• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

mileS

Diz was crazy focused for Blackout 6. Absolutely insane performance. All it takes is a couple of those to win back a lot of the fans.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
B Magic VS. Brixx
https://youtu.be/wTltMWJW58Q

Magic died due to a terrible performance. Brixx was cool. This could have been better.
I might actually prefer Magic's 1st to Brixx', especially with that choke Brixx had (though Brixx had good material too). Brixx definitely got the W with how bad Magic choked up; probably won't watch this shit again but there's some creative material in this battle.

Also these leagues need to chill with some of this cheesy editing, lol

EDIT: URL PGs: Jerry Wess vs. Emerson Kennedy. This is a good battle, lot of good stuff in there.

I've seen one other Emerson Kennedy battle, he's dope. That matrix bending spoon line was cool. Nice battle.

Anybody have any predictions for Born Legacy 2?

I got Rum Nitty smoking Ave, Cortez beating Chilla (I actually think this will happen), Mike P beating Tink, Ty Law will kill Cyssero, Young X and Dot I have no idea, and Chess killing Reed.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chilla Jones 3-0 edge vs. Cortez. I think this will low key be the battle of the night, both of these guys are motivated.

Rum Nitty 2-1 vs. Ave. This can go either way. Ave's 1st rounds are monsters but I really don't know who is going to punch harder.

Chess 3-0 body vs. Reed Dollaz. Self-explanatory.

Ty Law 3-0 body vs. Cyssero. See above.

Tink Da Demon 2-1 vs. Mike P. Mike P can write but Tink a different creature altogether. Some of the shit Tink says stick with you because of how fucking explicit his descriptions are.
PALM PIERCED. WRIST CHOPPED. RELIEVED OF THAT WRIST WATCH.
ANTI-FREEZE IN YOUR BABY BOTTLE

Young X 2-1 vs. DOT. I feel like Young X has to make up for his last performance and he's gonna go back to his Brizz bag (also because the venue is similar), but this can go either way.

Bonus 2-1 vs. Nunn Nunn. Nunn Nunn is wildly inconsistent TBH, but I haven't seen much of Bonus either.

Jerry Wess 3-0 vs. Bangz. Bangz is okay, Jerry Wess just made a better first impression on me.

Furyous

Unofficial results via twitter

Rum Nitty 2-1 or 3-0 - Rum had people in the crowd saying who is this dude?. They're saying this is battle of the year. I need to see this on cam because it's that great.

Reed 3-0 some say 2-1 - How the fuck you let someone who was almost out the game wash you this badly on your own stage?

Yung X with the 30 - Let me find some of DOT's bars, BRB.

We need to dissect this hot fiyah:

The clip will show EVERYTHING, y'all now watching an uncut movie
Me getting smoked by Ger man? Jew wish!
I'm a turn x to a sample for example
Clips full of bald hell they got xcels in it
Explain. I'll show u how to grind and do more flips with the snow turn smack into the x games
What if there were no sidewalks? Just concrete, yeah I'm THAT street
Crack stashed in my ass crack give me that drug walk. Stash that shit in my jaws. Gimme that drug talk
If I gave you some coke to move, you'd probably X periment with it
You think X savin ya? I'll put X in a wheelchair, he Xavier
I've got more magazines in store than magazine stores
I been sleepin with a big ass ratchet... Cause it's tax season
This time it's Chun Lee, all I kick is fire

Cyssero 2-1 - Cyss flamed this dude something awful, allegedly.

Jerry Wess 2-1 - Jerry cooked throughout the entire battle.

Chilla 2-1 or 3-0 - Crowd was bias as shit but the vast majority of Chilla's stuff went over their heads.

Yeah, I heard Nitty was great...people will start paying attention now. I'm still of the opinion he'll handle the mainstage fine and beat Tay Roc.

I'm glad DOT finally got exposed. I was waiting for the gimmick to fade. It is on him for not evolving past it.

I can't buy Cyss beating Ty Law from what I heard.

JC VS. BORN

https://youtu.be/yNriQyLVwF0

I've been waiting for this!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
JC VS. BORN

https://youtu.be/yNriQyLVwF0

I've been waiting for this!
Some good material in here, but I feel like both of these dudes have had better battles and performances recently for something like this to be this underwhelming.

IMO 2-1 JC with the third to Born but I don't even know how much of that can be attributed to Born making so many random references that go over everyone's head and then complaining about the audience for like 2/3 of the battle.

