• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion Thread

IcyEyes

Finally, can't wait to try this beta. I'm really curious to see how this game has improved since the last beta.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Didn't know we have a discussion thread already.

Reposting from the other thread.

Looks like the embargo is up for the BF youtubers who got to play the game at EA.

Tons of new videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25YIkgn9eZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Bl2xkZcKJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBdsfwgjlYE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85114404&v=4joThKeQ1r8&x-yt-ts=1422579428

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkbtEjU5jKQ&x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404

New screens:

battlefield_hardline_Desert_Hotwire.jpg

battlefield_hardline_Downtown_Hotwire.jpg

battlefield_hardline_SP__NickStoddardHall.jpg

battlefield_hardline_Downtown_Hotwire2.jpg

battlefield_hardline_SP_NickandKhaiCloset.jpg

battlefield_hardline_Bank_Heist.jpg

http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/02/battlefield-hardline-the-fastest-battlefield-yet/

Edit: Watch the first video I posted with Jackfrags, dude is insane.

derFeef

Jackfrags is insane but he was on the youtuber deal list last year, so I am not trustig him with any opinion. Game looks very fast indeed though.

This beta will determine wether I buy BFH or not. I have been having allot of fun on the Planetside 2 closed beta so if BFH doesn't do it for me I will be fine with PS2.

inki

Eh. I don't particularly want to see this every time I spot someone. Maybe that's just me

That hand looks all kinds of unnatural. Flip the bird, are all your other fingers tight to your palm like that? Ech

From the initial info at the top

Map Size Matters

Overall map size is somewhat more towards the medium and short range than your typical Battlefield title.
This is why I prefer Battlefield 3 + 4. I WANT the big maps. I want RUSH and traditional Conquest. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be awesome. I want to like this game because I play the hell out of BF games when they're good. If this is just a payday+CS then I probably won't enjoy it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Jackfrags is insane but he was on the youtuber deal list last year, so I am not trustig him with any opinion. Game looks very fast indeed though.

Yeah well he doesn't talk in this videos and from what I can see it looks like he's having a ton of fun.

Also, I haven't played BF4 in a while but it seems like the hit detection and rubberbanding is much better now.

Really good footage. Jackfrags wrecking.

Dude is a killing machine.

Calmine

This beta will determine whether go fuck it and stick with the PS4 version or go meh and get the PC version at a later date.

derFeef

Yeah well he doesn't talk in this videos and from what I can see it looks like he's having a ton of fun.

Also, I haven't played BF4 in a while but it seems like the hit detection and rubberbanding is much better now.

Yeah, def. interested in the new game modes now!

Omni

It's a rare animation.

Oh okay. I can handle that. If it was like the default thing it would probably bother me a little. Haha

Watching some of these videos and I'm shocked to say that Hardline is looking pretty good. The game has moved from a "hell no" to a big "MAYBE". The beta is where my judgement will be made I think.

Did I miss where conquest was defined?

I think heist sounds interesting, anything that is not pure deathmatch or vehicles only (worst game modes in shooters, vehicles ruin shooters) will be fun.

VinFTW

By open, I assume you can play this on more than one platform or is there some wonky origin account thing going on and I can't try it on both X1 and PS4?

TomShoe

Banned
The Beta might sway me into picking this up. The only games in my backlog right now are GTA V and Dragon Age. That's way too small for my tastes.

i assume so, as it updates the game to look like the new one:

Game library even says "8 addons available" for it even though they aren't anywhere to be seen when opened.

Can't start it yet though.

The new beta is supposed to be around 11GB and the one you can download is 6GB, just like the previous one, so i severely doubt it.

MMaRsu

Banned
Ill check it out again. The last beta was pretty bad.

But Ive been playing a ton of BF4 so im excited for this anyway. Not gonna buy it though, maybe when its 20 with premium.

Guile

Banned
Actually kinda looking forward to this. Hopefully it has progressed a lot since the last alpha/beta.

Wallaby32

Neo Member
i assume so, as it updates the game to look like the new one:

Game library even says "8 addons available" for it even though they aren't anywhere to be seen when opened.

