• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda: "Please Stand By" (aka obvious Fallout teaser) [maybe not crossgen]

Which platform will you play Fallout 4 on?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never played or understood Fallout series.

Is it basically Post apocalyptic Elder Scrolls?

Watched a couple vids before but it looks pretty janky

plz don't shoot me

I need it on my face

Anyone got a gif for that?

I find this usually does the trick:

mgs5bcdefk6u2t.gif

Surprising that there's a 24 countdown. To what exactly? We've got a while until I would expect the big announcements to drop.

Anyway, I too hope it's current gen only. I fear what would end up held back otherwise. It's sort of comical though. What is it, something like "reverse port begging?" "Anti-port begging?"

Ape

Banned
So they'll prove otherwise. What a silly statement.

they will? haha. Not to be too hard on the current console's hardware but they aren't the most powerful things on the planet. That often leads to 20fps games and other graphical annoyances. Again, this can all be avoided by playing on a mid range PC. That's what I'd recommend especially as games become more demanding.

Surprising that there's a 24 countdown. To what exactly? We've got a while until I would expect the big announcements to drop.

Anyway, I too hope it's current gen only. I fear what would end up held back otherwise. It's sort of comical though. What is it, something like "reverse port begging?" "Anti-port begging?"

Probably a CG announcement trailer tomorrow, full gameplay reveal at E3. Makes sense, honestly. Build hype in the leadup to the conference.

plz don't shoot me

It is exactly that. Also, super janky, but that doesn't significantly detract from the overwhelming love people have for it.

Fracas

#fuckonami

plz don't shoot me

FO3 and NV are both janky as fuck

They're also 2 of the best games ever made

But serious, the icons for 360 and PS3 don't mean anything more than this does:

M24JBNW.png

There's a section of the unminified CSS, ~line 4900 or so that starts going into "preorder" classes, and there are classes within this section for PS4 and Xbox One and PC. There aren't any in hre for 360, PS3, or Mac.

So... take that for what it's worth.

Derp

An announcement to announce that there will be an announcement at E3 that announces the game.

You heard it here first.

Golicz

Banned
How likely is this a 2015 release? I would shit my pants.

All this talk of cross-gen would make a 2015 release date an absolute must, IMO, otherwise having a cross-gen game released in 2016, i.e. nearly three years after the arrival of the new consoles, would be a bit odd.

Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but, I don't remember any AAA 'open world' games released in 2008 which were cross-gen with the ps2.
I'll probably be bombarded by examples disproving my assumption.

rezn0r

Guys I went to lunch and came back feeling differently. I take back what I said about not caring. I do care. If this has any last-gen versions I'm going get really depressed.

plz don't shoot me

Yeah, Fallout 3 and New Vegas are pretty much just like the Elder Scrolls. The older games are much different.

They are pretty janky, but also really fucking good. Especially New Vegas.

Derp

But serious, the icons for 360 and PS3 don't mean anything more than this does:

M24JBNW.png

There's a section of the unminified CSS, ~line 4900 or so that starts going into "preorder" classes, and there are classes within this section for PS4 and Xbox One and PC. There aren't any in hre for 360, PS3, or Mac.

So... take that for what it's worth.
Nice find. Feeling more confident now!

It's just ridiculous to base the idea of cross gen on the existence of icons. There are also icons for Android, Instagram, Twitter, Vine, and more. OMG BETHESDA WILL RELEASE THE GAME ON INSTAGRAM.

Dennis

Banned
Please for the love of God not crossgen.

The thought of Fallout 4 being constrained by hardware from 2005 is making me legit nauseous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom