• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I gave it to Mike P 3-0. Battle is good but, man, was it exhausting to go through with that rowdy ass crowd. Tink's rounds are like 2-3 times longer than the material actually is. Mike P just had more memorable stuff IMO.

Also out today...

URL PGs: Snake Eyez vs. Ryda. Heard good things about this too.

If JJDD is justifiably roasted over his comments on the Holocaust then Diz deserves proper responses for his racial slur usage. No, I don't care that he's a battle rap legend. He needs the scorn for that.

Iron 30'd him something awful. Bar for bar Iron got Diz. Diz folded in the second round. It's insane how badly Diz lost. Fans won with such a great battle. After this next battle Iron should be free to return to URL.
This begs the question, Beasley said Iron Solomon has been in talks with Smack, it's almost assured he's gonna come back.

Who do y'all think he should battle on Smack? Honestly, I'm having trouble thinking of anyone that would pair up and make a great battle. Can't be some PG or sophomore, then again Ness came back and took Steams. Surf? I feel like Surf would respect Solomon enough to do it.

URL is sitting on mad battles, they need to start pumping them out.

And yeah, Diz using the N-Word kinda coloured my whole perception of his performance. FOH with that shit, Diz.

Still on the fence about Chilla vs Tez. Watched it twice now and I'm slightly edging Tez. No round for round breakdown but I just feel like Chilla is on autopilot right now. URL needs to throw him a real career advancing battle to light a fire under him. The Marilyn Monroe joint was hot and I dug The Incredible's scheme. But this battle it felt like Chilla was just recycling moves he's done before and much better against other rappers. He added more to his formula but is still proving himself to be formulaic. In the past when he'd bust out a homonym scheme my jaw would hit the floor, now I yawn.

That being said Tez didn't go as hard as he should have. His first round was nice and the aggression was there but it felt like he didn't have his material all the way down. There's a moment you can see the phone being checked. He had some significant dry spots where he was just rambling (possibly freestyling) and that hurt him. But the material he did get off cleanly felt like it was driven by a purpose. Written for that specific night and opponent. Less like Chilla's material that felt like he was plugging slightly different variables into a formula.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Saga vs. Swave is a toss up. Both kind of choked/stumbled, a few hard bars but mostly okayish stuff. Writing this a day later,, there's just not that memorable of a battle IMO.

Aye Verb vs. Real Deal was much better than I expected, mostly because Verb's poorer performances are usually.. poorer, but Verb wasn't anything special. Edged Verb the first, I think Real Deal clearly took the 2nd with all that clowning, but Real Deal went off in the 3rd. Real Deal 2-1.

Yeah it's Deal 2-1 or 3-0. Both had really good moments in each round but the slight choking Verb had in spots hurt him. His rounds seemed slightly shorter as well.

Good battle though, battling Verb on SMACK is a good look for RD. Hopefully the battles gets good views and Deal's demand starts going up somewhat.

Furyous

This shit can Tsu like a change of plans (c) NWX

^^ Is it too early to roast Nwx or this or nah?

If it's true that Shine put two fists in Roc's face and got mushed then unLOL. I want to laugh because what was he thinking but Shine fucked up another event. I can't wait to hear Beasley's take on this.

mileS

Watching the Dirtbag Dan Show with Diz, they were talking about DNA and K Shine buying a car together. Bahahaa what in the world. Battle rap is hilarious sometimes. Would you buy a car with a friend?

Rivitur

Banned
Watching the Dirtbag Dan Show with Diz, they were talking about DNA and K Shine buying a car together. Bahahaa what in the world. Battle rap is hilarious sometimes. Would you buy a car with a friend?
Always need someone to ride shotgun in the hood.

Rum Nitty VS. Ave
https://youtu.be/Y43s5L1nkuU

So many bars...so many bars..."i'll black and let it fly in his face like feed the children"

"If I don't feel its a big risk fuck it, thats ray charles"

....i'm gonna rewatch this a few times.

I got Nitty edging every round 3-0. But goddamn...Ave was great too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just started it but Nitty vs. Ave is living up to the hype. This battle is INSANE. First round alone:

Gun butt with a mean grip
Serial (cereal) smacking his face like he riding with Queenzflip

Queenzflip's reaction afterwards is perfect lmao

You can go from the right to bare (bear) arms like the second amendment

Put a clear round in this pussy, that's a NuvaRing

Head shot ya mom's sister, they gon' have to M.O.P. your Ante Up

Leave Roc gray on Ave, that's Cobblestone

I'll clock you left and right like hypnosis

Let 10 open up on his face like Peek-A-Boo

kvpaw.gif

Can't see anyone more fit to face Tay Roc than Nitty right now.

Bout damn time Nitty got his due. Roc is next.

QP VS. Real Deal
https://youtu.be/g4uFBtsgdq8

Fun battle, QP's freestyles were cool. Real Deal went IN. Real Deal 3-0 or 2-1.

Real Deal definitely did his thing, but I liked QP's delivery way more.

