• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

D i Z

Oh no? How horrible?

You guys act like a man who's going to be almost 80 in 2020 (If he lives that long) is actually going to run again for the most stressful job in the country in a political landscape that's drowning in corruption and conservative favoritism.

That fool could barely handle doing it this last time, and did it badly.
Still, it was the highlight of his career.

Kelsdesu

Them chaos emeralds got the whole country fucked up.

michelle-obama-laughing.gif

Yoooo!

Would have? I don't know what Sanders plans to do in a couple of years, but i am pretty sure he has the clout to still do what he wants politically despite his wife having been investigated by the FBI, especially when the results of said investigation are unknown at this time

Really, you think he'll make it through a Democratic primary without being called on his hypocritical, sanctimonious bullshit and his wife's - and maybe his own - corruption? Grandpa will need to press the life alert.

Damaniel

Banned
Sigh. Trump does this kind of shit on a daily basis.

Edit: GAF is overjoyed with this news. How unexpected.

Overjoyed? No. But it demonstrates that Bernie isn't quite the angel that his supporters are convinced he is. At least he wasn't alone - it sure would have been nice to have a candidate from either side that wasn't actively being investigated by law enforcement.

there's only one way to settle this.

2020, battle to the death, BERNIE V HILLARY

theres gonna be an election or something that year but fuck it whatever MAY THE LEAST WORST DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATE WIN

Yes but the post I was responding to was going off of assumptions that he was guilty. And the poster seemed to want him to be.

I give no shits about Bernie's guilt or innocence. I give no shits whether he or Jane spend the rest of their lives behind bars, in Congress, or at a retirement home in Florida.

I give a shit that I had to sit through a whole primary season of loud, sanctimonious Bernie fans telling us how Hillary was corrupt and bought by Goldman Sachs while Bernie was a magical unicorn who managed to be unlike ANY other politician despite being in Congress for twenty-five fucking years. They used her scandals against her, and I relish the sight of seeing the hypocrisy exposed. Any actual criminal proceedings mean nothing to me.

I was actually surprised none of Jane's Burlington College stuff came up during the campaign. There was a decent amount there that could've gotten nasty and tbh some of did did seems shady.

Nevertheless, probably best to wait the investigation out.

Also, fraud.

Because it would have involved attacking Bernie's spouse and Hillary wasn't about to start a game with Bernie where that would have been fair game because she would have been on the losing side of it regardless of whether or not they are actually guilty here

The fact that this is on Bloomberg makes it just perfect.

Maybe this will get Bernie to shut the hell up and stop the media from bringing him on to talk about what the Dems should do when he refuses to be apart of the actual party itself. Question his ass in regard to this now.

I remember this coming up in the primary and people were refusing to even discuss it because of "emails". Maybe now this can be covered.

I'm not a Bernie hater -- I actually prefer him to Hillary on most policy issues -- but I am kind of sick of people trotting him out and claiming he knows the way to "fix" the Democratic party. No offense, but the guy couldn't even win the primary on the left side. I think it may be time for a revamp, but it doesn't need to come from him or his stans.

If anything, jumping to the left and primary-ing "blue-dog Democrats" when the current administration is as right-wing and unpopular as it is would be leaving a huuuuge gap in the middle. In actuality, now is the time to unify the country and broaden the Democratic umbrella, picking off as many seats from the Rs as possible. Running left-wingers in purple districts (so as to satisfy Justice Democrats' totally-not-a-purity-test) will only result in more losses, IMO.

Maybe this will get Bernie to shut the hell up and stop the media from bringing him on to talk about what the Dems should do when he refuses to be apart of the actual party itself. Question his ass in regard to this now.

I remember this coming up in the primary and people were refusing to even discuss it because of "emails". Maybe now this can be covered.

Dems getting mad that Bernie isn't a Democrat like it actually matters will never be not funny.

Cub3h

Banned
Anyone paying close attention to the Democratic primaries knew what a shady character this guy really is, I think we're still all waiting for Jane to dig out those tax forms that they'll definitely publish any day now.

