!) :|

DieH@rd

Banned
I really dont see why AMD crossfire users are bitching. This is UE3 game, single 100$ AMD card will provide enough power for smooth 1080p gameplay.

JaseC

I have ONE AMD card, so I should be okay ;)

If there are issues day 1 (laughable to even call it that now) I will be so pissed off. It should run perfectly after all this bullshit.

Day 1+100.

I lol but cry inside. If it's anything like some other games we might have to wait like 1-2months for crossfire support. Rocking a 5970+5870 and when it performs it's fantastic. When it doesn't it can be a annoying. (RAGE still does not have crossfire support!!!!!) :|

AMD's stance on OpenGL can be summed up using the Harrison Ford "Who gives a shit?" gif... which I don't have on-hand.

I really dont see why AMD crossfire users are bitching. This is UE3 game, single 100$ AMD card will provide enough power for smooth 1080p gameplay.

It wouldn't surprise me if the delays were (partially) to offer AMD ample time to get their driver support in order.

Beardz

10 min till release!!

never waited till midnight for a release on steam, so excited. let's hope it goes without a hitch.

UMD46.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

Unlocks in 1 hour.

delayed again.

WB deserves a fucking soul clap for this one.

Store page says no such unlock time for me

Just shows it as normal

Edit: Restart Steam, then it should let you install it. At least, it did for me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nevermind.

Ready for Install!

16+ Gigs!

Restart Steam if you're having problems.

Sober

I got the "You already own this game / Play Now" frame on the store screen, of course the button does jack all.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
ATTENTION: If you got Arkham City with an Nvidia code, restart Steam.

I just tried that and the game is now installing. Fuck yeah!

Time Remaining: 1 hour.

I'm gonna study math while waiting.

Sober

Yep, pre-orders on Steam need a restart too to start downloading.

9 hours 22 minutes at 512 kbps OH YEAH BABY, OVERNIGHT

(now I wish they released it at 10PM PST tomorrow so I could start playing after getting home from work tomorrow)

edit: they didn't fix the name, still is Batman: Arkham City (tm) PC, unless everyone is getting that now

Top Bottom