Can't start it yet though.

hmm, i'm wondering if this will be up tonight around midnight PST or, do we have to wait until the PS store updates tomorrow evening at like 5pm EST ugh.

BraXzy

I'm tempted to try the beta but am I the only one who looks at the footage and thinks.. it looks and sounds like the past couple games?

I'm sure all the new maps and game modes will be interesting but still.

Wallaby32

Neo Member
I'm tempted to try the beta but am I the only one who looks at the footage and thinks.. it looks and sounds like the past couple games?

I'm sure all the new maps and game modes will be interesting but still.

Works for Call of duty right? lol

gthobbes

Banned
Gonna PASS on the beta since I know I'm going to PASS on the game. Already seen enough to know there's other games far more deserving of my $60.

Already posted?
All Beta unlocks (they will be the same in final game):
http://youtu.be/P3CMsJvM92U

Well this is actually pretty interesting.

I like the way the weapon classes and pistols are divided by player classes.

Assualt/Operator gets ARs and Carbines and standard semi auto handguns
Engineer/Mechanic gets SMGs as standard and revolvers as sidearms.
Support/Enforcer gets Shotguns and Battle Rifles and higher caliber handguns.
Recon/Professional gets Bolt Action rifles and DMRs and automatic sidearms.

The only thing I don't like about this is that LMGs are only available as a bonus weapon you can stash in vehicles. Playing support in BF3 and BF4 with an LMG has been my favourite way to play for some time. I'm disappointed you can't even attach bipods to weapons now.

I do like the gadgets on offer. I like that only Enforcers get breaching charges (C4) and only Professionals get laser trip mines. Trimming down the available weapons and gadgets for each class could be a good thing in that it forces players to actually play the selected class the way it's intended. So no more Recons charging in with Carbines or Shotguns to arm an MCOM.

It seems strange to me however that Mechanics only get a grenade launcher and can't equip a rocket launcher. On the one hand this makes more sense to me in a cops and robbers game: RPGs and the like should be a rarity. On the other hand, in a game with less armoured vehicles but a focus on light vehicles it prevents Mechanics from dominating the game (Engineers are probably the most prevelant class in BF4).

CryptiK

thats a bad thing to you? The youtubers are gamers and JF is a very informative player that has eat slept and breathed BF for years. It doesn't bother me that devs are looking to him for feedback while fine tuning there game.
Youtubers are the ones that showed everyone to sit in the corner with a smoke at your feet and an LMG with an IRNV equipped for extra cheapness. I have 0 faith in giving Youtubers opinions.

El_Chino

Expected. Not 1080 but 900p will be a nice jump regardless. Image quality of BF4 on Xbone is severely lacking.

Probably the ONLY reason I'm even considering buying Hardline tbh.

900p on PS4
Still waiting for confirm but seems lower on Xbox One
https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/...ad-the-first-post.44654/page-224#post-1822405
Hm, I thought they were going for 1080p on the PS4. I surely thought hardline would hit at least 900p this time around. I always thought the the reason BF4 on the X1 didn't look so hot as because the launch SDKs were shit.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Youtubers are the ones that showed everyone to sit in the corner with a smoke at your feet and an LMG with an IRNV equipped for extra cheapness. I have 0 faith in giving Youtubers opinions.

we are talking about credible youtubers like jackfrags rivalxfactor, lvlcap. Guys who play the game and know how it should play and run

have you watched a JackFrags youtube vid? he is not some teenaged kid that gets excited about exploits and wants to show the community how to do it. He actually wants BF gamers to get a good balanced experience from the game.

Yudoken

I like the cops and robbers idea, it's really something new and I like it.
I've bought 3 but never really played it long and honestly I don't like "serious" themed military games that much.
But after watching some Let's Plays and opinions I really dig the game and would like to check it out soon in the beta (hopefully I get my lan working tomorrow).
And I really had to laugh about this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3Vrj8TYrts#t=11

Whoop! Whoop! That's the sound of da police!

Top Bottom