Haven't finished, but it's my first time seeing Rum NItty...is this guy all crowd? His bars aren't anything special.

"avatar...Ave-a-target"...lmao, the crowd sounded confused and puzzled by this nonsense.

Real Deal definitely did his thing, but I liked QP's delivery way more.

Haven't finished, but it's my first time seeing Rum NItty...is this guy all crowd? His bars aren't anything special.

"avatar...Ave-a-target"...lmao, the crowd sounded confused and puzzled by this nonsense.
Not liking his style is understandable. It is always going to be a preference thing with the material referenced too. I mean, I don't know what to tell you if you weren't feeling his material this battle lol. Watch his battles against Bmagic, Danny Myers, Steams, Tycoon Tax, O Red and Ars if you're curious for more. But when it comes to punchline rappers, he is my favorite along with Bigg K.

Not liking his style is understandable. It is always going to be a preference thing with the material referenced too. I mean, I don't know what to tell you if you weren't feeling his material this battle lol. Watch his battles against Bmagic, Danny Myers, Steams, Tycoon Tax, O Red and Ars if you're curious for more. But when it comes to punchline rappers, he is my favorite along with Bigg K.

I'll check those out (including Bigg K). During this battle, I felt like he had some nice bars but the bars that were "okay" still got way too much hype from the crowd, but I guess that goes back to what you said about people liking his style.

I'll check those out (including Bigg K). During this battle, I felt like he had some nice bars but the bars that were "okay" still got way too much hype from the crowd, but I guess that goes back to what you said about people liking his style.
I mean URL crowds definitely overhype and gas stuff often. I complain about URL crowds in particular all the time lol. Especially when it comes to Tay Roc battles >_>

Battle I did on January 30th just dropped today. This isn't the one where I shout out Gaf, that one drops in late April.

Anyhoo, watch, share subscribe comment all that shit. Or not.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G5phx...p2MsCFQokfgodxYMEzTIGcmVsbWZ1SJfWmPnPluvvugE=
Nice job! I was thoroughly entertained. Your style is interesting and I was laughing quite a bit, I like it!

Who

Banned
So I was wondering

Would there be a significant amount of interest in a Rapchat thread? I think it could potentially be fucking awesome and hilarious but only if there's a good deal of people contributing.

Eh?

Edit:

Here's a few I've done

http://rapchat.me/share-rap.html?rapid=00C7CB36-BD70-40CF-AB5A-7940280E6E51

http://rapchat.me/share-rap.html?rapid=49B094BB-F67E-4764-8211-72CE4FAC3CF2

http://rapchat.me/share-rap.html?rapid=E704D69E-DDDB-4936-8789-1A0800C67599

It's stupid and cheesy haha but man it's fun. I'd love to have an active thread where people can play off eachothers raps and posters can challenge the community to rhyme a certain phrase or something.

Holy shit Ave vs Nitty is battle of the year so far clearly. They both went the fuck off. I got Nitty taking the battle. Don't know the round breakdown but it was close.

That MOP line... jeeeeeeezus. That fuckin shining bar... oh my god. The replay value on this shit is about to be through the roof.

FALSE!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I got Nitty 3-0 edging. Definitely battle of the year thus far, I agree. They both have some insane momentum right now.

Both of them were going OFF. I think that MOP line might be my favourite.

That MOP line is like borderline wedding cake tier. I'm only reticent to place it at the same rank because the reference isn't as ubiquitous.

The cobblestone joint was crazy too. At this point I feel like we gatta see Roc vs Nitty. It'd likely go down for sure if Nitty accepted the match on a Rookies vs Vets card. But I don't think Nitty would make that move.

This battle should get wild views, though. The fans are starting to call for it in the comments.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Just watched it again. Still just as fire.

I think my favourite from Ave was:

Wanna take a thug's gamble?
I'm fat and strapped on both sides, I love handles!

Ave also said this one liner in the same round which gives me that old Hoffa feel:

Life ain't make you 6 feet... But death can

Just watched it again. Still just as fire.

I think my favourite from Ave was:

Wanna take a thug's gamble?
I'm fat and strapped on both sides, I love handles!

Ave also said this one liner in the same round which gives me that old Hoffa feel:

Life ain't make you 6 feet... But death can

That 6 feet line was fucking NASTY.

Who do we wanna see Ave go against next? Ave vs Suge?

Pass got him easy but the battle is hardly worth watching. Pass should not be taking Bishop Brigante after beating Arsonal. Hopefully he gets some better comp next time.

My thing with Gjonaj, is that he needs to quit talking down to his audience. Acting like he is way smarter than everyone and no one catches his stuff.

Yeah the little ad libs about how "advanced" he is hurt him. He's still wounded from the Diz performance, tbh. However he did put on an amazing show. It's pretty crazy how half his material was about how he comes off better on cam... Yet he was still lamenting his (actually very good) crowd reaction in the room. If you've been following Gjonaj on social media this makes sense given the "Diz beat me in the room but I killed it on cam" stance that he's taken since his last battle dropped.

