• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bernie or Busters are flocking Philly to protest DNC, city projecting 35-50k protesto

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Insert picture of that embarrassing Charizard t-shirt]

did someone say embarrassing charizard?

live footage from the protest

uiQtXWoh.jpg

I was disappointed with how little protest there was at the RNC. You'd think he would be the biggest threat of all.

It will be interesting to see if we end up with far less people protesting at a racist fascist demagogue convention than the democratic convention.

Sometimes I really think some liberals secretly want to be lorded over by conservatives. There's no other explanation.

Well, if the KKK and The New Black Panther Party can be armed and in the same place and nothing happens then I can't imagine anything major coming of this.

I have a feeling that a lot of these people are general leftist protesters who are being mischaracterized as driven solely by Bernie loyalty, but hey.

Bernie supporters are nothing if not hypocrites.

Just goes to show that their dedication to the issues is skin deep.

Protesting Clinton instead of trump...

If Trump does win, the blame list is going to be really long. Clinton and the DNC would be on there too but they would be far from the only ones.

Jesus "35-50k protestors" just straight away turns this into a complete joke of an announcement. It's so hard to take them seriously when they have absolutely no sense of reality at all.

Ronin

How are they getting there? I thought they were poor college kids giving their last dollars to a dying campaign?

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I'm betting the amount of Bernie supporters coming to Philly will be a lot less than planned.

jacksnap

Neo Member
“We are not going to vote for the demon named Hillary just because you are threatening us with the devil named Trump.”

Bet that sounded a lot cooler when you made your D&D character say it.

So at the main event, the DNC, something planned for over a year, you're mustering a whopping 35k-50k people? I'll give that number the benefit of the doubt because it is the city projecting this.

Some revolution. Really the biggest bunch of sore losers around. Especially given the platform is quite aligned with what Bernie wants. And Hillary herself is very close to Bernie when it comes down to votes and policy support.

Really just a baffling group of people.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
At this point I think Bernie should use his prime time speaking slot at the DNC flat out say to his 'supporters' that if they want to move forward with his political agenda/revolution they to make sure Trump doesn't win. Maybe if Bernie himself explains how conservative SCOTUS appointees will kill his vision for decades they will get it. Lord knows they don't seem to listen to anyone else. Maybe just maybe they will listen to 'their guy'.

wrowa

How can you claim "we are the people", when the majority have voted for Clinton. You sure are people, but you are just a minority of the people. That's too bad but that's just what it is.

If they want to lead a political revolution, they should spend the next years trying to convince more people why a more social America would be a great thing. Being obnoxiously bad losers won't get you any sympathy.

Zabka

I have a friend doing this. She asked if I wanted to join the Revolution. Thought it was a metaphor for something else. She means an actual revolution.

She's nuts.

Funny how the delegates all whine that they need like $5k-$10k per person to go but protesters can find their own money.

Have you ever traveled before and had to pay for a hotel for a week yourself during a convention in a big city?

Shit's expensive. And I doubt they are actually attending the convention or even staying anywhere near the main city.

Alrus

Honestly let them have their protest it's rather harmless, I seriously doubt there's 35-50k people of that mindest willing let alone being able to afford to make the trip to philly anyway.

It'd be nice if they spent some of that energy trying to get people to vote for downticket races too, even if they don't vote for Hillary.

remist

While these people are delusional if they actually think they have a chance to get Bernie nominated, the Democratic establishment needs to be shaken up. Hopefully democrats will realize that many people are supporting Hillary not because they approve of the candidate, but because they think Trump is worse.

“We are not going to vote for the demon named Hillary just because you are threatening us with the devil named Trump.”

That is exactly how I'd assume they would speak. Ugh.

Let me guess protesters will be all over the news? Making the DNC look like a disaster compared to our glorious leaders RNC. I can see the Facebook posts already.

GutsOfThor

Nothing wrong with them protesting as long as it's kept peaceful.

By the way what happened to the protests at the rnc? The way some were talking, Clevland was going to be destroyed but nothing really happened.

Have you ever traveled before and had to pay for a hotel for a week yourself during a convention in a big city?

Shit's expensive. And I doubt they are actually attending the convention or even staying anywhere near the main city.

Yes, I have. I have done exactly that, and stayed an hour out of the city and shared a room and took trains and buses to the convention to keep costs down to under a thousand including airfare.

Bernie delegates started GoFundMe campaigns saying shit like "hey, it costs $6000 to go".

Yes, I have. I have done exactly that, and stayed an hour out of the city and shared a room and took trains and buses to the convention to keep costs down to under a thousand including airfare.

Bernie delegates started GoFundMe campaigns saying shit like "hey, it costs $6000 to go".

Well if your're actually participating in the convention it is generally better to stay at the convention or hotel or near it just to make sure you can get to everything. Would be a nightmare having to drive an hour into the city just to make it everyday.

But what you're doing is fine if someone is just dicking around or not really going to the actual convention at all. There is also a time issue as you know the mass transit infrastructure in the US largely sucks - except for a few notable exceptions in big cities. Not leaving at 5am to make my 8am session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom