• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

Danja got that comfortably, his 1st and 3rd were super fire. Quotables for days. Magic had some nice shit, but also a lot of super played out lines. I involuntary rolled my eyes when he said "get your cakes up, Ill steam his chest" line. His flow was nice save for some stumbles, but the content was spread to think to fuck with Danja in this battle.

JC EXPLAINS REASON FOR PERFORMANCE AT BATTLE OF THE BRAVE

About to watch this. I expect even more blogs and interviews as the full extent of the fuckery unfolds.

It's been like 3 years and magic still can't say his slogan lmao
Right when he says, "I told em once".

The crowd just overpowers him lmao. What a feeling that must be

mileS

Been catching up on Danja Zone lately. Dude is the truth. Reminds me of B-Magic in many ways but he still has his own style. Rebuttal game is on point. Just pure creativity and skill. Def a fan now and will check out any battle with him from here on out.

Tone sucks lmao

Lottazay put him in a bodybag by scheming with singing r&b singing niggas lmao

Also, one of the hardest one liners ever
"It's March 9, the wrong day to play big nigga"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tone got bodied but he doesn't suck. Both his URL battles and his one with Superwriter (which put Spit Dat Heat on the map) are all fire.

Any rapper would have died in front of those 3 rounds from Lottazay.

BULLETS WILL LEAVE TONY TONE TONE LIKE RAPHEAEL SAADIQ

I'm more interested in the inevitable battle with QP at this point. Doesn't sound like Saga died though, lost perhaps. Hope this event gets back together soon.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh shit, fire drill interrupted the whole event during DNA's 3rd. Welp, that fucking sucks.

I'm hearing Brizz vs. DNA was insane, and some of these bars I'm hearing about live up to the hype.

I haven't been posting much but briefly:

Hollow 1-0 vs. Stay. They both came with it but Hollow was in his zone and I think he got it clearly. The variety he brought was unreal, you were seeing flashes of GrindTime Hollow too which was awesome (also loved Stay's line about the intercom in the generator). He's just way too versatile.

Danja Zone 2-1 vs. B Magic. Battle was alright; I don't think it's either of their best performances this year.

Drugz vs. HA Style and Bonus vs. Statz G are not worth watching (URL PGs). This new PG class is pretty crummy. Scotty and Ave are the best out of it IMO, and even still, I don't see either of them getting very far.

EDIT: Also that diss track from Rain/K-Shine is surprisingly good.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
despite them repeatedly saying "in my left titty"
we gotta pause that

EDIT: Yo this PG event sounded lit. Hearing good things about Ave, Saint Mic, Tone Montana AND
waifu
Myverse. I would have picked Anubis over Saint Mic (he's still dope tho) but otherwise those are the winners I would have picked.

Lets goooo. Dan killed shit, ready to rewatch this joint.

edit:

Yeah I got Dan winning 3-0. Great angles and material all throughout every round. DNA didn't do badly at all though. One of the better DNA performances I can recall in recent memory.

The format 2 card sounds crazy. I hope everyone shows up! Danja/DNA, QP/Chilla, etc. DNA is going to die!

Also, Dan 3-0.

I wanna see Bonnie/Myverse and Mike p/ave, heard those were crazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yeah The Format 2 card looks dope as hell.

Also there's going to be a URL Pittsburgh card in February; the MSG card is seemingly pushed to April/May.

Real Deal vs. Aye Verb are headlining, and Heartless is going to be on the card. (possibly vs. Ty Law? Or is it gonna be another year before URL remembers they have Ty Law?)

EDIT: Th3 Saga vs. Swave is finally going down on the card too. About time.

I really wish Swave vs. Daylyt happened, the bars Swave put out for the battle afterwards were crazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shotty-Clips
https://youtu.be/0qgEa2wsmxY

I got Shotty 3-0, but he acted like a bitch this match. He spoke on it already, but yeah.
This is so difficult to watch. Because of what Shotty did I can't really give him the W or any rounds.

Clips did decent freestyling to cover up him fucking up, but I wasn't really feeling his material either. I thought he might have been going somewhere in the 2nd but then Shotty went and demolished him.

Just gonna pretend this battle doesn't exist.

mileS

Daylyt VS. QP
https://youtu.be/Zbtg53EEG9c

QP won. Day is hilarious.

Well this sucks. Clearly Day bitched about the time limits because he didn't really prepare for the battle. At the same time QP is the type of crackhead to write 40mins of bars for a 9min battle. So I can see why you would want him cut off at a certain point.