That's just the issue with these sorts of rappers like Danny Myers and Ty Law. If you don't get the reference, it's going to be blank stares. Part of the reason why I like Ty Law so much is because I get all of his references and they're super creative, but it's not necessarily that way for everyone.

Rivitur

Banned
Glad to see nitty is coming back up, I felt like he had a streak of losing for a few months late last year.

I wasn't feeling that JC first round at all but the crowd ate that shit up.

Catching up on battles. Doing a battle plug/not plug because that site dosen't exist but this one's been better anyway!!! Also watching some classics starting with Hitman vs Verb!!!

MY DADS BEEN EMOTIONALLY VACANT MOST MY LIFE!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

SMMDIDDIIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDIDDDDDDDD

daylyt1.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rewatching Young X vs. Saint Mic. X got so many hilarious one liners.

When it's beef, I don't speak. No talking is on.
I shoot the shit out of him... and whoever the fuck walking him home.

You don't know about shootin' up a n***a granddaddy house
When it's war, you be on that "yo dawg... lemme out"

This n***a brought his bitch here to watch him lose
She like, "this n***a brought me all the way here for this shit?"

My oldest brother doing 12 for D sales
It's ironic how D sales can get you locked up in D Cell
You can spit but you be on that corny shit, D12

Hope they don't vault him bodying DOT battle, totally unfair when they still put shit like Real Deal vs. Sno up :(

Furyous

Well guys, I finally did it. In my battle last night I shouted out Neogaf. Am I the first battle rapper ever to do this?

Who did you battle and where did you battle?

--

Is it too early to talk about the Danny Myers BDot barfest? People are saying it's a classic and battle of the year. Danny Myers was on AFR last night making his case for GOAT status. Basically:

He went to New York and spent the better part of the 90's battling there.
He battled Papoose in Times Square and Pap spit a song. This is from an old interview.
He battles consistently and doesn't take years off like Lux.
He doesn't ask for outrageous fees and does it out of love for the culture.
Compare his opponents and quality of battles to Lux, Mook, Diz, Thesaurus, Jones, etc.
90 percent of his battles are classics.

KOTD - Rap Battle - Illmaculate vs Rone (Title Match) | #BO6ix

... Man, Ill got this shit 2-1. Every time I watch it the 2nd and 3rd become even clearer to me.

Rone literally quoted social science stats verbatim and almost forgot to rhyme in the process. "You're too short to die for your country" might be the corniest line I've heard in a battle.

I liked Rone in this but his Reddit poster swag was a bit too much at points. Unfortunately Illmac's 1st was a travesty and I think that cost him a lot of momentum. That eventually cost him the judgement (along with the Toronto crowd). Looking at the material, though, Illmac got this 2-1.

Roney Baby The Fraud!!!

mileS

Love both Rone and ill but I have 0 interest in that battle. I find it hard to even judge the rounds because of that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Rone 2-1 pretty clearly IMO.

Illmac's first round is garbage, sorry. He picked up the wordplay near the end but overall it wasn't hitting. Rone took the first clearly.

Rone was clowning illmac something fierce in his 2nd, on top of a pretty decent free. Illmac wasn't doing good at punching or defending, just nothing of note there besides the Ali bars and some jokes near the end.

Thought Rone's angle
and PG step
in the 3rd was pretty corny/overdone, he was gassed that round for sure as most of that stuff didn't even make sense, and the Prince freestyle/stuff was the only thing I liked about that round. Illmac won this round clearly, loved the Dr. Manhattan bar and most of the rest of his round (especially the Verb closer).

One of the crummier battles for the chain IMO. Illmac's freestyle were bad or lame each round.

holyshitwtf.png

JJDD on twitter engaging in some heavy Holocaust denial smfh.

THE CULTURE STAYS TAKING Ls!!!

Edit:

GOD GOD DAMN THIS IS FUCKING REAL.

holyshitwtf2.png

Edit 2:

This shit just keeps getting worse...
Cdev6ZuVAAE13xk.jpg

Edit: 3
NO! NO! NOOO!!!

holyshitwtf4.png

^LMAO what is he doing? Why?

I don't know if I will watch Rone and Illmac again. I just know it is over and Illmac needs to bounce back. Dude was on a tear and this is how he does his first title defense? Maybe he over-thought how to approach Rone...I don't know. But he didn't perform up to par.

Gonna watch Danny Myers and Bdot soon. I think Bdot is overhyped, but i'll check it out.

