• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City PC release date now Nov 18 - Steam version uses Steamworks

Ningo

Great news, day of my final exam. A month of hell and then batman, saints row, skyrim and i'll go back and play rage as by then amd will surely have crossfire working.

Omiee

ill just wait untill december or january, might pick it up when it hits 20 bucks or something.

november is to crowded for me with uncharted skyrim, mw3 and saints row the third

If I had a console I'd just buy the console version. A higher res and some Physx stuff (which I can't even crank up to high since I have an AMD card) isn't worth the month-long wait. But I don't have one so I have no choice but to wait. Thanks, WB.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Heavy said:
If I had a console I'd just buy the console version. A higher res and some Physx stuff (which I can't even crank up to high since I have an AMD card) isn't worth the month-long wait. But I don't have one so I have no choice but to wait. Thanks, WB.

relax, it also supports DX11 with tesselation and stuff

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
That is too bad. Well whatever, I guess that leaves me open to play some other big releases.

scitek

Cool, couldn't give a fuck less. Lots of other games to keep me busy, and if I can make it a month, I can make it till the first price drop next year.

Dissapointing move for me, and will possibly lead to a lot of lossed sales. I would've loved it right now as I have no games on my plate, and November is the worst possible month for it to come out. I'll wait for a price drop in early 2012 just like a lot of other people.

Smokey

Doesn't bother me. I just started playing Batman AA from the steam summer sale last week. Good game. Gives me plenty of time to finish it. That plus 1080p, 60+ fps, high phsyx settings, maxed out graphical options and 3D means I have no desire to cave and get it on consoles. It's a great experience on PC due to what I mentioned above.

McNum

Sorry Bats, but releasing on the same day as Skyward Sword and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3? Not the best planning I've seen. I'll be getting those two and wait for the inevitable DLC compilation budget re-release and/or Steam sale for Batman now.

Stitch

Gold Member
Oh no, now I have to buy and play it on the 360!!

LoL never. Master race version or bust! Gives me time to finish some stuff from my backlog... but it's still bullshit!

we will no longer be supporting the pc version due to piracy and lackluster sales.
Might as well be.
This man has been shot in the face, crime is terrible (as he hides a gun).

mclem

Bisnic said:
Well, it could be worse. You could be a Nintendo fan only playing Nintendo consoles and having to wait for 2012 for the Wii U version. :lol

I was *sorely* tempted to do this. The detective mode potential of the Wii U controller is huge. I didn't give in in the end - I've got a preorder placed for the 360 version - but it was awfully tempting.

There's a fair chance I'll double-dip if they follow through on the potential.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
My fellow PC gamers, hold on, don't fall into this marketing trap! If you buy the console version then those marketing terrorists have won!

I'm guessing the US date is Nov 15 as Gamestop and Best Buy have listed on their sites.

They were supposed to announce PC DLC plans too. Any word of that?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The real Master race gets the game first, and then red headed stepchildren get the bug ridden version a month later.

The Nature Roy said:
I'm guessing the US date is Nov 15 as Gamestop and Best Buy have listed on their sites.

They were supposed to announce PC DLC plans too. Any word of that?

"Hi all,

For PC gamers we expect the full release date to go out Tuesday or Wednesday this week, this will also include an answer about how you get DLC.

System specs will be around 21st 22nd October.

I know this is alot later than some of you expected to hear but we wanted to ensure we could give you firm details and answer your questions.

SarahMay
"

Link

Grisby

What a shame. No seriously, it's such a bad practice for developers to do that.

Only played an hour or so but it's freaking great. At least PC guys have something to look forward to.

Cpt.Underpants said:
"Hi all,

For PC gamers we expect the full release date to go out Tuesday or Wednesday this week, this will also include an answer about how you get DLC.

System specs will be around 21st 22nd October.

I know this is alot later than some of you expected to hear but we wanted to ensure we could give you firm details and answer your questions.

SarahMay
"

Link
Yes, this is what I'm referring to. WB sent out a release concerning the date, so where's the DLC info?

mandiller

I spoke to a Warner Brothers rep at the weekend and he said the PC version was delayed for two reasons: they're waiting for better drivers and the PC team want a few more weeks to optimise the game.

It still sucks that it's delayed though, and even worse considering Skyrim will be out by then.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Why... Why has this become a common practice even among non-shitty devs/publishers? I mean Ubisoft I understand not even themselves care about their results but what's the point of this 1 month delay? Tightening up the graphics on level 3?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I can wait, plenty of other games to play in the meantime. The fact that it'll be free for me due to the GeForce bundle helps also, obviously.

Stumpokapow said:
Right, but if you want to play on Wii U, you'll have to wait even longer to get it for $20, like PS3 BioShock, Mass Effect 2, or any other year late port :p

Ah, I see.

Well, good games don't somehow turn rotten over time, so I'd have no problem waiting if I was going the Wii U route.

iNvid02

this month was a perfect release date, enough time to really enjoy it before the even bigger titles come out, i think even more people will just hold out now until it drops big time as all SP only games do.

it'll probably have to wait until next year for me now

mandiller said:
I spoke to a Warner Brothers rep at the weekend and he said the PC version was delayed for two reasons: they're waiting for better drivers and the PC team want a few more weeks to optimise the game.
Call me cynical but I still believe it was a Ubi-style strategic maneuver in the attempt to side-step piracy in order to push console sales.

DangerStepp

Good thing my mom cooks it up big for Thanksgiving in November because I'm not going to be able to spend money on food.

Between this, Uncharted 3 and Skyrim....Broke-vember

Cheech

Smokey said:
Doesn't bother me. I just started playing Batman AA from the steam summer sale last week. Good game. Gives me plenty of time to finish it. That plus 1080p, 60+ fps, high phsyx settings, maxed out graphical options and 3D means I have no desire to cave and get it on consoles. It's a great experience on PC due to what I mentioned above.

Yeah, I will be playing BF3 and Skyrim. Batman AA can wait for next year.

mandiller said:

It still sucks that it's delayed though, and even worse considering Skyrim will be out by then.

Strange, Arkham City PC was the lead platform but still requires more optimisation

Derrick01

Banned
So it looks like the US version will be on the 15th. I just looked at Amazon and they had it listed as that. The 15th was also one of the rumored dates before.

TheExodu5

Banned
AbsoluteZero said:
Will the game somehow be worse next year? I don't plan on playing it until it's $20 anyway, so that'll likely be mid-to-late 2012 as it is.

You can get it for $25 right now by buying a Steam code off someone.

Amagon

thbIO.jpg

Another blow to the PC Master Race

TheExodu5

Banned
Corky said:
Why... Why has this become a common practice even among non-shitty devs/publishers? I mean Ubisoft I understand not even themselves care about their results but what's the point of this 1 month delay? Tightening up the graphics on level 3?

Give them the benefit of the doubt. We've had enough shitty releases on PC this year when we keep saying "why didn't you just work on it a few more weeks instead of releasing it in this broken state". If Arkham City comes out as nicely as Arkham Asylum, then we can say the added month was worth it.

Seriously, look at Dead Island, RAGE, Red Orchestra 2, Deus Ex. These titles could have used an added month of PC QA and optimisation.

GWX

The day I enter vacation from school, awesome! The problem is: what will I play first, Zelda or Batman? =/

LOL

Glad I picked up the PS3 version any ways. I'll just trade it in and do everything again in my pre-ordered PC version.

Top Bottom