How can the "time god" even show his face at events anymore? man it must be awkward for him. Rappers hate him, fans hate him, gets booed every intro.

This is so difficult to watch. Because of what Shotty did I can't really give him the W or any rounds.

Clips did decent freestyling to cover up him fucking up, but I wasn't really feeling his material either. I thought he might have been going somewhere in the 2nd but then Shotty went and demolished him.

Just gonna pretend this battle doesn't exist.
Completely understandable lmao

QP seems so motivated. He left earth vs Bonnie in a way I haven't seen Chilla since the Daylyt battle. QP's cokehead charisma plays real well on the radio and he's got me convinced. I think this is gonna be QP 2-1 and debatably 3-0.

Chilla's been doing good work. His Math battle was crazy, He won against Conceited in a dope battle and he killed Prep. But the angles QP says he's coming with are potentially deadly. Chilla has the detriment of an active career. Can he really prepare for QP the same way QP is preparing for him? I'm thinking no. But I'm anxious to find out.

Also: Craig Lamar vs Rum Nitty

QP seems so motivated. He left earth vs Bonnie in a way I haven't seen Chilla since the Daylyt battle. QP's cokehead charisma plays real well on the radio and he's got me convinced. I think this is gonna be QP 2-1 and debatably 3-0.

Chilla's been doing good work. His Math battle was crazy, He won against Conceited in a dope battle and he killed Prep. But the angles QP says he's coming with are potentially deadly. Chilla has the detriment of an active career. Can he really prepare for QP the same way QP is preparing for him? I'm thinking no. But I'm anxious to find out.

Also: Craig Lamar vs Rum Nitty

Agreed. Also, Nitty! I've only seen like two Craig Lamar battles, interested to see how this plays out, should be good.

How can the "time god" even show his face at events anymore? man it must be awkward for him. Rappers hate him, fans hate him, gets booed every intro.

Yeah it's harder to think of a more universally hated figure in battle rap than Malathion. Maybe he's just there because otherwise people might remember Lush still hasnt fully payed certainly battlers from Ether.

On URL in NY Nitty would definitely have a rough night. Nitty's word play is very dense and he does little in the way of giving the audience favors deciphering it. Fairly fast delivery, not always going out of his way to stress connections like a Chilla Jones for example. It's actually part of his appeal. But it's the kind of rapping that's arguably weakest against someone like Roc.

It really depends on so many factors. Has Nitty established enough clout on SMACK (or with SMACK fans rather)? Is Tay Roc's well established fan favorite status beginning to wane? Big stage or small room? When in the event is the battle taking place?

When it comes to actually rapping I think Nitty has the definitive edge. But Roc has more tricks. His violent imagery is more compelling than Nitty and his grittier delivery sells it that much better. For Nitty to win with his style he'd need more than complexity on his side. He would need the "not rabbit ears when I pull this piece behind his head" or "couple in his top like a wedding cake" style simple but extremely clever punchlines. Nitty has this. But going against Roc on URL you're trying to topple a giant. He would need the most appealing and clever material of his career to win.

I'm talking big stage battle on URL of course. Any other leage of more impartial hardcore battle fans and I'm giving Nitty the edge over Roc. If the battle ever went down on URL Nitty should take it after a clear/debatable loss from Roc and it should be the first battle of the night.

Brehs

Next week, start getting your stuff together

Top 5 battlers of the year
Top 10 battles
Biggest falloff.....Rex or Charlie.....
Best newcomer
Best punchline
Best league
Most fun random one off
Best crew
Biggest disappointment
Best comeback.....Diz

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rum Nitty could go either way. Mostly agree with what Myron said, I think it's how he adapts. I think plenty of PGs and non-Smack dudes have been well suited for the big stage but if there's anything we've learned over the past year or two is that you really can't tell how well someone is going to do on that stage until they hit it.

Rum would HAVE to switch up his style or its gonna end like it did with him vs. Rex. I would say Danja was probably in a similar scenario and he turned out alright but he had to sacrifice some complexity and Danja Zone hasn't really hit stags as big as the URL main one yet.

Beasley said he's trying to set up Ave vs. Rum Nitty in NY and I think that would be dope for either a Warm-Up or Rookies vs. Vets situation and would help build his rep a bit. I think people know Rum Nitty is dope but dude's not showing out with his views and URL has put out both of his battles on their channel at the most inconvenient times.

Top Bottom