• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Hardline Open Beta Discussion Thread

No problem here:

bfete3s.jpg

EloKa

Will be interesting if the provided server slots will be sufficent for the PC Beta.
Guess it's going to be somewhat crowded

I'm cool with this. I don't think I've had any disagreements with most of the people who do BF vids. From all I've seen, all of them have a nice grasp on what Battlefield should be like and know how it should work at its core.

Definitely cannot say the same thing for CoD and its annoying ass quickscope community where there are numerous content makers that started playing CoD with MW3 or some shit.

redownloaded the BFH E3 Beta on the PS4 and had to install a update before booting up the game and can confirm the old box art picture has changed whatever that means.

cackhyena

This looks like a nice extension of bf4. Can't wait to try it out.

Being able to just interact with a medic and have him auto drop a pack is a nice touch.

Omni

Hm, I thought they were going for 1080p on the PS4. I surely thought hardline would hit at least 900p this time around. I always thought the the reason BF4 on the X1 didn't look so hot as because the launch SDKs were shit.

Yeah that's what I thought too.

I guess we'll find out for certain with this 'beta'

catspit

Has there been any graphical improvements for the PS4 versions since the last beta? The last beta was pretty rough looking.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
you think that will be across all platforms?

Probably. Though more than likely: Probably not. US PSN is a shitshow in getting updates on time. I don't miss that "will they or won't they" Grace Chen Time-updating.

More than like the X360/720 versions will be up at midnight or 4AM if following X-box Live update times.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It's a real bummer that the weapon models haven't improved since the last beta. Textures still look unfinished and weirdly flat. UI also still looks like a cheap placeholder font.

I'll give it a go tomorrow. Hopefully the character movement and weapon feel is improved. Those were my biggest complaints with the last beta.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Yup, and indoor looks bad too :/

And vehicles.

I just assumed all that was because of the fact it was a beta but seeing the visuals and UI still looking weak is a bummer. BF4 looked better in that regard. Not going to change much now.

Kei-

Someguy is streaming the ps4 version, how do you get it?

Earlier this morning, there was someone streaming and when asked how he was playing early, he said it was a closed beta and his friend gave him a code. My guess is that they wanted to avoid issues with too many people trying to download and log on at once, so they sent out codes to certain players, to try to ease some of the server stress tomorrow.

I really dislike guns being battle pickup items. Launchers, medkits, and ammo are cool since there are teammates that are total assholes or your team lets helicopters rip through them and you need something to fight back with, but LMGs being battle pickup items is total bullshit to me as no situation calls for it since you already have a gun to deal with enemies and there is no limitation on that.

LMGs as pickups annoys me as well.

But apparently they did that because all weapons fire will now damage vehicles and LMGs proved too effective at destroying cars.

The same logic applies to mechanics not having rocket launchers available as a gadget as it would be too easy for them to dominate in gamemodes like Hotwire.

I really dislike guns being battle pickup items. Launchers, medkits, and ammo are cool since there are teammates that are total assholes or your team lets helicopters rip through them and you need something to fight back with, but LMGs being battle pickup items is total bullshit to me as no situation calls for it since you already have a gun to deal with enemies and there is no limitation on that.

AFAIK, "battle pickups" are actually unlocks. Like, you have to purchase (in-game leveling currency, not microtransactions) the ability to put the RPG in the trunk of that specific car.

So if the car you selected is not available on the map, you won't be able to use that battle pickup. I think LMGs can be selected instead of RPGs. They're just meant to be "special weapons".

AFAIK, "battle pickups" are actually unlocks. Like, you have to purchase (in-game leveling currency, not microtransactions) the ability to put the RPG in the trunk of that specific car.

So if the car you selected is not available on the map, you won't be able to use that battle pickup. I think LMGs can be selected instead of RPGs. They're just meant to be "special weapons".

I still find it dumb. Like, if they were going to do a gun that had to be pickup, they should have went with a minigun.

It will be fine with me if they just remove LMGs.

Interesting that you have to purchase them, though.

Lakitu

st5fu
Indeed, some great stuff in that video. I'm looking forward to the beta now. Seems like a decent spin-off idea of the series, even though I'm not into the whole cops and robbers theme.

Still no download cap feature in Origin. Too lazy to install a third party app. Might have to skip this, sadly. The multiplayer modes look pretty good.

Top Bottom