• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 getting a Collector Edition in Europe (dated Oct 24)

jimi_dini

Pilko just canceled my order...

I have not yet received a cancellation. fingers crossed

"Wir haben soeben von Nintendo Europe mitgeteilt bekommen, dass Nintendo keine Stückzahlen von Bayonetta 1+2 Print Edition für Österreich, Deutschland und Schweiz mehr garantieren kann."

wtf, how is this even possible. amazon.fr really sold all the European stock. welp

I have not yet received a cancellation. fingers crossed

"Wir haben soeben von Nintendo Europe mitgeteilt bekommen, dass Nintendo keine Stückzahlen von Bayonetta 1+2 Print Edition für Österreich, Deutschland und Schweiz mehr garantieren kann."

wtf, how is this even possible. amazon.fr really sold all the European stock. welp

Oh man, mines not cancelled yet. fingers crossed too.

everyone-world-cross-their-fingers--large-msg-117995562012.jpg

El Topo

It certainly seems like they might have allocated a lot more stock for UK and especially French Amazon, which would be a bit unfortunate, especially if other countries (e.g. Italy?) don't get the chance to order it.

windfish

Pilko just canceled my order...

Seems that they now don't even care to give an explanation:

Der Status Ihrer Bestellung vom Mittwoch, 10. September 2014 mit der Bestellnummer 401XXX wurde geändert.

Neuer Status: Storniert
Bei Fragen zu Ihrer Bestellung antworten Sie bitte auf diese E-Mail.

Nintendo exclusive limited editions are always extremly popular in gamer circles

Mario Kart 8 CE was around for a while. Still is. Wind Waker HD was also around for some time as was Link Between Worlds. Bayo 2 and Hyrule Warrior are the two that have sold out before launch. Most likely due to less being made.

Generally, Nintendo seem to print a modest amount rather than overdo it like your GTAs, Halos, CoDs. Their standard physical releases also seem modest these days, either as a way to curb waste or to draw people into the e-shop.

Jofamo

Last week, like many of you guys I spoke with Amazon about the Bayonetta 2 I had preordered, looking for assurance that it came with the first came. They said they would look into it and get back to me. As you know, early this week they changed the listing, and put up a new item for the special edition.

I decided to wait a couple of days to speak with an Amazon.co.uk rep about this. I spoke with someone today and explained why I was angry that I had not been notified the listing had changed.

Initially the rep explained that the edition I had preordered did not come with Bayonetta 2, and said I would have to order the special edition, at the increased price. I again said I didn't want to do that, and linked to Shop 2's listing which had the special edition cheaper. He took this on board, and I'm pleased to say he offered to upgrade me to the special edition at no extra cost. So I now have the preorder for the special edition at £32.

He was really helpful, but wanted to stress this was a one time exception.

Lucifon

Last week, like many of you guys I spoke with Amazon about the Bayonetta 2 I had preordered, looking for assurance that it came with the first came. They said they would look into it and get back to me. As you know, early this week they changed the listing, and put up a new item for the special edition.

I decided to wait a couple of days to speak with an Amazon.co.uk rep about this. I spoke with someone today and explained why I was angry that I had not been notified the listing had changed.

Initially the rep explained that the edition I had preordered did not come with Bayonetta 2, and said I would have to order the special edition, at the increased price. I again said I didn't want to do that, and linked to Shop 2's listing which had the special edition cheaper. He took this on board, and I'm pleased to say he offered to upgrade me to the special edition at no extra cost. So I now have the preorder for the special edition at £32.

He was really helpful, but wanted to stress this was a one time exception.

I should not have cancelled :(

What? Is there a single Nintendo-published game for 3DS or Wii U that is OOP?

I didn't mean OOP, but scarce. Fire Emblem is scarce in Europe. Bravely Default is also not too common depending on where you are (it should be okay to find now). The Inazuma Eleven 3 Lightning Bolt was scarce. They seem more modest in print runs and reprint when necessary, rather than print millions and be done with it. There's something definitely different with Nintendo published titles in Europe when compared to anything else.

TheMoon

Luigi U is DLC which got also a limited physical release, that's not really comparable (although it's still in stock pretty much everwhere).

Well but it is out of print since a few months ago. Was announced along with TW101 being no longer manufactured in EU.

I didn't mean OOP, but scarce. Fire Emblem is scarce in Europe. Bravely Default is also not too common depending on where you are (it should be okay to find now). The Inazuma Eleven 3 Lightning Bolt was scarce. They seem more modest in print runs and reprint when necessary, rather than print millions and be done with it. There's something definitely different with Nintendo published titles in Europe when compared to anything else.

Also, try to buy any Kirby game in Europe. Will cost you a pretty penny unless it's Epic Yarn which they seem to have made a lot more of.

Those are all still widely available in Germany with the exception of Kid Icarus. Luigi U is DLC which got also a limited physical release, that's not really comparable (although it's still in stock pretty much everwhere).

Sure but the question is how long is this the case? I love how people thought 15k might be enough for Europe, because the game was going to bomb anyway right? I'm not saying it's miraculous selling a lot but still funny regardless.

Depending on what happens with my amazon.fr order (because I'm unsure if it will be cancelled or not)

I might have a spare which I can see about passing on at cost rather than cancelling and pot luck.

Going to have to wait till closer to dispatch though for me to be sure I'm receiving one.

UK only though - not wanting to faff about with anything that isn't Royal Mail.

Sify64

Just called up Amazon UK, explaining about the Bayonetta 2 listing change and they upgraded the standard order to the special without any price increase. The experiences I've had with their customer service is simply amazing. Can't wait till October.

I emailed the retailer I pre-ordered mine at asking if I'm guaranteed a copy of the First Edition. He said that as long as Nintendo actually delivers the allotted amount I just barely pre-ordered in time to be on the confirmed list. Sheesh, I probably should have checked that site earlier. This is all so weird, but I guess this type of stuff tends to happen with highly limited editions?

TheMoon

Just called up Amazon UK, explaining about the Bayonetta 2 listing change and they upgraded the standard order to the special without any price increase. The experiences I've had with their customer service is simply amazing. Can't wait till October.

Now if only someone could confirm this also works via chat since I'm not gonna make an international phone call over this^^

mf luder

Just tried via chat and was told they can't upgrade my order and other people shouldn't be able to either. I said other people have had theirs upgraded but he wasn't having it.

Sify64

Just tried via chat and was told they can't upgrade my order and other people shouldn't be able to either. I said other people have had theirs upgraded but he wasn't having it.
Oh, that sucks. Guess, I was just lucky with the person I got on the phone. Are you going to try again later?

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I don't really feel like poking for an upgrade.

Although they really should email people who might not be aware of the change in the listing.

Top Bottom