• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3: E3 2011 Gameplay Trailers

first pics of battlelog?

bl-home.png

edit1-bl-profile.png

woober

Aegus said:
What's with the Soldiers (3)? Multiple characters/soldiers in the MP that you level up?

They said you'll be able to manage squads and platoons on battlelog. This looks freaking awesome.

Revenant

Battle Log looks great, looks fairly neat and tidy, besides I love stat tracking in games and I wish more games did it like Bungie does for Halo.

my 2500K and 6950 are ready DICE!

Arnie

Looks nice. The medals look very similar to BC2s though, hopefully they're subject to change. At the moment they look a bit too similar.

Arnie said:
Looks nice. The medals look very similar to BC2s though, hopefully they're subject to change. At the moment they look a bit too similar.
Just about everything here has the same aesthetic as BC2's. Not complaining but it's not really a compliment either.

^Not a Halo fan but I have to agree, but mostly because they've been doing this for a while now. They're the elders of this kind of thing. Easily surpass-able though. Wouldn't take much.

Arnie

Mr. B Natural said:
That time kit donut graph is unreadable. Gotta change those colors, Dice.
Looks good though. Little wide open but nice.
I thought this too, hope they change this. At the moment I have no clue what on Earth it was telling me.

Mr. B Natural said:
Just about everything here has the same aesthetic as BC2's. Not complaining but it's not really a compliment either.
Yea it's not a bad thing during gameplay, in game UI etc, although it looks a bit too similar as far as those medals go.

mblitek

Is anyone else a Singleplayer fan? I never knew there were people who skipped the SP campaigns. Seems like a waste for me.

I think I'll get this on PC first for my i7 980X and GTX480 (last August build). Hopefully I can run it full out.

It'll be hard not looking at previews :|

Kyaw

The weapons, medals and the badges in the first screen looks like the exact things from BC2.

Also it feels weird to see a 'preorder now on origin' banner in the first image.

Could be just mock ups but it looks mighty neat though.

Inferno313 said:
Green outlines for players in game and blue for players that are just online but not playing?

Lol. Really, EA?

Now, that you've pointed it out... lol ea

Kyaw

I don't think this is posted yet:

bl-comcenterqu0x.png

On the topic of Single Player, i like single player with authentic war settings. (MoH, COD2, MoH:AA, COD4)

I play through SP before starting on MP.

Mr. B Natural said:
^Not a Halo fan but I have to agree, but mostly because they've been doing this for a while now. They're the elders of this kind of thing. Easily surpass-able though. Wouldn't take much.

wrong, id did this with quakeworld back in 1997...

zulfate

Nostalgia~4ever said:
DICE twitter:

#BF3 stuff today on TV4 Sweden at 7:30 and 10pm. Check it out if you can.

Sweet, will report if there is any new footage.

LIES! no new footage, just the same trailers over and over.

zulfate

Stallion Free said:
But don't you want to watch them again? - Dice PR

hahaha,no!

*crawls up to DICE* please can i have some new footage...i'll suck anything you want, please i am having withdrawls, i'll let you fuck me, please for the love of god! *sniff sniff* anything you want....

zulfate said:
hahaha,no!

*crawls up to DICE* please can i have some new footage...i'll suck anything you want, please i am having withdrawls, i'll let you fuck me, please for the love of god! *sniff sniff* anything you want....

haha wat?

zulfate said:
hahaha,no!

this is what has become of us

zulfate

-Pyromaniac- said:
this is what has become of us

hahaha i know, DICE needs to seriously think "wtf are we doing , lets give our fans what they want" its not like there spoiling anything all we want is multiplayer footage for fucks sake....arg! gets me angry just thinking about it!!!!

Manager

Nostalgia~4ever said:
DICE twitter:

#BF3 stuff today on TV4 Sweden at 7:30 and 10pm. Check it out if you can.

Sweet, will report if there is any new footage.

This doesn't make any sense. 7:30 is a replay of a 2009 TV show, and 22:00 is regular news (for 15 minutes).

Manager

DICE twitter:
@excaliburps I actually don't know what it is. They were here filming though.

I guess the guy got it mixed up. If anyone of you have Twitter, could you ask him? He seems to reply right now.
http://twitter.com/#!/ViktorALundberg

Just say that 7:30PM is a 2009 re-run of "Halv åtta hos mig".

My guess is that he meant 7PM, which is 15 min regular news (like 10PM). That means it will be very short, probably just a glimpse of their studio and some short gameplay sequences/off screen footage. This is in 1½ hour.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That stat page is nice, but I really want THEATER MODE/ability to take screen shots of games, DICE! I mean it's fucking in BC2 360/PS3 but we can't GET SHOTS FROM THERE. >:|

Made thousands of photos with select/start screenshot function and NOTHING. Pisses me off.

Just saw it on national tv here, it was the old footage again :(

to summarize:

-a whole world has expectations on this game.
-showed a bit of frostbite rendering
-old footage

Top Bottom