• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 5 retail listing at World of Games (Swiss), "tactical shooter in WW1"

G_Berry

Banned
It would be kinda fun to dig trenches and fly around biplanes I guess...

biplanes would legitimately be awesome
Trench warfare would be awesome for rush. Imagine holding a point with your squad while the enemy team rushes your trench, bayonets raised, through the smoke and artillery! It would be sick!

I assume you are talking about shock troops but WWI was really about the power of industrialism and the mass production of weapons, primarily artillery. Grand scale battlefield tactics were far more important in WWI than infantry warfare. That said, it can't be denied that the evolution of modern warfare started during WWI where command shifted from large companies to small squads.

Yes but when you gameify a war, knowing those elements existed and were used can open up different avenues for gameplay.

I'm actually surprised DICE have'nt announced the game yet, they usually do it at the start of the year the game launches, see BF3 and 4 for example, bulding up the hype for the gameplay reveal at E3.

Still plenty of time to go ;)

We could see something next month and then MP reveal at E3. Or maybe they finally drop campaign again and we will see MP right from the beginning :)

Afro

An alternate-history game setting during that era would be fucking amazing. Doubt it'll happen though.

64v64 conquest in this world on Frostbite 3. I'd padlock the door to my room, permanently, and have slices of bologna slid underneath the crack for the remaining duration of my life.

TaBOLeL.jpg

LOL, seriously. It's time we had some modern takes on WWI & II. What is old becomes new again.
Battlefield 1943 was such a tease. Also my favorite Battlefield game. I'd like a 1944 on PS4 in solid 60fps with the engine improvements they made with Battlefront. Photogrammery, PBR, etc...

Pryce

Holy hell that's interesting.

I 100% expected another modern game (which I would be okay with) but this is cool.

Shit, didn't even BF 1942 have a "secret weapons of WWII" expansion or something?

BF games have never been about realism--they could go to all kinds of fun places, if they wanted to. They'd HAVE to, especially if they wanted to keep parity when it comes to weapon customization and gadgets.

This has been rumoured for a long time. Everyone has dismissed it but the rumour persists.

I can't help but think WW1 might be too limiting for a BF game. How can you have big fluid battles that are somewhat grounded in reality, for a war that was basically soldiers walking from one trench to another being mowed down by gun fire from the opposite trench?

Not too sure. The idea of WW1 game at BF pacing just doesn't seem right. It would be an almost entirely different game.

That would be fucking sweet! Hell, they could make Battlefield 1944 and I'll be full of joy!
Sadly, it will be a Battlefield leading to 2142.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
WWI would be so fucking boring. I'm not much of a WWII fan for FPS either but at least those have the potential to be fun and interesting.

G_Berry

Banned
LOL, seriously. It's time we had some modern takes on WWI & II. What is old becomes new again.
I was just replying to his post brah. He wants to play with gadgets and shit, I was just saying there's a shit load of games already that have that stuff.

Red Hood

Banned
"Tired of this futuristic bullshit"

"Tired of this ww2 bullshit"

"Tired of this modern warfare bullshit."

"Tired of this futuristic bullshit"

That's the very definition of being tired of something: getting used to something.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Hopefully it's just a typo and they meant WWII, but even the Great War would be preferable to another modern-day rehash. Far fewer opportunities for DICE to shovel bullshit gadgets and features into the game.

lame gag

Banned
If this is true, I'm interested. The amount of modern shooters in the past 10 years is exhausting. 10 years before that, the amount of WWII shooters was ridiculous. It's nice to have a break now and again. At least give us one olden times Battlefield this gen.

Nesther

Hopefully it's just a typo and they meant WWII, but even the Great War would be preferable to another modern-day rehash. Far fewer opportunities for DICE to shovel bullshit gadgets and features into the game.

They removed the WW1 part already.

It was just typical WoG bullshit.

Top Bottom