• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion Thread

Facism

Is the ttk really lower or is it due to more infantry based smaller maps?

I heard the SMG guns drop people really quick up close but have a huge damage drop off past short range.

SMG is dropping everyone everywhere for me, so far. It's kind of ridiculous, feels like BF4 launch godlike Assault Rifles

Tubie

Wait so they didn't copy BF4's TTK (after patch)?

I had a bad feeling all of the improvements BF4 got from the CTE would not make it into Hardline.

And if there is rubberbanding then that's just weird as fuck, EA knows what causes that issue, they fixed that in March of last year when they upgraded the servers...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
For real. I maxed it out on PC with 4xMSAA and I was convinced there was a settings bug and it was stuck on low or something.

Isn't that cut the download size down like the previous "beta?"

CozMick

Banned
My initial impressions are:

- Game is ugly as hell. Can't be emphasised enough. It's a joke that this is 720p on Xbox One.
- Weapons feel all over the place. BF4 gun play is much better. At least with a controller
- TTK is far too short
- The amount of auto aim on weapons seems kinda ridiculous. Especially when in vehicles. Just shoot in their direction and you get a kill. Not that they seem particularly overpowered or anything. But it hardly feels like you even have to aim
- Snipers are a PAIN in the ass. From what I can tell there is no scope glint or anything. Hard as hell to tell if you're being shot at with one too.

At this point I can't in good faith say that I'll ever buy this game. Such a step backwards from BF4. Not only visually but in general. Even the HUD and menus are all over the place.

What in the fuck?

Is this for real....720p?

jaju123

Banned
Game looks like crap on PC, literally PS2 graphics on ultra, and no mantle options (2x R9 290s & 4770k 4.4ghz).

MMaRsu

Banned
My download speed has suddenly come to a halt and it's telling me that 2.77 GB is going to take 40 minutes to download...

I fucking hate PSN sometimes. No other device in this house has download speeds this low, not even wireless ones.

I feel like I'm paying for an overall worse service than what I got for free on PS3.

Put it in rest mode!! Speedd up download speeds immensely

My initial impressions are:

- Game is ugly as hell. Can't be emphasised enough. It's a joke that this is 720p on Xbox One.
- Weapons feel all over the place. BF4 gun play is much better. At least with a controller
- TTK is far too short
- The amount of auto aim on weapons seems kinda ridiculous. Especially when in vehicles. Just shoot in their direction and you get a kill. Not that they seem particularly overpowered or anything. But it hardly feels like you even have to aim
- Snipers are a PAIN in the ass. From what I can tell there is no scope glint or anything. Hard as hell to tell if you're being shot at with one too.

At this point I can't in good faith say that I'll ever buy this game. Such a step backwards from BF4. Not only visually but in general. Even the HUD and menus are all over the place.
Seems completely different on PC.

TTK is bit higher than BF4 which makes for better gunfights. Shotguns are completely OP at the moment though.

One of the big problems I have with BF4 is the explosive spam, now that RPGs are only pickups this is spammy nature of BF has been reduced a lot. Will see if this will remain the case once people start unlocking all sorts of stuff.

MMaRsu

Banned
Wait so they didn't copy BF4's TTK (after patch)?

I had a bad feeling all of the improvements BF4 got from the CTE would not make it into Hardline.

And if there is rubberbanding then that's just weird as fuck, EA knows what causes that issue, they fixed that in March of last year when they upgraded the servers...

Lol fixed. It still happens jn bf4.

Anytime someone says literally ps2 graphics I need them to go back and play a ps2 game

Sounds like some load issues which is why you do a network test beta. Dont be surprised if its unstable today guys. This is why there is a "beta"

Defco 7T

Neo Member
The game looks fine on X1. Far from ugly, with its smooth frame rate so far. Best analog controls this gen. Strafe running has finally made it to battlefield! No more 90' turns!! Guns recoil is high but satisfying. Feels like a very solid game worthy of being a full priced game and not just a mod. Was a complete pass before, but within minutes of the beta I've confirmed my purchase. Been playing battlefield for a long time and this one feels special. Not a genre defining special, but a pretty solid addition to the battlefield legacy.

The last FPS I played was Dying Light, and I keep getting frustrated every time I can't lunge over an obstacle if it's higher than my waist.

Why can't we do that anyways?

Edit: Whatever this default gun the Operator starts out with has ridiculous bullet spread. Holy crap.

This was the ps2 battlefield game. A late in life and relatively technically competent game as well.

battlefield2moderncombat_xbx_02.jpg

It looks like that?
Can't make much of a comparison to a thumbnail.

pretty much! :D
srvpQHN.jpg
You're playing Ultra at 1024x575?

Hiest mode is defo pick of the bunch, actually very fun but is it worth paying full price for? Hell no.

Conquest feels very meh, stick to bf4 if u like this mode

Hotwire is boring as hell most of the time, everyone just drive around in car

Did you take that from a stream or a youtube video? Doesn't look like a direct image.

it's a "joke" of an image from an earlier page in this thread of the Xbone version.

no one in Gaf seems to be able to produce any better screenshots so that's what we got! :D

(i'm at work for another 2 hours)

What in the fuck?

Is this for real....720p?

I think BF is a game where you won't see higher resolutions than 720/900 because of how CPU intensive it is. The CPUs are relatively weak in each console and they are no doubt being taxed to the limit in BF4, figure it might be the same here.

I was really hoping they could improve on the 720p from BF4 on X1, because its really distracting.

Omni

pretty much! :D
srvpQHN.jpg

That's not even the worst of it. Haha. When the storm blows over, imagine that same image with an orange like Vaseline filter and BF3's suppression smeared over the top

It really does look like an early 360 game. And destruction seems to be soooo minimal on that map. It truly is amazing.

MIMF

I think BF is a game where you won't see higher resolutions than 720/900 because of how CPU intensive it is. The CPUs are relatively weak in each console and they are no doubt being taxed to the limit in BF4, figure it might be the same here.

I was really hoping they could improve on the 720p from BF4 on X1, because its really distracting.

I don´t get it.

For the same gameplay/physics/AI/etc, where does the CPU load increase come from by rendering in a higher res the exact same scene?

EDIT: Of course talking about PS4/XBOne, not PS3 where the Frostbyte 3 engine uses the SPUs to calculate the lighting in a tile basis.

EatMyFace

Banned
It would be so nice if since now we're paying for PSN Sony would UP THEIR FUCKING GAME. It's ridiculous how shit PSN can be in comparison to XBL. I didn't think twice about paying for XBL through last gen but sometimes with the quality of the PSN service urgh.
Sony isn't update the store this early. They never have. This has nothing to do with the quality of PSN.

I'm downloading the beta from the UK store right now, is it really only 2.7gigs??

H4r4kiri

I hate the webbrowser Matchmaking for PC and somhow and can't go in Full Pic mode. The game does not look that good to be honest.

Tenebrous

Not impressed at all by the visual quality. Then again, I wasn't really blown away by Battlefield 4, either... The PC version of BF3 isn't too far away from what I'm seeing here, and that's playing on Ultra with 4x MSAA @ 1440p.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-the-battlefield-hardline-pc-beta

but underneath, the rendering technology is visibly close to that of Battlefield 4's. Reflections rely on a similar mix of real-time and baked-in methods, depending on your perspective of a scene - and the game's HBAO shading still looks odd up close, cutting off the effect at the ends of objects and hands in a way that looks closer to the screen-space approach.

DICE aimed for a 60fps update on Battlefield 4, but failed to consistently hit the target on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4, despite sub-native resolution framebuffers operating at 720p and 900p respectively. Last year's E3 beta on PlayStation 4 disappointed by showing no real improvements in image quality whatsoever, matched by a lacklustre, inconsistent frame-rate. In short, it looked and felt like a launch game with all the compromises that come with it - as opposed to a faster, smoother, more optimised release. Last year's 900p beta didn't really cut the mustard, and despite Visceral Games' proud history of cross-platform parity, there's the lingering worry that Xbox One owners will once again get lumbered with a sub-par 720p presentation.

So I downloaded the Beta and launched the game only to find I have to wait for it to install. And good lord it is taking so long to install.

A minute for every 1% more or less

sgtmofo

Neo Member
Once the 2.77gb download completes, go to the Hardline icon press "Information" and then you will see that the downloading continues.

Even though it only shows up in Information and not the download list, will it continue to download in Rest mode?

vwnut13

So I downloaded the Beta and launched the game only to find I have to wait for it to install. And good lord it is taking so long to install.

A minute for every 1% more or less

Damn, I wish I could download it that fast.

I'm probably looking at 6-8 hours (once it shows up in the PS Store) and that's for the PS3 version.

Top Bottom