• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beard-GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

WedgeX said:
It is indeed fantastic.

LR3pm.gif

Devolution, I wouldn't be so sure.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Jin34 said:
You'd be surprised, shaving for me is a mess. I have to shave in different directions and angles to get all the hair plus I get in-growns. It's just that I've had it for like a month now so I've plucked them out with a needle and keep the beard long enough to where they don't grow in. Neck still a mess of bumps due to in-growns though it doesn't show up in the pics.

But at least your beard is full, there's a lot of space between the individual hair (like not enough hair is growing overall), AND they grow in crazy directions.

Pollux

So I'm a little over 2 weeks with growing the beard. I'm at the point where it's itchy as hell. How long does this last, because there was a point today that I considered just shaving it off. I'm not going to, but I contemplated it for a second or two.

freddy

Banned
zmoney said:
So I'm a little over 2 weeks with growing the beard. I'm at the point where it's itchy as hell. How long does this last, because there was a point today that I considered just shaving it off. I'm not going to, but I contemplated it for a second or two.
Pussy want her milks?

JK

Pollux

freddy said:
Pussy want her milks?

JK
lol

It was more that it was annoying as shit not trying to scratch my face constantly while being interviewed by potential employers.

painey

wish there was an easy way to shape the under-chin/neck. Whenever I attempt it I always end up fucking it up and then of course the whole beard has to go

Salazar

painey said:
wish there was an easy way to shape the under-chin/neck. Whenever I attempt it I always end up fucking it up and then of course the whole beard has to go

Yep. I never fuck with it, except to trim.

freddy

Banned
zmoney said:
lol

It was more that it was annoying as shit not trying to scratch my face constantly while being interviewed by potential employers.
Give it about 3 weeks till the hair thickens up and stops stretching your pores out and it should be fine. I generally get a decent full growth in a week now as well, where when I first did it it took 4-5 weeks.

Billychu said:
:(

In a perfect world...
Boobs made of beard? Beards made of boobs?

*strokes booeard*

zmoney said:
It usually lasts two or three days, tops. Just tough it out!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I hate when there's a perfect manscaped and unnatural looking line between bearded and not beard parts of the face. That shit looks douchebaggy and makes it look like you spend far too much time doing something as simple as shaving.

Just go with where your ACTUAL beard ends, and trim any straggler hairs that encroach that border. The only place where there should be an unnatural line is under your jawline, cause you gotta shave that neckbeard bullshit.

And before people quote pics of me with neckbeard action, that's just cause I'm lazy sometimes(all the time), not cause I think it looks good.

Soma

man i hate my facial hair. for one thing, my beard mostly grows under my chin and some of it still grows in patches too. another thing is my mustache will connect to my beard on one side but not so much on the other.

feels bad, man. :(

Pollux

krypt0nian said:
Remember Beard-GAF, no chinstrap beards. They are the only beard that makes you more of a woman. Grow it in, grow it full.
My goal is to be able to wear a flannel shirt without irony by Xmas

Beards is the reason I like men, well ok I'm slightly exaggerating... slightly.

zmoney you look really good with that beard you posted, keep up the good work.

Pollux

HappyPuppy said:
Beards is the reason I like men, well ok I'm slightly exaggerating... slightly.

zmoney you look really good with that beard you posted, keep up the good work.

Thank you. Now tell that to my girlfriend. Although her main complaint isn't the look it's the fact that it feels like mini needles at the moment lol.

krypt0nian said:
Lumberjack Beard is a valid and lofty goal. Grow away! :)

Huzzah!!!
seemed like a good response haha

This is me a few months ago when I used a straight edge razor on myself and I had it low, but then cut it and went to a goatee, now full beard is back and thicker...will post that later

319332_10150351774891287_707666286_10233760_5223133_n.jpg

Pollux

Mecha_Infantry said:
This is me a few months ago when I used a straight edge razor on myself and I had it low, but then cut it and went to a goatee, now full beard is back and thicker...will post that later

319332_10150351774891287_707666286_10233760_5223133_n.jpg
I like it...very clean and professional looking

Al-ibn Kermit said:
You look a lot like Dennis "cutty" Wise from The Wire.
Haha I got that in another thread!

Beard was fresh then and quite low in comparison to how I have it now. Still clean lines though. Rick Ross style

deleted

I've been rocking some kind of beard since I was 16, so for the last 10 years :)
First a goatee now a full grown beard. Sometimes stubble, but most of the time I'm lazy.

Oh and of course beards are awesome! Worked at a bank for a few years and
they had a policy that you were allowed to have a beard, but you mustn't grow one. I don't understand such policys - when a beard suits a man, it can grow and will still look good, if its taken care of.

RSP

I had a beard for about two years, and started shaving again a couple of weeks ago, still hurts like hell every time ...

I trimmed the beard to about 5mm every week, I thought it looked OK, even though I don't have a very full beard and I am blonde with a ginger beard.

I shave the stubble that accumulates below where (I like to have) my beard ends once a week. It's typically on Sundays, but it's mostly whenever I have time to do it. Usually when I'm seeing a girl and don't want to look like crap.

Otherwise I might trim once a month. I used to do it with little scissors, but then I got a beard trimmer for christmas. The amount of change it makes is shocking. I cut mine a bit too short for my liking, but once it started to grow back in, it was so much nicer. Almost everything was more even and the cheeks started to grow in a little better than before.

Beezy

Is there a general age cutoff for growing one? I'm 23 and I only have a few hairs under my chin and jaw. They look dumb so I just shave them off. I may be a lost cause. :(

Pollux

Sadly I had to shave since I tried to shape the beard and completely fucked it up. But I'm back on the horse and re-growing. Here we go...

freddy

Banned
Is there a general age cutoff for growing one? I'm 23 and I only have a few hairs under my chin and jaw. They look dumb so I just shave them off. I may be a lost cause. :(

Absolutely not. Stop scaring those tufts away and give them some confidence to air for a while. Soon enough their friends will sprout like wild flowers.

You may also develop a swagger as your balls also tend to become heavier as your beard thickens up.

Real answer: my full beard kicked in at about 27. Up until then it would on grow to about 1/4 inch no matter how long I left it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom