• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman [Mafia] |OT| The mafia game Gafia deserves , but not the one it needs

VOTE: Coppanuva

I'm not sure why I'm putting down this vote hesitantly. I have a bad feeling...
I'VE GOT A FEELING
WOOOOHOOOO
THAT TODAY WE'RE GOING TO LYNCH SCUM IN THE FORM OF COPPANUVA AND THEN SORIAN KILLS SCUM TONIGHT AND THEN WE MIGHT MISLYNCH TOMORROW BUT WE'LL DEFINITELY LYNCH SCUM THE DAY AFTER THAT

Coppanuva, CornBurrito, and Karu, how was your day today?
I am doing an interview with Gotham's worst villains and obviously I needed stuff from you three

Sorian

Banned
I'VE GOT A FEELING
WOOOOHOOOO
THAT TODAY WE'RE GOING TO LYNCH SCUM IN THE FORM OF COPPANUVA AND THEN SORIAN KILLS SCUM TONIGHT AND THEN WE MIGHT MISLYNCH TOMORROW BUT WE'LL DEFINITELY LYNCH SCUM THE DAY AFTER THAT

Ladies and Gentlemen! You've read about it in the papers! Now witness, before your very eyes, that most rare and tragic of nature's mistakes! I give you: the average man. Physically unremarkable, it instead possesses a deformed set of values. Notice the hideously bloated sense of humanity's importance. Also note the club-footed social conscience and the withered optimism. It's certainly not for the squeamish, is it? Most repulsive of all, are its frail and useless notions of order and sanity. If too much weight is placed upon them... they snap. How does it live, I hear you ask? How does this poor pathetic specimen survive in today's harsh and irrational environment? I'm afraid the sad answer is, "Not very well." Faced with the inescapable fact that human existence is mad, random, and pointless, one in eight of them crack up and go stark slavering buggo! Who can blame them? In a world as psychotic as this... any other response would be crazy!

VOTE: Xamtheking

look folks the important thing is that we all came around in the end

Remembering’s dangerous. I find the past such a worrying, anxious place. “The Past Tense,” I suppose you’d call it. Memory’s so treacherous. One moment you’re lost in a carnival of delights, with poignant childhood aromas, the flashing neon of puberty, all that sentimental candy-floss… the next, it leads you somewhere you don’t want to go. Somewhere dark and cold, filled with the damp ambiguous shapes of things you’d hoped were forgotten. Memories can be vile, repulsive little brutes. Like children I suppose. But can we live without them? Memories are what our reason is based upon. If we can’t face them, we deny reason itself! Although, why not? We aren’t contractually tied down to rationality! There is no sanity clause! So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.

VOTE: Camjo-Z

VOTE: Coppanuva

Oh, you. You just couldn't let me go, could you? This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible, aren't you? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. And I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever.

VOTE: Trigg----

Wait a minute! What's this?

I mean... we still have to kill all the scum. Even if you kill 2 there's still 1 remaining.

Also is it too late to admit to reveal my REAL role?

Currently I'm Bruce Wayne. Every night I visit a target and take on their ability. One might say my skills at plastic surgery are... admirable.

THIS WAS MY PLAN!

VOTE: Coppa----

You're lucky I'm in a good mood today Ivy.

ezgif-2476436916.gif

VOTE:Ty4on

-----------

See, there were these two guys in a lunatic asylum...and one night, one night they decide they don't like living in an asylum any more. They decide they're going to escape! So, like, they get up onto the roof and there, just across this narrow gap, they see the rooftops of the town, stretching away in the moonlight...stretching away to freedom. Now, the first guy, he jumps right across with no problem. But his friend, his friend daren't make the leap. Y'see...y'see, he's afraid of falling. So then, the first guy has an idea...He says 'Hey! I have my flashlight with me! I'll shine it across the gap between the buildings. You can walk along the beam and join me!' B-but the second guy just shakes his head. He suh-says... he says 'What do you think I am? Crazy? You'd turn it off when I was half way across!'

Sorry Xam :D

roytheone

The night was dark and silent. Suddenly, the silence was disturbed by 4 shadowy figures walking through the room. They should be asleep, but they weren’t.
“So, which one will we take out tonight? Xam? Camjo? Oh, how about Launch?”
“Yeah, launch will be good, I always hated that cop. Let me take care of him.”
“Back off mud man, you had your fun last time. This night, it is my turn!”
Before Karu could object, Cornbro rushed towards Launch and lifted his sleeping body high up. Before Launch fully woke up and could realize what was happening, Cornbro slammed Launch his back onto his knee with a devastating display of raw power, instantly breaking his back. Launch wanted to scream of pain, but then Cornbro’s fist pulverized launch his face, bits of skull and brain flew through the room.
LaunchpadMcQ has died!
Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are Harvey Bullock.

You are aligned with the heroes.

Those blasted “super heroes”! They are barely better than the villains they hunt! You still remember when crime fighting was simpler: you just walk into the bad neighborhood, put your boot on the face of some lowly goon, get him to talk, and bust the bad guys (and of course make some of the evidence money, ehm, “disappear”). No Gadgets, no fancy cars, no underaged sidekicks, no dressed up gangs, no superheroines in sexy, impossible tight outfits…..well, ok, maybe some things are better now. Still, you will show these rookies how a real, old fashioned cop handles finding criminals!

Once per game, you can PM me the command STAKEOUT: playername during the night. The next night, you will get a pm saying if there were non town players that had their vote on that player when the day ended, you will not get a number, just a yes or no.

You win when all the villains are eliminated.

The thread can be found here

Please confirm you are ready to play by sending me a PM or by posting in the thread. If you have any questions, please send them to me! Have fun!
“Well, lets replace Xam his vote again and then it is time to go back to sleep!”
Coppanuva looked around the room.
“Hold on guys, I count 4 heroes left. And with you disabling that vote….we have a majority, don’t we? So why don’t we just finish it right here, right now?”
“Wait, ivy, you are right! We can just kill them! Dibs on Xam! I always hated that dick!”
Sorian walked towards Xam and pointed a revolver towards his face.
“Wakey wakey dicky dick, I have a little surprise for you!”
Before Xam realized what was happening, Sorian pulled the trigger. But instead of a bullet , a little flag saying “bang!” came out of the gun. Sorian laughed, and then pulled the trigger again. The flag shot out of the gun, embedding itself into Xam’s eye socket, killing him instantly.
Xamtheking has died!
Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are Dick Grayson, AKA Nightwing.

After losing your parents, you, Dick (pfffff, hahahaha), were taken in by Bruce wayne and trained to be his partner as the protector of gotham. Apparently Bruce really liked Dick (ahahahaahahah). Now, you have split off and gone on your own as nightwing, and with your two electric stick thingies you have turned out to be almost as good as a crimefighter as Batman himself. You have teached villains to fear Dick! (AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA)

As nightwing, every night you can send me the command DICK PROTECTION: playername to stand watch over that player, protecting them from one killing action. You can’t target yourself.

Please confirm you are ready to play by sending me a PM or by posting in the thread. If you have any questions, please send them to me! Have fun!
Karu walked towards Ty4on. He transformed his hands in huge hammer, and started to squash the poor cop. After a good minute of violence, there was nothing left of Ty4on instead of a flat pizza of flesh, bone and blood.
Ty4on has died!
Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are A generic GCPD officer.

Your friend thought you were crazy, becoming a cop in Gotham city???? That is a death sentence! You laughed it off and pretended that it all wasn’t so bad, but deep inside you knew they were right. But they pay well, and you needed the money to take care for your pregnant wife, terminally ill kid and the 5 abandoned puppies you selflessly took in. They are all counting on you to get out of this crazy person's death trap alive, so you will not give up. You will help the heroes to take down the villains, and survive! Maybe even get some autographs for your daughter, she will love that!

You don’t have any cool super powers, or any of those cool gadgets, hell, you even aren’t as smart as those guys. But you still have the power to VOTE! So use that power to take down the villains and get back to your family alive!

Coppanuva walked towards Camjo. He always had a weak spot for the bad boys. Sensually, he stroke Camjo’s face, and then planned his lips on Camjo’s in a kiss filled with passion…..and poison. Camjo’s blood began to turn into resin, and his skin into bark. Quickly, all life left Camjo’s body.
Camjo-Z had dies!
Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are Jason Todd, AKA Robin.

Rescued from a near unavoidable life as a street scum by Batman, he has trained you to become his partner in crime fighting as the second Robin. You still have your cocky attitude and are generally more violent than most of the members of the Bat family. To be fair, you are kind of an asshole that is not afraid to kill people without really thinking about it. You are kind of like the El topo of the Batman universe now that I think about it. Huh, El Toddo, doesn’t sound half bad! In case you are actually El topo that got this role: please don’t kill me. Please?

Since you have a very hot temper and tend to want to do things your own way, once during the game you can put in the command OVERRIDE: playername in the thread to make sure that person gets lynched and that the day ends, regardless of the amount of votes he/she has.

