• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion Thread

It would be so nice if since now we're paying for PSN Sony would UP THEIR FUCKING GAME. It's ridiculous how shit PSN can be in comparison to XBL. I didn't think twice about paying for XBL through last gen but sometimes with the quality of the PSN service urgh.

Sony seem to only put stuff up on PSN on regular update-days unless it's something exclusive like E3 demos.

Omni

WOW. This is ugly as all hell on Xbone.

and what the fuck at all the clips it's making. I've been playing three minutes and it has made like 5 clips. Come on now

love remote activation downloads, now i'm not as pissed to be at work,
hardline2.jpg

Omni

ugly like battlefield 4 beta on 360 or ugly like the crew?

Ugly like there are games on the Xbox 360 that look much better. And if it weren't for the 60fps you'd be hard pressed to tell that this game is on a next generation console. When the sandstorm comes up on Dust Bowl it looks revolting.

I'm honestly shocked.

sgtmofo

Neo Member
Hearing its available in UK, Germany, and New Zealand PS Store. DL is only 2.77GB on UK store. Either its the old one, or you DL the rest when you launch the game.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
So the 360 version doesn't look that terrible. Same resolution as BF3/4.
I like that flashlights are not on until you aim down the sight, but you can still disable it completely

It's been up for awhile
I'm pretty sure that was an unlockable for most guns in BF4 also.

I'm in work and this should be downloading right now, the idea that this is closer to BF2 is getting me too hyped, also tracer darts are back... omgsomuchyes.gif.
Been looking for it on smartglass and cant' find anything relating to the beta...

EDIT - There, finally came up in the search. I'm convinced it wasn't there before...
It was there sense at least 6.30AM this morning (GMT), I set it to download while I was getting ready for work this morning :)

EDIT: In UK but XB1 set at US BTW (also Lumia 930 used for Smartglass set as US so I can have proper Cortana).

occelinho

Hearing its available in UK, Germany, and New Zealand PS Store. DL is only 2.77GB on UK store. Either its the old one, or you DL the rest when you launch the game.

I just started the download again from the german store and saw something weird.
At first the downloadlist was like "xx MB / 11.xxGB and a second later the 11.xxGB disappeared and the "2,77GB" were displayed.

That's weird.

Edit: beaten

Alchemist

Downloading in the UK.

Weird how the E3 application updates but you have to download the new one that's just gone up to actually play.

My download speed has suddenly come to a halt and it's telling me that 2.77 GB is going to take 40 minutes to download...

I fucking hate PSN sometimes. No other device in this house has download speeds this low, not even wireless ones.

I feel like I'm paying for an overall worse service than what I got for free on PS3.

Lakitu

st5fu
My download speed has suddenly come to a halt and it's telling me that 2.77 GB is going to take 40 minutes to download...

I fucking hate PSN sometimes. No other device in this house has download speeds this low, not even wireless ones.

I feel like I'm paying for an overall worse service than what I got for free on PS3.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. The speeds are atrocious, hence why I don't go digital only.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
So the 360 version doesn't look that terrible. Same resolution as BF3/4.
I like that flashlights are not on until you aim down the sight, but you can still disable it completely

It's been up for awhile

Tactical Light was available for pretty much every weapon in Battlefield 4.
It only turned on when aiming down the sights.

been playing the beta on the bone for the last few hours...some quick thoughts

# everyone either a sniper or using a shotty
# the vehicles and the radio stations sort of make the game like a parody or comedy
# You too will want to have sex with the choppers..they are very overpowered
# The game is definitely more refined than the mess of Bf4 on launch..pretty smooth but its not going to be taking the crysis crown for graphics anytime soon
# The spawns need some work...you either have to travel cross country or get placed right in front of an enemy gun
# The close quarter battles suck ass...which means most of the heist stuff is......everyone's playing dust bowl conquest

Enjoying it.....but it could very much just be an add-on to Bf4

Pixel Fuzz

Neo Member
Once the 2.77gb download completes, go to the Hardline icon press "Information" and then you will see that the downloading continues.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. The speeds are atrocious, hence why I don't go digital only.

The thing is, before the latest firmware update I was getting my full download speed, consistently. But ever since then it's been much more sporadic. I will get my full speed for a few minutes, then it will crawl to 300kbps, or even slower. It's so frustrating.

Omni

My initial impressions are:

- Game is ugly as hell. Can't be emphasised enough. It's a joke that this is 720p on Xbox One.
- Weapons feel all over the place. BF4 gun play is much better. At least with a controller
- TTK is far too short
- The amount of auto aim on weapons seems kinda ridiculous. Especially when in vehicles. Just shoot in their direction and you get a kill. Not that they seem particularly overpowered or anything. But it hardly feels like you even have to aim
- Snipers are a PAIN in the ass. From what I can tell there is no scope glint or anything. Hard as hell to tell if you're being shot at with one too.

At this point I can't in good faith say that I'll ever buy this game. Such a step backwards from BF4. Not only visually but in general. Even the HUD and menus are all over the place.

Is the ttk really lower or is it due to more infantry based smaller maps?

I heard the SMG guns drop people really quick up close but have a huge damage drop off past short range.

Top Bottom