• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield: Hardline Gameplay Trailer leaked [Up: 6 month old build]

jaosobno

Just watched it, here's my opinion:

- I absolutely welcome the new setting. I'm sick of warring with Russians, Arabs or Chinese.

- single player looks fun, better than any other BF game released so far . I laughed my ass off when I heard "what are you, a cocaine rain man?" line. Also, there is much more variety in the way you can play a SP than any BF title before.

- general game mechanics wise, MP gameplay looks like your standard BF3/4 game (like a glorified mod), nothing revolutionary new

- Hotwire/Bank Heist modes look like shitload of fun

- graphically, it looks worse than BF4, featuring plenty of aliasing (temporal) and surprisingly lower quality character models than BF4

- destruction is better than ever

V_Ben

Banned
Or PR people are sleeping. It's probably going down soon.

Man, singleplayer sounds like Bad Company Cops

Except it's way too long to be a trailer and keep peoples attention.

From the brief glimpses of the writing, I damn well hope so. Man, i'm actually a little excited :D

That actually looks really fun. I just bought BF4 earlier this month and I can't see myself buying two Battlefield games in the same year, but that footage was awesome.

FeD.nL

It looks like a controlled leak but I find it weird to release such an early looking trailers. With E3 around the corner there must be some footage that is more recent, especially since the trailer still calls it Omaha and not Hardline.

Jaagen

This looks kind of bland, actually. Was a lot of smoke and destruction and stuff, but it didn't actually remind me of a heist. Especially when the helicopter with the gatling gun. I'm sure the police doesn't use that.

I guess I just wanted it to be more sublte tension. Like in "Inside Man". I wanted that. I guess this game will be fun though.

I still find hardline to be a weak name. Good luck to Visceral and DICE in trying to beat the best Police game that is urban chaos: riot response.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol it looks like a BF4 mod.

One year turn-around time, still using Frostbite 3... did you expect any different?

If anything the UI needs an overhaul, that Gun selection just looks "my first game" about it. And BF4's multiplayer presentation looks bad compared to Battlefield 3's "digitized" score showing up and out.

But we'll see how far along it is with E3. If EA is smart, they'll show off that Hostage Rescue and Heist mode instead of the singleplayer, since none of the Battlefield fanbase actually cares about the singleplayer.

It looks like a controlled leak but I find it weird to release such an early looking trailers. With E3 around the corner there must be some footage that is more recent, especially since the trailer still calls it Omaha and not Hardline.

The inclusion of the codename and rough looking visuals indicates to me that it's not a controlled leak. If you control leak something, you make damn sure it will result in positive buzz and not ruin years of hard work and planning.

This is probably just an EA employee feeling the water is safe to get this out there because the game is now official.

Namikaze1

Mendoza huh? That's a Hispanic name. And it seems we are going to play as that Asian chick as well at some point. Anyway, the video didn't raise my interest a bit. The new multiplayer modes looks okay from the quick glimpse but I think I'll wait for Dice's Battlefield or a price drop/sale on this game.

KORNdoggy

not what i wanted or expected tbh. just looks like the same game with civilian cars. need to see more, but so far i think this will be an easy pass for me.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Don't think I'll even bother with how battlefield 4 turned out on PC, and this isn't looking entirely interesting with its premise. Will wait for more gameplay.

Gattsu25

Banned
So the multiplayer modes basically break down to Payday: The Heist

I hope the Payday devs are still able to be successful now that they have a AAA game cribbing inspiration from them

IcyEyes

Looks pretty cool !
Remind me (I don't know why honestly ...) medal of honor.
Anyway, can't wait to know more and maybe try this game!

HariKari

Gotta love the reused sounds and models from Battlefield 4.

Looks like a glorified mod.

Or rather - a game in development, and a video not meant to shown to the public.

We're talking about an EA title here. It's a holiday release, isn't it? Not that far off.

Pakoe

Doesn't sound like battlefield at all, looks like something modders would create.
If DICE released the SDK

Azric

Banned
Looks good, but not much that really differentiates it from BF4..Just looks like new maps and outfits lol...

that actually looks GREAT. the maps are smaller, hopefully there is lots of destruction. will be keeping my eyes on this.

also it seems the vid has been removed by the user

jaosobno

Looks as if it's running on last-gen hardware

I wouldn't go that far, there are some impressive lighting effects that you can't possibly do on last gen, but textures and character models look downgraded from BF4.

Still, the game has quite some time before release, so I'm hoping for an upgrade (although I doubt there will be one thanks to this being a crossgen title).

Keasar

*sigh*

Fuck it.

I wanna play this. Even though BF4 did burn me out a bit on the series, at least this isn't modern warfare.

Skipped the trainwreck called BF4. Might give this a shot together with CoD later this year.
Will wait a couple weeks till after launch with BF though ;)

Rembrandt

Banned
If this was a controlled leak, they did it because their back is already to the wall. With a lot of the assets being leaked, they might as well have released a trailer for people to get an actual feel of the change before social media and gaming sites get really negative about it. They could possibly ride the hype to E3.

GTA really needs to step on their heists. It'll be fucking embarrassing if this game launches before they're in.

AHA-Lambda

It looks like it has potential but I still hate the idea of battlefield becoming an annualised IP being passed to another dev, and the cheek of EA to do so after the state bf4 was in.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So the multiplayer modes basically break down to Payday: The Heist

Only one and that depends on how "Heist" plays. Payday 2 still has
bullet sponge dumbass
AI to fight. Heist here is ALL HUMAN(?) players. Then you have win/loss conditions where Payday continues the "heists" as days/escapes, I doubt Hardline will.

Also Hostage Rescue is more "Counter-Strike" than Payday. Though who knows if it'll take off since CS's never did. :/

Daffy Duck

I am very much hyped for this!

Oh and.....

OKBbblP.jpg

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Inb4 EA just says "Screw it, upload it to the youtube channel" in a few hours or tomorrow. Same thing happened with COD:AW.

V_Ben

Banned
This is kind of why developers don't show their games before they're confident in the visuals. They get people saying that it looks terrible. I mean, this video could be... maybe dating back as far as late last year / early this year. So I'm interested to see where the visuals have moved to since this video was made.

Top Bottom