• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ben Afflecks Batman script is a mess according to fanboys prone to confirmation bias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Affleck's movies are literally some of the most boring, monotone & cookie-cutter movies I've ever watched. I don't know how this dude is supposed to pull off a good superhero movie to save his life.
Opinions may be opinions but he has directed some fantastic movies that are critically acclaimed if you don't like it that's fine but let's not pretend he's cranking out Adam Sandler films

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Affleck made Argo and the town, both of which are mediocre movies (the town was pretty good...for what it was)

Affleck has never directed a movie like the greats have done, fincher, Spielberg, Scott, and now Villeneuve.

He was always a mediocre director.

They all said, I want more of his batman and I am looking forward to it.

What did you think of The Accountant?

I thought it was good. Its main flaw is the B plot of the cops trying to unmask Affleck's character. It greatly hurt the pacing.

Ben Affleck didn't write nor direct that movie though, so it's not really pertinent to the current conversation.

Affleck made Argo and the town, both of which are mediocre movies (the town was pretty good...for what it was)

Affleck has never directed a movie like the greats have done, fincher, Spielberg, Scott, and now Villeneuve.

Good Will Hunting was pretty good too. Ben and Matt had pretty huge hands in the writing for that movie.

I was eating dinner and the waiter told me that his brother has a friend that knows someone that knows someone else at wb and confirmed that this is 100% true.

Jombie

Affleck is DC's only saving grace, they're not going to tell him what to do.

Ellis sounds like he's trying to convince himself of his own celebrity. 'I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows a guy.'

Hale-XF11

I was eating dinner and the waiter told me that his brother has a friend that knows someone that knows someone else at wb and confirmed that this is 100% true.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Lothars

I don't agree at all, He's a fantastic Director and I would definitely put him up there with the greats.

Ninjimbo

We're supposed to just trust WB movie execs and their opinion on scripts?
I would trust them since they're the ones who have been working on movies for years and know what a hit movie is supposed to look like. Shit, I at least would trust them first than some random ass people spreading gossip on a forum.

Anth0ny

‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the script.’

this may be the greatest cigar-smoking executive quote I've ever seen

Effect

We had stories like this before BvS and a lot of people didn't believe them then either.

No we didn't. We had stories while screenings were going on and in the end the biggest fault was that the film got edited down more then it should have. That hurt things (like pacing and editing) for some viewers and didn't for others as many were still able to clearly follow the film and enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with the Ultimate Edition in terms of the filmmaking of the film and that clearly is the film Snyder made. Like or dislike of the direction of the film or choices is another thing and subjective. I wish more people got the difference.

What we're talking about here is something in the actual writing stage of a films script and again told via a game of telephone. Not the same thing here. Not even close.

Kid Ying

Why would they spend time on a second pass of a script when idiots will go to see it regardless of quality? That money is better spend on a trailer and payola youtube segments.
Yes, cause people liking a "bad movie" makes them idiots, right?

Suicide squad was one of the worst movies i've ever saw, but i understand why so many people liked it. Hell, from all the people that saw with me, i was the only one who hated the movie. It's not hard to see why so many people liked it.

sanstesy

I don't agree at all, He's a fantastic Director and I would definitely put him up there with the greats.

giphy.gif

Sorry, but no. >.<

jrush64

Banned
So once again we're all believing some likely bs story about a script and movie which is still 2 years or more away being bad.... ok.

Harmen

I don't really believe this. If anything, I believe WB has been too concerned and all their meddling led to terrible decisions. But by the gods, I sure hope this one is as good as an Affleck directed Batffleck films sounds on paper, I need my good Batman films.

I would trust them since they're the ones who have been working on movies for years and know what a hit movie is supposed to look like. Shit, I at least would trust them first than some random ass people spreading gossip on a forum.
The majority of the DCU movies have been panned for featuring terrible writing. Affleck's movies on the other hand have been pretty well received.
So I'm more willing to trust the man with a proven track record versus the people who have been charge of the DCU trainwreck thus far.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
That line about overseas markets explains so much.

ExVicis

Sure maybe, but he is not even close to being with greats like Fincher, Spielberg, Scott, etc. But whatever, opinions I guess.

Spielberg and Ridley Scott have some lackluster movies under their belt too. I don't know why we need to compare them to Ben Affleck though.

Sony

Nintendo
Regardless of the weight of the story, this commend made me sad: "The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the script"

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
If it is anywhere near as fantastic as BvS was, I am down with it. Bring it Batfleck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom