• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion Thread

When does sony update the PSN store for u.s accounts?
? O'clock GCT

AchingFantasticAndeancondor.gif

FHIZ

Where are people downloading this for the PS4? Not seeing anything in the store. Is it on the BF4 menu page?

netcode is abysmal. when someone ziplines, the game allocates a single frame for every 10 meters of movement. its basically impossible to hit anyone ziplining.

Standard Battlefield then. Tickrate is very slow compared to accurate shooters like Counter-Strike.

Engine can't handle that 64 player destruction and mayhem any faster is the Frostbite official explanation.

Facism

Hotwire is a legitimately fun mode. Moving CQ flags that people actually defend from the passenger seats.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
By "asleep", you mean, "it isn't a available yet", right?

Ah, right. SCEA continues to suck and not update in the middle of the night. My bad. Still unavailable for US.

On PC the servers are dead due to early morning.

Hotwire is a legitimately fun mode. Moving CQ flags that people actually defend from the passenger seats.

I dunno. It's basically "hump the outer edges of the map for an 'easy ride,' Conquest." than anything. :/

Lakitu

st5fu
Conquest on Dust Bowl is very disappointing / poor. The map doesn't do anything new or interesting. No variety in terrain, flags clustered all together, hardly any destruction, visually very boring, no interesting interiors and doesn't hold a candle to the larger maps in BF 4. I'll check out the others in a bit. Not a good start.

Plus the game looks legitimately worse than BF 4 and Conquest rounds/tickets are far too short. What gives?

i was kind of wrong about the vehicle physics. they are much better than bf4 handling wise, but when you see someone actually driving around its extremely skippy and choppy. if anybody knows what the bf4 key for screenshots is ill post some. fraps doesnt work in this title.

derFeef

Standard Battlefield then. Tickrate is very slow compared to accurate shooters like Counter-Strike.

Engine can't handle that 64 player destruction and mayhem any faster is the Frostbite official explanation.

i was kind of wrong about the vehicle physics. they are much better than bf4 handling wise, but when you see someone actually driving around its extremely skippy and choppy.

I hope they can improve that... hate stuff like this.

The more i read about people's impression on this game, the more i don't want to buy this.

Hype trailers can only do so much to control fire. :( Sorry viceral.
idk how they spell their name lulz

cackhyena

Yeah, vehicles handle better to me, and I like having acceleration be on the trigger, but don't look at it in 3rd person. Holy shit it looks janky.

]battlefront has always been a console franchise first.[/B] PC gamers that played Battlefield never cared about Battlefront. I know I didn't.

That shows how much attention I payed to them then, lol. I thought it was a PC-focused franchise.

but didn't BF4 always run better on PC even when current gen consoles had that ugly launch?

BF4 was damn near perfect for me from the first week of it's launch (PS4). Rush was almost always 60fps, and I never experienced any lag or stutter of any kind. The only issues I had with the game were my SP save file getting corrupted, and being booted back to the UI a few times.

Hard to believe, I know.

BF4 was damn near perfect for me from the first week of it's launch (PS4). Rush was almost always 60fps, and I never experienced any lag or stutter of any kind. The only issues I had with the game were my SP save file getting corrupted, and being booted back to the UI a few times.

Hard to believe, I know.

64 player Conquest is never locked at 60 fps and struggles at times. Stays mostly above 30, but takes plenty of dips

That shows how much attention I payed to them then, lol. I thought it was a PC-focused franchise.

Hard to believe, I know.
wow lucky guy, I was the rubberband man on BF4 on PS4 at launch. It stuttererd so much, hit detection didn't register and I would get dropped from the games with weird errors.

Motorbikes make me laugh, they bounce along rocks like they are made of rubber and have no suspension and the animations.. like zero motion from the rider.

Kind of upsettings that you still teleport in and out of vehicles too, I feel that the battlefield engine is too bloated to do much with it without rewriting a lot of it.

Tubie

So I decided to try it on PC, since PSN is shit and won't update till tonight. I've played BF4 on PC before thanks to the CTE and the graphics are definitely downgraded in this game. It looks even worse when you get into a helicopter and get a larger scale view of everything. I kinda want to play more but I just hate using a keyboard after 500 hours of BF4 with the DS4.

I don't know what it is but you just instant die sometimes in firefights, feels a lot like CoD. Not sure if it's just shit netcode or super low TTK, but you definitely die way faster here than in BF4. That first shotgun you get is really good. Pretty much 1 hit kill if you get within 10-15 yards of someone. Maybe that's just me being used to how shotguns work in BF4.

My biggest disappointment is Hotwire. The idea sounds great and the videos and previews of it look fun as hell, but it just gets boring really fast when you actually play it.

Hopefully I get to play for a few hours tonight on PS4 and get a better sense of it all. I still need to play Heist so I'm saving that for tonight.

Marvel

could never
Motorbikes make me laugh, they bounce along rocks like they are made of rubber and have no suspension and the animations.. like zero motion from the rider.

Kind of upsettings that you still teleport in and out of vehicles too, I feel that the battlefield engine is too bloated to do much with it without rewriting a lot of it.

Yeah I hate that shit.

Downloading now, really hoping I like it because it would be nice to have a new MP shooter for the spring/summer.

If it's anything like the alpha though, I'll be skipping it.

The Cowboy

Nah not worth the money for me after playing the beta, i like hotwire (a lot) but its just to expansion packish feeling for me and doesn't feel like something worth full price + its own expansion packs costs.

I may get it on a big sale, but for now I'll stick with BF4.

sorry new to this thread, i read i can preload for pc, how do i go about doing that?

edit: nvm im stupid. didnt check origin store before posting.

Khronico

Just dabbled in conquest for a bit. It feels like it has a lower average framerate for me than BF4 and it doesn't really look any better. Can't really say much gameplay wise yet but it does feel different.

There's no separate sensitivity setting for ADS? Wtf, BF4 had this...

And this game is as ugly as sin on PS4. If it wasn't for the framerate, I'd think I was playing a last-gen game.

Lakitu

st5fu
Ok, I'm actually having some fun with Heist on Bank Job. While Dust Bowl on Conquest feels completely boring and stale (one of the weakest conquest maps I've played in a long time), this one feels pretty damn good. The map is catered to the mode and it works very well. The level design is really focused and while Heist is no Rush, I'm really enjoying myself. I've just played around 5 rounds in a row, the shorter round time suits it.

Well, been playing for the past few hours. It's definitely really fast-paced, and Heist is actually pretty cool. Don't like Conquest, the latter probably because the map kinda sucks.

Hotwire... uh, I just didn't get into it. Seems pointless and the driving is not that much fun.

Mind you, I've been on a BFBC2 binge, so this might be messing up my impressions of the beta.

flkraven

Aren't Battlefield games notorious for looking like shit during the beta, and much better on release? I remember 3 looks like ass, and 4 had those gross all-white textures after the skyscraper fell.

Top Bottom