• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda not showing anything at VGX [Beth community lead "VGX = no" See post: #81]

Diggler

If all these sites and messages are a hoax Bethesda should really make a comment IMO and let us know - not doing so is a bit of a slap in the face to all their fans.

jmcoo7

Banned
If all these sites and messages are a hoax Bethesda should really make a comment IMO and let us know - not doing so is a bit of a slap in the face to all their fans.

Yeah the silence suggests to me it's real, I'd expect they would warn the fans incase it's a hoax or possible dodgy site.

Yeah the silence suggests to me it's real, I'd expect they would warn the fans incase it's a hoax or possible dodgy site.

yeah they are quick in saying no Beth studio will be at VGX
and with the Prey 2 site, which had a countdown and Beth logos
they denied that one in less than 2 weeks

so why are they so quiet about the survivor site??

gstaff

Thanks for the clarification.

Is The Survivor 2299 real?

I had to ask.

No, I can’t give you an answer to that. As a company, we avoid commenting on rumors & speculation. If you start commenting on this and that, then you can never surprise people when you really want to, when it’s appropriate and exciting for your audience. Catching everyone by surprise made our 2010 VGA announcement of Skyrim special – not just for us, but for everyone that’s a fan of The Elder Scrolls. No one wants to lose those moments.

jmcoo7

Banned
No, I can’t give you an answer to that. As a company, we avoid commenting on rumors & speculation. If you start commenting on this and that, then you can never surprise people when you really want to, when it’s appropriate and exciting for your audience. Catching everyone by surprise made our 2010 VGA announcement of Skyrim special – not just for us, but for everyone that’s a fan of The Elder Scrolls. No one wants to lose those moments.

Yeah fair point, would be better to just stay quiet. It's unlikely to be anything more than a fan having fun at our expense. So no harm done, but damn those six days are going to drag out.

kris.

Banned

oh

okay

Lucille-Winking-animated-gif-arrested-development-31133148-245-245.gif

Vibranium

Banned

If the studio catches me by surprise by announcing Chris Avellone is the writer of Fallout 4 you'll have my eternal gratitude!

Just don't use the FO3/Skyrim writers please.

legacyzero

Banned
I don't even wanna watch this shit anymore. And I was more than willing to sit through 3 hours of ads just for this :(((((((((((((((

Feorax

As I said before, a Fallout 4 reveal would have meant someone in the industry knew how to hype a surprise without it ending in collossal disappointment.

Doesn't happen anymore. For some reason, developers and publishers are indescribably stupid when it comes to this.

Edit: got to give credit to Bethesda though. At least they've said it's not happening. Lots of pubs/devs just ride the hype wave knowing full well they are going to dissapoint.

then I have to ask, you debunked the prey 2 site
why not the survivor site??

http://segmentnext.com/2013/02/23/bethesda-denies-involvement-with-prey-2-countdown-website/
Bethesda Denies Involvement With Prey 2 Countdown Website

thou frankly I am having a blast with all of the puzzles and stuff
on the survivor site

studyguy

I genuinely don't understand how people rally against someone other than Bethesda writing for Fallout. Their games in the last gen when written inhouse have been completely vapid, devoid of any real personality. I love Bethesda in terms of simply building sprawling sandboxes, but it's been a real far cry since the days of Morrowind in the writing department.

Lakitu

st5fu

Well, I understand. I've no clue personally, real or fake, it's been a fun ride reading up on the website and keeping up with all the clues. It's rekindled my desire to play Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

ezekial45

Banned

You see this person, everyone? He knows about Fallout 4. He does, and you don't. It just eats at you all, doesn't it?

Anyway, good answer. Just be sure to catch us by surprise when you reveal. I can't take anymore periods of anticipation and then inevitable disappointment.

ArjanN

I'm not looking forward to a Fallout 4 made by Bethesda, so I'm OK with this, more space on the show for something more interesting.

I guess this also means no Wolfenstein or Evil Within at VGX.

then I have to ask, you debunked the prey 2 site
why not the survivor site??

Probably because the whole Prey 2 situation was making Bethesda look really bad.

Calm down, do you realize how long it was from Fallout 2 to 3? These things take time, it's only been two years since Skyrim and they worked on DLC for awhile. Whatever is in development is on it's way, just not anytime soon. I wouldn't expect anything till E3.

The amount of useless secrecy in this industry is just strange. Pete Hines isn't a secret agent, he makes video games for a living.

SirNinja

Nothing at the VGX, but they didn't say anything about the few days after that...

On a very related note, thesurvivor2299.com had better not be another hoax.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Some weird shit has to be going down at Bethesda if FO4 isn't announced soon.

Skyrim was released in 2011, Keep to the schedule, damnit!

owasog

Oh well, look at it from the bright side: FO4 in 2015 or later probably means it's not a cross-gen game, but true next-gen! (... or not)

ButchCat

They probably wanna make a game tailored to next-gen hardware and not a cross-gen game. They are waiting for that install base to grow so no surprise here.

TripleT1

Fuck it I still think they're announcing it either at the VGX or with the survivor website.

HYPE TRAIN NEVER DIES!!!!!!

Believe.

Top Bottom