Gjonaj is too defensive and sensitive about that loss. Makes sense considering it's arguably his first and biggest. Hopefully the overwhelmingly positive response to this battle will get his confidence back where it needs to be. Gjo Gjo ('s Bizzare Adventure) is still one of the most promising new talents in the game. He's got a lot more to acomplish and I look forward to seeing him do just that.

I got the battle Gjonaj 2-1. Despite the fact that Psy FLAMED and had impressive mid round rebuttals and all that. Im gonna say my verdict is subject to change but I think Gjonaj's writing was good enough to edge out the win this time.

Yeah the little ad libs about how "advanced" he is hurt him. He's still wounded from the Diz performance, tbh. However he did put on an amazing show. It's pretty crazy how half his material was about how he comes off better on cam... Yet he was still lamenting his (actually very good) crowd reaction in the room. If you've been following Gjonaj on social media this makes sense given the "Diz beat me in the room but I killed it on cam" stance that he's taken since his last battle dropped.

Gjonaj is too defensive and sensitive about that loss. Makes sense considering it's arguably his first and biggest. Hopefully the overwhelmingly positive response to this battle will get his confidence back where it needs to be. Gjo Gjo ('s Bizzare Adventure) is still one of the most promising new talents in the game. He's got a lot more to acomplish and I look forward to seeing him do just that.

I got the battle Gjonaj 2-1. Despite the fact that Psy FLAMED and had impressive mid round rebuttals and all that. Im gonna say my verdict is subject to change but I think Gjonaj's writing was good enough to edge out the win this time.
Yup, yup. Couldn't have put it any better.

mileS

I can't stand the way Psycoses raps. I'm almost a bit stunned when I read or listen to people gush over him and how big he can be.

I can't stand the way Psycoses raps. I'm almost a bit stunned when I read or listen to people gush over him and how big he can be.
He raps fast and does it fairly well, people are impressed by it. I get it, I used to feel that way. Also, he does have bars. My problem is, now that i'm over his style, a lot about him is kinda corny and he rushes his delivery so much at times that hurts his performance. I still think he is solid, he did a good job here. He just went against someone who was clearly (to me) better.

It's his cadence. He raps liike he's reading his bars off a teleprompter with no passion. Even when he's going off his cadence is just so dry and clearly rehearsed,

He's gotten better at it. It used to be so bad I couldnt enjoy his rapping and I liked him in this battle. But it's still something he has to get passed. He's spent so much time mastering the technical aspects of rapping that he forgot how you sound while you're doing it is just as (if not more) important.

mileS

Both of you summed it up well for me. Cadence and overall delivery is off putting for me. Like you said, the way he rushes everything takes the impact from the bars.

Good for him tho. Not everyone can make it as far as he did, as fast as he did. I'll respect him a lot more if he works on it over time.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's not just his cadence, dude's delivery just has no swag or flavour to it and combined with his voice he kind of epitomizes every white boy rapping stereotype. But he has skill, so like y'all said, once he gets into his groove it disappears, but it keeps rearing its head. Also, generally, I think trying to break down someone's character in a multi is a lost cause, it just way too fast to have any impact. I think Thesaurus is the best when it comes to that.

Anyways, Psychoses didn't do anything for me in the 1st. He turned up in the 2nd but Gjonaj just had more memorable stuff. Same thing with the 3rd, even if it seemed like Psychoses rapped for like double the time. Gjonaj 3-0, although if you give the 2nd or 3rd to Psychoses I wouldn't be mad.

Psychoses' material is really weird. Lots of great, unique lines (especially in his third), but also some groan worthy punches (jellyfish/clear body, readers digest).

It's not just his cadence, dude's delivery just has no swag or flavour to it and combined with his voice he kind of epitomizes every white boy rapping stereotype. But he has skill, so like y'all said, once he gets into his groove it disappears, but it keeps rearing its head. Also, generally, I think trying to break down someone's character in a multi is a lost cause, it just way too fast to have any impact. I think Thesaurus is the best when it comes to that.

Anyways, Psychoses didn't do anything for me in the 1st. He turned up in the 2nd but Gjonaj just had more memorable stuff. Same thing with the 3rd, even if it seemed like Psychoses rapped for like double the time. Gjonaj 3-0, although if you give the 2nd or 3rd to Psychoses I wouldn't be mad.

Psychoses' material is really weird. Lots of great, unique lines (especially in his third), but also some groan worthy punches (jellyfish/clear body, readers digest).

Co-sign this.

Yeah, no charisma. Say what you want about Gjonaj's voice, delivery, etc., but he has a style that shows character. Sometimes I just think Psychoses is corny, anybody with bars and personality has the potential to steamroll him.

Also, his whole angle about calling out Gjonaj's bars...some wack reductionist method...was totally ineffective. He was just repeating hot bars.

DNA VS. Ty Law
https://youtu.be/RYA2viWJ1VM

Top Bottom