• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield Premium Fact Sheet Leaked

NZNova

Queue priority on servers? So either a small number of people buy it and are able to skip the queue to get onto servers where they can't play the extra maps they got because nobody else has them, or everybody buys it and queue priority becomes meaningless because everyone has it? Sounds like a great idea.

Glass Rebel

Queue priority on servers? So either a small number of people buy it and are able to skip the queue to get onto servers where they can't play the extra maps they got because nobody else has them, or everybody buys it and queue priority becomes meaningless because everyone has it? Sounds like a great idea.

The extra maps aren't exclusive to BF Premium.

Izayoi

Banned
You're saving money, so if you planned on buying all of them anyway it's not terrible. You are paying up front, I guess, but still.

The server queue and stat reset things are pretty weird though.

I have tons of $60 games I bought off of Steam that I've barely touched. If EA is offering me a buttload of content on a game I already put 700 hours into, I don't see what the big deal is. I'm looking at it as more content for the best FPS of the last few years, so i'm down.

Plus, Super Moneysaving Deal Value.

So they're delaying DLC access, letting premiums level up faster and having those who don't pay up wait longer to connect. And that's the stuff they're being up front about.

I don't see what the problem is.

jet1911

Pre or post patch?

Honestly I'm not playing seriously enough to notice a huge difference between pre/post patch. I played this week and I had a lot of fun. So I guess I don't really mind any changes the patch brought. :p

And maybe it's because I don't play regularly on the same server but I don't think I ever had to wait in queue for a spot. Oh and I play on PC too if it makes a difference.

Biff

Guys... Have we not learned anything?

That is CLEARLY fake. Someone (poorly) created a word document, took a screenshot, and we believe it's real?

The English is laughably bad. You can stop reading after the first line, "Containing a staggering amount of new and themed content, Battlefield 3 Premium is an innovative new offering that provides players the opportunity...."

When have you ever read such poor PR grammar? The "logo" looks like complete dogshit. The formatting is retarded. The bullet point 'perks'... So stupid.

2 weeks early access to all future Battlefield 3 expansion packs, starting with Battlefield 3: Close Quarters
Unique in-game knife
Unique in-game dog tags
10+ unique soldier camos
Unique weapon camos
Stats reset feature
10+ unique Platoon emblem decals
Increased Platoon emblem layers
Server queue priority
Save up to five of your favorite Battle Reports
5+ unique Assignments
Exclusive events
Exclusive Double XP weekends
Exclusive videos
Strategy guides
Additional bonus content

Stats reset feature? Server queue priority? Saving Battle Reports?

I don't why anyone would have such a sad life to spend time faking this document about a week before we hear the details (I love BF3, but seriously, who cares that much about this game?)...

It's fake.

Vormund

That is CLEARLY fake. Someone (poorly) created a word document, took a screenshot, and we believe it's real?

The English is laughably bad. You can stop reading after the first line, "Containing a staggering amount of new and themed content, Battlefield 3 Premium is an innovative new offering that provides players the opportunity...."

When have you ever read such poor PR grammar? The "logo" looks like complete dogshit. The formatting is retarded. The bullet point 'perks'... So stupid.

I don't why anyone would have such a sad life to spend time faking this document about a week before we hear the details (I love BF3, but seriously, who cares that much about this game?)...

It's fake.

True. Although on the other hand BF3 is full of errors: "Comback", "somene" etc

madmackem

It's fake.

hmmm ea responded to joystiq so looks like its real.

Update: EA tells Joystiq, "Looks like the excitement for Battlefield Premium cannot be contained. For details, please visit Battlefield.com on June 4." We'd suggest you check out Joystiq.com on June 4 as well. Just a guess.

Daigoro

LOL CQ looks dope. Problem?

I have a ton of games I bought on Steam for $60 that I haven't touched yet. Why bitch about getting a buttload of content for a game I already put about 700 hours into and still love to death. Best FPS of the last couple of years.

lol indeed.

what do your poor spending habits have to do with anything anyways?

Reset stats, wouldn't that break matchmaking allowing expeirenced players to pub stomp noobs?

edit. Overall the whole package seems unimaginable, but if you were going to buy all the DLC I guess it's good value from some point of view. I think it's a little greedy and undercooked.
one more reason to not get the premium pack... having to get it twice...
With the EA logins it's really crazy that they didn't think of this.

Javaman

They also went against the original design of Battlefield games in order to lure in the twitchers and bunny hoppers of the CoD ilk. This franchise has fallen so far for me. Really frustrating to witness and experience.
Yeah, I was saying the same in the other thread. Now it's only $110 instead of $120 for the whole experience. What a deal. I wish bf1942 would make a comeback.

I have no issues with this but it is funny to see EA do it after all the trash talk they had directed at CoD Elite, which looks like a superior service.

ProXimity

Banned
Queue priority is bullshit. The rest of it... they can do whatever they want. If I don't realllly want new maps, I don't spend money on them. People are so impulsive.

Demon Ice

Banned
Fucking seriously? Artificially delaying the release of expansion packs, letting people who pay get access to double XP and fucking server queue priority? Dirty. Good thing I barely play BF3 anymore, DICE has fallen so far in my eyes.

eznark

Banned
Seems like a fair deal, but it also doesn't seem like a good way to draw people back in. Feels more like an attempt to get as much out of the people still playing the game as they can. By selling the DLC at a discount in one lump sum they probably make more than people buying piecemeal and a percentage of those buyers falling off with each new release.

It makes some business sense, but I think finding a way to bring people back and get them invested in the game would have made more long term financial sense.

Seems like a fair deal, but it also doesn't seem like a good way to draw people back in. Feels more like an attempt to get as much out of the people still playing the game as they can. By selling the DLC at a discount in one lump sum they probably make more than people buying piecemeal and a percentage of those buyers falling off with each new release.

It makes some business sense, but I think finding a way to bring people back and get them invested in the game would have made more long term financial sense.

Agree. Something like this is pushing me away from coming back. Not bringing me back. All my friends have moved on.

Top Bottom