^YO! LMAO

Danny Myers VS. B Dot is a good battle. I wasn't flipping out over it. I actually gave it to Danny. A lot of Bdot's material was good, but his angles dragged on and just didn't hit that hard to me. I think Danny did a better job deconstructing Bdot with far less.

Apparently JJDD saw some Nazi propaganda on youtube the other day and it changed his life. Then he went to some site called truthseekers.co.uk (which Im not even gonna bother visiting) and his life continued to change.

People tried to educate him with records, 1st hand accounts and paperwork. But it was too late. Young JJDD had awoken to his new reality.* His transition to a battler fully capable of being 3-0 clearly bodybagged by 100 Bulletz was complete. All there was left to do now was to call everyone who disagreed with him a "programmed sheep." And so he did.

I'm going to give JJ the benefit of the doubt and assume he meant that he agrees on the commonly accepted history as to what Hitler's plan was. But I honestly don't know given those blatantly anti semitic tweets. He never actually clarified.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
J-Pro & Avacado explain what The Bunker is. KOTD really making strides and continually pushing innovation IMO. I don't really agree with events that frequently, but we'll see how it goes.

I also watched Danny Myers vs. B Dot. It is most definitely not a classic. Well, it is a classic, in the sense that it's a classic example of people calling a decent battle a classic because it's got some real talk in there. B Dot's rounds went on foreeeeever and had like no pacing to them, it was kind of exhausting. Danny was average Danny, not as good as say in the Chilla battle. Good battle, but not very rewatchable IMO.

I think calling any battle a classic less than a week after it drops is usually dumb.

That battle was fire tho. I love what Danny is doing know as far as diversifying his approach. B Dot was fire aside from that "I'm just tryna let all the queens know they should date me!!!" lmao that was embarrassing. Seems like it worked in the room tho low key.

The battle is definitely being over-hyped rn. I finished Caps blog after I watched the battle and he said it was better than Hollow vs Lux...

It's probably the best battle I've seen this year so far.

I think calling any battle a classic less than a week after it drops is usually dumb.

That battle was fire tho. I love what Danny is doing know as far as diversifying his approach. B Dot was fire aside from that "I'm just tryna let all the queens know they should date me!!!" lmao that was embarrassing. Seems like it worked in the room tho low key.

The battle is definitely being over-hyped rn. I finished Caps blog after I watched the battle and he said it was better than Hollow vs Lux...

It's probably the best battle I've seen this year so far.
Nah.
Better than QP VS. CHILLA?

Possibly not. But I actually liked B Dot's performance outside of his captain save em' line. If you're lukewarm on B Dot I can see this battle not doing too much for you.

I'll say this much with certainty: I've already watched this battle more times if only due to the infinitely more listenable audio.

Off the 1st watch I got Nitty taking RDs 1 & 2 with the 2nd debatable and Danja clearly taking the 3rd.

Was a good battle. Danja had more impressive performance especially considering there was almost no room to move around the way it was set up. Rum a bit hampered, even more so early on. Rum also needs to chill with begging the crowd for reaction. All battlers actually. Or at least time the begging better. Do it when they react to a haymaker and capitalize off the momentum. Begging for reaction during a dry spot just looks weak.

But anyways, "The 4 split his shit down the middle if he don't come in peace" combined with the hand gesture was so fire. Fav line of the battle so far.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Cortez vs. Chilla Jones

URL: Saint Mic vs. Anubis

SAINT MIC WENT THE FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFF
3-0. Anubis had a few moments but he got KILLED. Saint Mic had the flow, multis, imagery, humour, everything. Poison Pen the only one catching everything live. Don't sleep.

Chilla 2-1. Gave Cor the 1st, it was just so dense with schemes and wordplay. Chilla's opening bit about Marilyn Monroe in the 2nd did alone more for me than Cor's entire 2nd. Chilla's 3rd had more impressive wordplay for me. Okay battle, debatable IMO.

Furyous

Iron Solomon VS. Dizaster

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Yi8YiZrSmaM

Can't wait to watch this again! Epic battle, I had Solomon destroying Diz when I first watched.

If JJDD is justifiably roasted over his comments on the Holocaust then Diz deserves proper responses for his racial slur usage. No, I don't care that he's a battle rap legend. He needs the scorn for that.

Iron 30'd him something awful. Bar for bar Iron got Diz. Diz folded in the second round. It's insane how badly Diz lost. Fans won with such a great battle. After this next battle Iron should be free to return to URL.

Top Bottom