If you die during the night…..well, let’s just say some ends may prove to be new beginnings.

Only fireblend was left. He looked around the room to see if there was a way to escape, but in reality, he already knew the truth: He was going to die.
“So, what will we do with this one? Shall we burn him? Rip him into shreds? Take him with us and feed him to croc? Oh, the possibilities!”
“What about lynching him? I have this rope……”
“I don’t know why, but for some reason that sounds like a great idea! Lets do it!”
Fireblend has died!
Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are A generic GCPD officer.

Your friend thought you were crazy, becoming a cop in Gotham city???? That is a death sentence! You laughed it off and pretended that it all wasn’t so bad, but deep inside you knew they were right. But they pay well, and you needed the money to take care for your pregnant wife, terminally ill kid and the 5 abandoned puppies you selflessly took in. They are all counting on you to get out of this crazy person's death trap alive, so you will not give up. You will help the heroes to take down the villains, and survive! Maybe even get some autographs for your daughter, she will love that!

You don’t have any cool super powers, or any of those cool gadgets, hell, you even aren’t as smart as those guys. But you still have the power to VOTE! So use that power to take down the villains and get back to your family alive!

Satisfied, the 4 villains looked to their gruesome handiwork.
“Well, would you have guessed this time one of Eddies crazy plans would actually work? The city is now ours for the taking!”
“Speaking of Eddie, I wonder where he is? “
“Eh, I am sure he is somewhere having a great time! Let’s not worry about him, and get the hell out of here!”
The villains forced a door open, and walked into the sleeping city. The city that was still oblivious of the horrors that would soon await it.
Coppanuva has won the game!
Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are Pamela Lillian Isley, AKA Poison Ivy.

You are aligned with the villains.

After an “accident” gave you the ability to control plants and the minds of people, you became the world's most feared eco-terrorist, using all available means to achieve your goals. You also started to wear plants as underwear for some reason….. I mean, if you think it is confortable, who am I to judge, but that has to itch like crazy, doesn’t it?

You have the ability to redirect a targetable power of someone by sending me the command REDIRECT: [playername of whose power you want to redirect]; [playername of the new target]. If your target uses a targetable power that night, it will instead move to the new target you provided without any warning. If your target uses multiple targetable powers that night, they will all move to the new target.

You can also do the normal scum night kill by sending me the command KILL: playername . You can only do either your night action or perform the faction kill unless you are the last living scum.

Your partners are RetroMG, Yeeny, Royal_Flush, Nin1000 and Roytheone, and your scum chat can be found here: here

You win when your team hold a majority vote in the thread.

Karu has won the game!
Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are Matt Hagen, AKA Clayface.

When a car accident cut your already dying acting career short, you became a test subject for a new chemical compound which gave you the ability to transform into any form you want. You can even create clothes out of thin air because this is a PG-13 mafia game and we will not tolerate naked people running around! (Seath will be disappointed)

During the day, you can pm me the command TRANSFORM: [role name] to take the form of that person. For as long as your transformation is active, and any power that would see your role name will get that name instead, and any role that would see your alignment will get a town result. You are like a less cute Ditto.

You can also do the normal scum night kill by sending me the command KILL: playername . However, if you perform the faction kill, you will lose your transformation in that night, becoming vulnerable to investigation powers. You can retransform using the TRANSFORM command the following day, but beware: You can’t use the same role name twice.

Your partners are RetroMG, Yeeny, Royal_Flush, Nin1000 and Roytheone, and your scum chat can be found here: here

Cornburrito has won the game!
Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are Bane.

Contrary what some depictions of you show, as “the man who broke the bat” you are not just incredibly strong, you are also highly intelligent, a master strategist and a born leader. Really, it is frustrating how many people just view you as “that mussled wrestling guy that is very strong”. You are so much more! You have so much more depth! You are not just a dumb brute powered by venom!

In this game your power is that you are just a dumb brute powered by venom. By sending me the command JUICE UP: playername , you can perform a powered up night kill, that will go through one instance of protection or role blocking. This kill will replace the standard scum kill for that night. After performing a powered up kill, you will need to rest the next night and can’t perform any actions.

If you choose, you can also do the normal scum night kill by sending me the command KILL: playername .

Sorian has won the game!
Welcome to Batman mafia!

You are The Joker.

Nobody knows who you really are. Nobody knows how you became this way. Nobody knows why you do the things you do. And nobody dares to ask those questions directly to your face out of fear of getting your face melted off by an acid filled pie. Or getting electrocuted to death by a lethal hand buzzer. Or blown to pieces by an explosive whoopee cushion. Because you are the clown prince of crime, the most feared person in all of Gotham.

Since you like a good joke, every night you can replace the vote of one player by a high quality joke. The vote of that player will no longer count during the following day phase. To do this, pm me the command THE KILLING JOKE: playername .

You can also do the normal scum night kill by sending me the command KILL: playername . You can only do either your night action or perform the faction kill unless you are the last living scum.

At the other side of Gotham, the Riddler looked at his screens with a smile. His plan worked perfectly. Now, only people worthy to battle with him, the great and brilliant Riddler,are left! Of course, they have no chance to win that battle, and soon he will get rid of them too! He switched off the control panel and was getting ready to leave, when suddenly he heard footsteps behind him.
“You? What are you doing here? I did my part of the arrangement! You gave me resources and money, and I would use my supreme intellect set up this little game. So if you wouldn’t mind, I will take my leave n….”
A sharp pain suddenly went through his body. He looked down, and saw a knife sticking out of his body.
“But w…..”
The Riddlers body fell to the ground. The assassin, dressed in an outfit that made him look eerily like an owl, looked through the window towards Gotham. Soon, the city will be set on fire by the war that is now unavoidable thanks to the vacuum left by the demise of the heroes. And the only thing the court will have to do, is to wait and pick off the survivors. And then they will retake their rightful place as the real power that controls Gotham!

Sorian

Banned
"The next night, you will get a pm saying if there were scum players that had their vote on that player when the day ended, you will not get a number, just a yes or no."

Why did you let people assume a neutral could have been in there the whole time? :V

lol

roytheone

why didnt the game just end when trigger tied the vote

If scum targeted you during last night, you would have transformed into red hood, which has a kill power. so today would be 4 VS 4 again (with the vote steal), next night you would kill sorian, scum would kill you, it would be 3 VS 4 (no more vote steal), and scum would have lost.

gg I ain't even mad. You guys played well.

What would have happened if Camjo had died, though?

If scum targeted you during last night, you would have transformed into red hood, which has a kill power. so today would be 4 VS 4 again (with the vote steal), next night you would kill sorian, scum would kill you, it would be 3 VS 4 (no more vote steal), and scum would have lost.

Oh... oh my. lol

Sorian

Banned

Unless Red Hood can bypass Xam protecting me then no.

Fireblend

Banned
"The next night, you will get a pm saying if there were scum players that had their vote on that player when the day ended, you will not get a number, just a yes or no."

Why did you let people assume a neutral could have been in there the whole time? :V

lol
Oh wow.

Anyway, this was a fun game despite me losing. It was a bit frustrating that people kept subbing out, but beyond it getting distracting and making me tunnel Gryvan, I can't blame the town failure on that entirely. I'm happy to know I accurately read Karu and Coppa as scum for like 3 days straight, so I had that going for me. Sorian remains as unreadable as he was in my first game, haha. Good job Sora.

It was fun playing with you all!

Coppanuva

Was it a Strong Kill power? Cause I probably would have just used Xam's protect on Sorian again. He was arguably our most powerful player at that point (he was the reason we were tied up when we were).

roytheone

lol

Those are old versions of the pm's, i made some small adjustments when i send them out. Since the game was over anyway, I didn't pay a lot of attention if those pm's were the fully correct ones, sorry.

Sorian

Banned
Those are old versions of the pm's, i made some small adjustments when i send them out. Since the game was over anyway, I didn't pay a lot of attention if those pm's were the fully correct ones, sorry.

Ah ok.

-------

I'm reading the spec thread now. I'M REALLY REALLY SORRY SKY! You just ended up being the best choice. I was pushing for someone else originally (Ty4on actually) but it became pretty obvious that screwing around with that bat computer was the best bet. D:

Edit: Oh, and you were playing extremely well fwiw

roytheone

Was it a Strong Kill power? Cause I probably would have just used Xam's protect on Sorian again. He was arguably our most powerful player at that point (he was the reason we were tied up when we were).

You would probably have done that, yes. But you can't end a game based on assuming scum would do the logical thing, see woof 2.

Coppanuva

You would probably have done that, yes. But you can't end a game based on assuming scum would do the logical thing, see woof 2.

Fair point, just curious on how that would play. Cause we might not have hit Camjo 2 nights in a row either. Also out of curiosity, was his transformation something a Strong Kill would have gone through and killed him in 1 night?

Karu

Good game to everyone and my teammates... =)

i guess since Spec was in that chat apparently, it's not something that remains? Bummer :(

Regardless... Discord...chat... is there a Mafia room or something? Are there any infos out there? :p

Top Bottom