• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie and Jane Sanders, under FBI investigation for bank fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nice to know that you happily want to shove under the bus the suffering of trans people and other minorities that happened when centrists shoved us under the bus for decades then. Good to know where you really stand, pigeon. At least you're finally being honest with me. Because clearly I'm just an uppity minority and I'm a problem for criticizing the Democrats for just using me when they please/throwing me to the wayside rather than listening to my problems.

As for the thread at hand, I'd rather wait for more detail before reading anymore hottakes by people who are giddy to see a leftist in a sticky situation.
Surely you can understand why some of us are taking some small pleasure from this news after the shit Clinton was subjected to for being under FBI investigation. I hope Sanders is innocent and the FBI come to that conclusion but for HA Goodman and everyone else who gave Clinton shit for being under investigation?

Have fun.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I'm confused: Are the allegations about Bernie Sanders connected to those against Jane Sanders?

Yea. He or his office may have improperly applied pressure to the bank that resulted in Jane's college getting the loan that caused all the trouble in the first place.

Ekai

No, I'm just very familiar with your posting strategy by now. I'm happy to let the rest of the board judge for themselves whether your accusations are well-founded or not.

My strategy? You literally denied the history of the Democrats and how they've shoved people like me under the bus to just give a shitty trolly response. I want the Democrats to change in this regard and your response is to contribute to the problem at hand You come across as wanting to cover up that past and if all you want to do is treat me like garbage for even bringing it up then it certainly doesn't invoke discourse. Especially if that's just how you're going to treat me in every topic which you've openly indicated you will. I'm sorry for being "uppity" about my damn rights as a human being.

For the record: where you claimed the shoving under the bus of minorities never happened "in this universe"

kirblar

So I'm confused: Are the allegations about Bernie Sanders connected to those against Jane Sanders?
They're connected. There's two halves to the issue - the issue Bernie specifically connected to is "How on earth did this college get a loan this large?" and whether Bernie and his office pressured the bank on it. The other half is with those loan funds being dispersed to support the Sanders' daughters' Woodworking School via the school that went bankrupt, which is pretty much all Jane.

Ekai

Surely you can understand why some of us are taking some small pleasure from this news after the shit Clinton was subjected to for being under FBI investigation. I hope Sanders is innocent and the FBI come to that conclusion but for HA Goodman and everyone else who gave Clinton shit for being under investigation?

Have fun.

You act like I gave Hillary shit for being under investigation. I never did. Hell, I fricking voted for her in the general. There's no gotcha to be found here, dude.

You act like I gave Hillary shit for being under investigation. I never did. Hell, I fricking voted for her in the general. There's no gotcha to be found here, dude.
I'm replying to you condemning some of us for being happy about this news. I accused you of nothing.

Seventy70

I get that there were some people that deserve it, but it's incredibly irritating when every political thread has to be full people "serving crow". If you're going to do that, make sure the people you are doing it to actually deserve it.

There have been more than a few assumptions made about some of the posters in this thread.

"Let's wait until a verdict."
"HAH! Hypocritical Bernie supporter. Finally learning to wait for a verdict, huh!?"

This is one of those things that was likely to become a huge focus if Sanders actually made it into the final round. I honestly though it fell off the radar when Hillary Clinton became Public Enemy #1 for the GOP.

Your "Have Fun" indicated otherwise to me but I'll take you at your word.

"Have fun" was directed at HA Goodman and everyone who gave Clinton shit for being under investigation. I put the line breaks in for dramatic effect, but I can see how it threw you.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I'm really falling in love with this thread right now. Glad to see all these Bernie supporters discovering the idea of being cautious with regards to FBI investigations.
!

I don't think email or benghazi investigations have any merit in the first place though. So why is this a Hillary thing now?

I don't even think russia really has merit until the investigation is finished or they come to an actual conclusion

Mutant

Sitting politicians who can run again for the same office are always candidates.

Well technically, but colloquially? Nah. The poster admitted to misspeaking anyways.

It's just pretty funny to still see people refer to him as a candidate and greeting this news story with bated breath. Because the 2016 primary is a never ending I guess.

I supported Sanders. But if he did anything wrong, it needs to be investigated as much as anything else. Justice is more important than how I feel about his stances.
Yep. I liked the guy and voted for him, but he and his wife aren't above the law. This is the stance any reasonable person should take.

BasicMath

What is Bernie Sanders a political candidate for?
Everyone knows that he and Joe Biden are almost a lock to be potential candidates for the general in a few years. Attacks don't need to come in only when they're up for election. The Dems/Reps cutting down the left early to reunite the party/country near the center is a brilliant strategy.

In any case, this and the possibility of Trump being impeached is making me lose all faith in American democracy. I guess Russia really did win.

Toxi

Banned
Everyone knows that he and Joe Biden are almost a lock to be potential candidates for the general in a few years. Attacks don't need to come in only when they're up for election. The Dems/Reps cutting down the left early to reunite the party/country near the center is a brilliant strategy.

In any case, this and the possibility of Trump being impeached is making me lose all faith in American democracy. I guess Russia really did win.
LOL the fuck

lol wut

So your position is that Democrats and Republicans are working together in order to move the country more to the center. And everyone knows nothing really. Biden and Sanders will be too old in 2020. They are far from locks as candidates.

As for Trump, not sure if you mean the impossibility of him being impeached, but he won't be. Only chance for that is he is is re-elected while the Dems get a House majority and Senate super-majority.

As for the final point, yes Russia did win. The 9/11 hijackers won too. Russia has played the long game brilliantly. And well the terrorists really got things started on internal US self-destruction after 9/11.

As long as the Bernie supporters don't try to force a coronation of a flawed candidate under FBI investigation we should be okay.

200.gif

Amir0x

Banned
I hope it is true so the infantile psycho idealistic hardliner Bernie supporters with zero clue how our government functions can realize they will never find a pure candidate. Take the victories you can. Some progress rather than none

Wall

I guess this is a bad time to point out that more often than not presidential nominees were runner-ups in past primaries (lol)

213372bu

Banned
Some of us want to pretend the elections are over when it's convenient, yet some people still love reliving that 2016 primary.

On this page alone there are posters camping this thread exclaiming that they're happy that a leftist candidate, that dare run against their politician of choice, is under investigation by the FBI and are out justifying that nonsense.

ofc some of those people going to cheerlead this FBI investigation and hope he is found on charges because of some political proxy war without ever realizing the striking parallels between the toxic devotees of Politician A and Politician B.

damn.

Condom

I hope it is true so the infantile psycho idealistic hardliner Bernie supporters with zero clue how our government functions can realize they will never find a pure candidate. Take the victories you can. Some progress rather than none
>implying by social liberal supported Bernie Sanders isn't a compromise candidate himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom