• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham Knight - "All Who Follow You" - Official Trailer

Place your bets: will Rocksteady successfully keep the identity of the Arkham Knight a secret up until release? I'm going to say no.

Alienous

Oh how I hate marketing campaigns that reveal so much about games. Wouldn't it be better if they didn't mention Catwoman, Robin and Nightwing, so we can actually get surprised when we encounter them in the game? I really enjoyed when I encountered some of the characters in Arkham City, since I didn't expect them to be there.

And before you say that I don't have to watch each and every trailer released for a game - it doesn't matter, new characters are all over the place, with article headlines like "Robin, Catwoman and Nightwing are returning in Arkham Knight", and tweets about "Catwoman being meow" in the new Arkham Knight trailer.

/rant

Rocksteady are being coy about a lot. We haven't gotten trailers revealing the boss battles, for instance.

Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman appearing would have been a weak surprise to keep.

Rootbeer

Banned
I wish Damian were in this. It's not like they couldn't have found a way to bring him in. Some Arkhamverse version of Batman And Son taking place in-between this game and the previous one.

And I hope he's not the AK cause that would put him as way too old.

They werent a surprise in AC either though. They had announced them all prior to release.
Didn't know that. I knew about Catwoman (her trailer was badass!), but I didn't know about many others. I guess I wasn't spending that much time on Twitter back then, but I do remember people getting pissed at Kotaku for their headline about Joker
and his death/not-death/faked-death in the first "chapter" of the game
Rocksteady are being coy about a lot. We haven't gotten trailers revealing the boss battles, for instance.

Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman appearing would have been a weak surprise to keep.
Well, they still have 2 months to ruin some more surprises during their marketing campaign. *pessimist*

delSai

And that's good. I don't want to know what characters show up in sidequests and what bosses i will fight.

dex3108

There won't be coop :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CINA288fZUs

For the first time ever, watch Batman: Arkham Knight’s exciting new “Dual Play” mechanic in action as you switch seamlessly between The Dark Knight and his allies including Robin, Nightwing, and Catwoman in free-flow combat.

With his back against the wall, Batman turns to his closest allies to help him save Gotham City from the clutches of Scarecrow and the Arkham Knight’s army. A familiar face also returns to give The Dark Knight a message he cannot ignore…

Its beginning to look like he is actually a made up character.

Now that would be an actual twist. I don't see why they'd keep his out of suit appearance/identity such a secret if that was the case, but maybe they just want to make the in game reveal more dramatic.

Newman96

Now that would be an actual twist. I don't see why they'd keep his out of suit appearance/identity such a secret if that was the case, but maybe they just want to make the in game reveal more dramatic.

Maybe he's just a cyborg? Suppose he'd still have been controlled/built by someone.

fokkusu

God i want catwoman to be my wife

image.php

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
At 1:00 the plane comes in, humps the Batmobile and just flies off. Is that how you get upgrades to the Batmobile I guess?

No driving back to the cave or anything?

the Arkham Knight is actually a made up character, yes, but the man behind its mask though.......

They've said he is completely original.

And they've said it's definitely not Jason Todd.

Red Hood Jason Todd is a pre-order bonus from somewhere.

BY2K

Membero Americo
What's the point of co-op takedowns if a takedown with one character is enough?

Or is it just to be flashy?

At 1:00 the plane comes in, humps the Batmobile and just flies off. Is that how you get upgrades to the Batmobile I guess?

No driving back to the cave or anything?

They've said he is completely original.

And they've said it's definitely not Jason Todd.

Red Hood Jason Todd is a pre-order bonus from somewhere.

The Cave is going to be in the game as we see a shot of it with Alfred and the Batsuit in this trailer. Whether we'll be able to drive to it is unknown. Perhaps the Batwing comes and picks up the Batmobile and flies you to the Batcave?

Who knows. I'm just glad the Batcave is confirmed to be in the game. Can't have an epic ending to the Batman Arkham series without the Batcave.

I have a PS4 so I could technically get the exclusive content but since there were only Limited Editions left for Xbox One and I own every other Arkham game on 360, exclusive DLC really should fuck off.

if you can pick who to take on some ass kicking I am choosing Catwoman all day everyday but I suspect its Story Related. Can't wait though. Got Project CARS and The Witcher 3 and then finally Batman is Back.

I have a PS4 so I could technically get be exclusive content but since there were only Limited Editions left for Xbox One and I own every other Arkham game on 360, exclusive DLC really should fuck off.

Wait...you have both and you are going to get it on Xbone even though it will likely be lower res? Okay...

Wait...you have both and you are going to get it on Xbone even though it will likely be lower res? Okay...

I've got a PC version on pre-order so if I feel the experience was somehow soured by disappointing visuals
I won't, but still
it wouldn't matter regardless since my second playthrough will be at 1080p, 60fps on Ultra settings on my PC.

Top Bottom