Hopefully he can bore off now with his millionayhs and billionayhs, and stop sabotaging the Democratic party with his liberal purity tests.

Kelsdesu

Some of yall acting like Bernie Sanders is the Manchurian candidate for the Republican party sent to destroy the DN🤔🤔

JordanN

Banned
Really, you think he'll make it through a Democratic primary without being called on his hypocritical, sanctimonious bullshit and his wife's - and maybe his own - corruption? Grandpa will need to press the life alert.

By who? Cory Booker or John Cena?

GrapeApes

He is still the most popular politician in the country. Unless he is found guilty, this won't matter in 4 years.
My sweet summer child. Look at all the things that stuck to Hillary. You think that whole Crooked narrative involved only stuff that happened in 2016?

My sweet summer child. Look at all the things that stuck to Hillary. You think that whole Crooked narrative involved only stuff that happened in 2016?

Nah. Clinton lost because she had no message and 0 charisma.

Trump won because his message was more powerful than his disgustingness.

The same will happen with Bernie. People won't care as long as he stays calling out the corpo Dems and the oligarchy.

The left's version of Trump?

Even had a shady Manafort-clone campaign manager with ties to Ukraine who somehow got paid $10M.
Probably

We don't how the general would have played out but if he runs again they shouldn't go soft on him. Hillary only refused to really attack him because she had too many of her own problems and wanted to get the primary over with, with as little mud slinging as possible.

Next primary won't be pretty. Think 08 on steroids.
I'm really not looking forward to it.

Nah. Clinton lost because she had no message and 0 charisma.

Trump won because his message was more powerful than his disgustingness.

The same will happen with Bernie. People won't care as long as he stays calling out the corpo Dems and the oligarchy.

How is a 25-year Congressman who may have abused his influence to help his wife not a member of the corrupt oligarchy? You think ordinary citizens have access to those opportunities and privileges?

How is a 25-year Congressman who may have abused his influence to help his wife not a member of the corrupt oligarchy?

He is not a millionaire lol (unlike millionaire Clinton) . And nothing has been proved yet.

Liberals would jump of happiness if he was found guilty though. They rather side with Fox News on this than with Young Turks. Disgusting.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

Take a breath.

Your way too invested in hating Bernie Sanders for whatever reason to think logically about the situation.

Nothing is actually determined in the investigation outside of the fact that there is an investigation under way.

I think the confirmation bias of some neoliberals stanning for the Democratic party is very annoying, since i created the thread to have an honest conversation about the merits and what might actually occur in the investigation

He is not a millionaire lol (unlike millionaire Clinton) . And nothing has been proved yet.

Liberals would jump of happiness if he was found guilty though. They rather side with Fox News on this than with Young Turks. Disgusting.
You have no problems with this? Goddamn.

Anyone paying close attention to the Democratic primaries knew what a shady character this guy really is, I think we're still all waiting for Jane to dig out those tax forms that they'll definitely publish any day now.

Hopefully he can bore off now with his millionayhs and billionayhs, and stop sabotaging the Democratic party with his liberal purity tests.
The allegations being true would only do damage to the party. I hope the truth comes out regardless, but I'd rather not hope that we've been sleeping with wolves.

pigeon

Banned
Take a breath.

Your way too invested in hating Bernie Sanders for whatever reason to think logically about the situation.

Nothing is actually determined in the investigation outside of the fact that there is an investigation under way.

I'm really falling in love with this thread right now. Glad to see all these Bernie supporters discovering the idea of being cautious with regards to FBI investigations.

He is not a millionaire lol (unlike millionaire Clinton) .

He is a millionaire!

I'll ask the question slightly differently: how is any congressman or senator not a member of the elite? As I said, they have access to privileges, business connections, and influence that the average citizen can only dream of. Are they not by definition part of the elite? How can Bernie call himself an outsider when he's been in Congress for a quarter of his life?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I was going to engage with you than I saw this. Yo, get your boy Cenk to clean the rot out of his own house before you start pointing fingers. For some reason he has at least two huge racists on staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom