• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has always been sitting there in the background. Hope there was no wrongdoing and this is cleared. Trump will whine about this for years of true

Aselith

Loan was unusually large given the amount of collateral the college had, it was so big that it bankrupted the institution when they couldn't pay it back, making people suspicious of why it was approved.

After the loan was approved, the college started paying a local woodworking school owned by the Sanders' daughter via the school as part of a partnership w/ it.

There's stuff here that legit doesn't look good, regardless of legality.

Yeah that sounds pretty fucked up

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Quelle surprise.

Anybody paying attention to the primary is not stunned right now.

Maybe now he'll get off his high horse and be quiet for a few days.

He will probably dismiss the allegations until there is an actual verdict in the case or evidence presented.

He'll want to protect his wife, since the allegations are about her, but also their "image" regardless of whether or not there is merit to the claims

Either way, i would seriously not expect him to 'lay low', based on what i think i know about Bernie's attitude

I doubt there will be criminal charges or anything but if the stuff around the woodworking school is true, well, it doesn't sound like Jane was working completely above board.

Jane always sounded super shifty around this. I'm not sure it reflects all that badly on Bernie himself though... but we'll see I guess.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jane always sounded super shifty around this. I'm not sure it reflects all that badly on Bernie himself though... but we'll see I guess.

Bernie himself is probably fine, though him pushing for that loan is super sketchy, but Jane might be in some real trouble. His daughter might be in some shit too come to think of it.

Lol......Ehh, I'm Kamala 2020 anyway.

I'm in.

Ms._Marvel_Vol_3_2_Molina_Variant_Textless-e1429532366426.jpg

BADMAN

Damn Bernie. I like the guy and hope whatever he and his wife did was above board, but damn.

On a side note this is another example of why we need some new progressivist stars. I don't think anyone was expecting Bernie 2020, but I desperately want someone with similar convictions (no pun intended).

Lol......Ehh, I'm Kamala 2020 anyway.

Ditto. Black women are the backbone of the DNC, they should be the figurehead of it as well.

Politically experienced and close to Sanders ideals - Warren

Charismatic newcomer - Pete Guggulgi?

Celebrity/Reality Star Choice - Rock, Kanye or Oprah

Notable "but you're not even a Democrat" - Zuckerberg

Warren isn't going to run.

Celebrities are a no go, Zuckerberg is a fuck no.

The only one what?

~THE ONLY GIRL IN THE WOOOORLD~

GrapeApes

Bernie wasn't running in 2020 regardless of what comes of this.

He'll be 80 years old when sworn in if he managed to win.
Nah, he def was running. You don't get that close and then give up. He sees how many concessions he got to the platform in a loss. He's a politician. He's going to try to advance his agenda the best way possible. If there's a whiff of scandal he might change his mind.

Slayven

Nah, he def was running. You don't get that close and then give up. He sees how many concessions he got to the platform in a loss. He's a politician. He's going to try to advance his agenda the best way possible. If there's a whiff of scandal he might change his mind.
"Remeber when that Bernie Bro shot senators?"

SaviourMK2

Oh no? How horrible?

You guys act like a man who's going to be almost 80 in 2020 (If he lives that long) is actually going to run again for the most stressful job in the country in a political landscape that's drowning in corruption and conservative favoritism.

Kthulhu

Pretty much this. Hopefully it turns out nothing really haappened, but if something definitely did, I would be very disappointed in Bernie.

Would still vote for him tho if no Elizabeth Warren.

Same. Bernie ain't perfect, far from it, but he was the closest candidate to my political beliefs, and it'd be a shame if this was true.

So who hasn't been under FBI investigation at this point?

Jeez.

Obama 😢

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
He would have picked his successor. His age doesn't stop him being the most influential in cabinet/supreme court picks.

Would have? I don't know what Sanders plans to do in a couple of years, but i am pretty sure he has the clout to still do what he wants politically despite his wife having been investigated by the FBI, especially when the results of said investigation are unknown at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom