• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BATTLEFIELD World Premiere Event May 6 4PM ET/9PM BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdb00mer

Annnndd today's expected reveal arrives only to be an anouncement of announcement :(

68.gif
HAHAHA! That's great!

Remastered Bad Company 2 packed with BF 5 for $109?
I honestly would prefer this over the CoD4 Remaster.

Grief51

Banned
I reaaaally hope the WW 2 rumours are true. I'm so sick of modern and future combat fps shooters.
Give me a bolt-action rifle in my hand and LET'S DO THIS.

Can't wait to see World War 2 done with modern tech and graphics. It will be glorious.

I reaaaally hope the WW 2 rumours are true. I'm so sick of modern and future combat fps shooters.
Give me a bolt-action rifle in my hand and LET'S DO THIS.

Can't wait to see World War 2 done with modern tech and graphics. It will be glorious.

The Rumors are about WW1. Dont get where people get this WW2 rumors.

jelly

How do they do the XP, unlock, attachment grind fest without being somewhat the modern era?

Do you still get shot around corners or did they fix that?

Grief51

Banned
The Rumors are about WW1. Dont get where people get this WW2 rumors.

World War 1 would be cool too and make me happy.

I don't know if this site can be trusted http://peekand.co/pc-gaming/next-battlefield-called-eastern-front/ but they claim the next Battlefield will be called "Eastern Front" and be set during WW2.

In any case, I want Battlefield so bad to go historical this time, especially because Call of Duty is going crazy space futuristic with Infinite Warfare.

Maybe this has be touched on ad nauseam, but I am so tired of this sort of thing. Will anyone be excited if this turns out to be another modern military shooter? Serious curiosity.

World War 1 would be cool too and make me happy.

I don't know if this site can be trusted http://peekand.co/pc-gaming/next-battlefield-called-eastern-front/ but they claim the next Battlefield will be called "Eastern Front" and be set during WW2.

In any case, I want Battlefield so bad to go historical this time, especially because Call of Duty is going crazy space futuristic with Infinite Warfare.

This Eastern Front stuff was Fake to the max...

Shinobi posted a link to a 1942 track on his twitter. I think that was the beginning of the WWII rumor.

He just teased the Battlefield Reveal. Not the Setting.

Announcement of an announcement, this industry is pathetic sometimes.

This isn't an announcement of an announcement. Square's 'please be excited' is an announcement of an announcement. This is just an announcement. Why get confused? There isn't any splash at all. Just twitter, email, homepage thing to let people know.

Bad time to announce it, everyone is gonna be on the Overwatch beta. Plus, a Friday?

I'm not remotely interested in Overwatch but I'm very interested in whatever BF5 is and I'll bet that the thousands still playing a 2.5 year old game in BF4 will be too.

While I'm sure it won't be until some time after E3, a beta is highly likely as BF3,4 and indeed the Bad Company's all had beta's.

Hyped!

With Battlefield campaigns sucking ass already I would give just about anything to have a Battlefield campaign with that level of production values that focuses on WW1. Even if the gameplay was boring as hell I want to be on the western front experiencing heavy shelling with the DICE audio team putting it all together. I would buy the game just for that. Just for the attempt at recreating some of those experiences. Get in on a suicidal infantry charge. Some of the underground tunnel fighting that went on to circumvent the impenetrable defenses. Get your fucking ears blown out by the mining demolitions that kicked off the Battle of the Somme or Messines.

I hope that they can find whatever has been missing since they stopped making Bad Company. The BC campaigns are some of the best military shooters ever, and i'd say they have hands down the best characters in a military shooter. Just look at the little videos that they made for the characters back then

Rainbow Sprinkes
Bad World (Gears of War commercial parody)
Snake Eyes (MGS Parody)
Commercial

Those characters are so memorable and have so much personality. So it's shocking that they went from that to BF3 and BF4 where none of the characters are really memorable.

And then you have the gameplay. The original Bad Company is exactly what you'd expect from a Battlefield single player. It dropped you into sandbox environments and let you tackle missions how you wanted to instead of being put on a linear path. I don't know why they keep pushing for the set-piece CoD-style single player when they can't pull it off as well as the CoD guys. But their Bad Company single players were amazing.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Announcement of an announcement.

Smh. This kills hype, assholes.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The "future of Battlefield". Huh.

I can see the irony in that statement. You're playing with us, Dice!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Announcement of an announcement.

Smh. This kills hype, assholes.

Agreed. Show the game or get off the pot. :/

If it's WW1 though, that'll be the second Battlefield title (and first Mainline) that DICE has released that I'll be skipping. All I want is quick unlocks and letting me play the game for fun in modern combat, not endless grind.

I think there's a good chance that it's going to take place in the 2142-era. They hinted at it pretty heavily in the Final Stand expansion for Battlefield 4 which had hover tanks, a railgun, launch pods, unfinished mechs, and a prototype titan.

I think DICE can do a lot more with that setting than COD does with its near future setting. As long as they don't make it another "WHAT IF THE TECHNOLOGY IS TURNED AGAINST US?!?!" story.

I just hope they don't mess up Titan Assault like they did with Carrier Assault in BF4

NJDEN

I can't wait for this announcement so people get this World War I business out of their heads...

World War II is a BIG if, but I guarantee it won't be World War I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom