• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda releases E3 invite, teases two new unveils (that are not the IPs shown)

What do you think Bethesda is announcing (see the two "Under Construction" areas)

Results are only viewable after voting.

kami_sama

The position of the different IPs is interesting. On the right we have Doom and Quake, while on the left we have Prey and Dishonored. The first ones are from id, while the right ones are developed by arkane, interesting, but I don't know if it means anything.

Anyway my bet for Bethesda Softworks new game is a online survival crafting thing ala Ark, Day Z etc....

It just seems like a logical step for them if the rumors of it not being another Bethesda style RPG are true.

It would build off the crafting / building elements already in Fallout 4 and Skyrim.
Didnt they put up job postings looking for online people?
There is already a level of jank inherent to that genre so Bethesda could fit right in with the 10 man team, stuck in early access games.
Its super hot right now and there is probably a big market for it on console. Ark is doing extremely well and that game is a hot mess on console.

Mikey Jr.

If Wolfenstein is "look at ground to pick up every single God damn thing, even ammo" I'm not going to bother with the game.

Quit 2 hours into the original because I couldn't take it anymore.

Also playing it gave me a throbbing headache constantly.

Anyway my bet for Bethesda Softworks new game is a online survival crafting thing ala Ark, Day Z etc....

It just seems like a logical step for them if the rumors of it not being another Bethesda style RPG are true.

It would build off the crafting / building elements already in Fallout 4 and Skyrim.
Didnt they put up job postings looking for online people?
There is already a level of jank inherent to that genre so Bethesda could fit right in with the 10 man team, stuck in early access games.
Its super hot right now and there is probably a big market for it on console. Ark is doing extremely well and that game is a hot mess on console.

I agree, I don't care for such online games, but it's the next logical step. Like they did with Fallout Shelter, just a small team working on it and they can expand on it if it's getting popular.

OT: The Bethesda conference is (with Sony) the most exciting one for me, as a SP gamer. I just hope the next wolfenstein keeps the strengths of the first game and isn't pushing an online mode into it that would take away from the SP part. Machine games is probably a rather small studio.
And I wouldn't mind an old fashioned Doom expansion pack.

I've reached a point in my gaming life where I really don't give a fuck about their titles if it isn't like the elder scrolls or fallout. Or another open world styled rpg.

jelly

If Wolfenstein is "look at ground to pick up every single God damn thing, even ammo" I'm not going to bother with the game.

Quit 2 hours into the original because I couldn't take it anymore.

Also playing it gave me a throbbing headache constantly.

Totally agree, that annoyed me so much. Never played it again.

Does "Pardon Our Dust" have any significance? Like is it a hint to what it could be or do you think it's just for decoration?

Surprised no one else is picking up on that. It's gotta mean something. That and the green hills makes me doubt it's Evil Within. The excessive street cones makes me think racing game?

The other construction zone is almost certainly Wolfenstein

Stiler

It's not going to be the new Elder Scrolls.

They already said before they were working on two new IP's and elder scrolls was simply in early concept at this point.

So my bet is that is what they are going to show/tease, things that are completely new.

Hopefully they've changed engines for their new projects.

Some Nobody

I'm still not convinced Starfield is an actual thing, but if it is they wouldn't be showing it until it was ready for launch, right? Remember they said that was a thing they wanted to do from now on.

I'm still not convinced Starfield is an actual thing, but if it is they wouldn't be showing it until it was ready for launch, right? Remember they said that was a thing they wanted to do from now on.

I think it might be. It's definitely a possibility. Howard and Hines were pretty candid last year that they have two projects the size of Fallout 4 that will release before ES6. They've also ramped up the studio rapidly in the last year. My thoughts are that Starfield(or whatever the first game is), started development with a small team in 2014 (or even 2013), and hit it's stride in 2015. A three year turnaround is what they kept to last gen, which means a distinct possibility of release this year if the plan is to lower that.

It would also make more sense for Wolfenstein to release in the spring, it would get eaten alive this Fall, and with Evil Withins presumed engine switch, next year seems a better fit. In any case, I'm certain that the next 3 games that come from Bethesda will be; Wolf, The Evil Within, and a new BGS Ip. The question that remains is positioning of the titles.

I feel like everyone is WAY overthinking the "pardon our dust" sign. It's more than likely just part of the "under construction" theme, not a meaningful tease as to what is next.

The two teases are, almost without question, Wolfenstein: The New Colossus and The Evil Within 2. The former was teased at E3 last year, the latter is well in development, and unless my memory was faulty both were assumed to be at E3 last year (weren't they leaked alongside Quake, Prey, Skyrim Enhanced, and the Fallout 4 DLC?).

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Special Edition, please !

My dream that won't happen is a Fallout 3/NV compilation remaster, though Oblivion would be cool as well.

Unfortunately, I don't see Bethseda ever bothering with the amount of effort remastering any of those games would take. Skyrim was incredibly easy to bring over relatively speaking and likely cost a mere fraction of what remastering those games would take.

I still think we're going to get a teaser for ESVI sooner than later. I know technically it's an IP featured in the photo, but that's clearly ESO. And one of the construction sites happens to be right next to it. Just a guess though.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
I'd be more than happy with Doom 2 and a new elder scrolls game. It feels like we just had one, but remember that skyrim was just a remaster of a game that came out in 2011!! Not counting ESO, that's a looooong time!

Chumley

Banned
Doom is on that picture and they're done with all of the MP DLC, so that basically means there must be some kind of announcement related. Either an expansion or sequel. The "in construction" things are Wolfenstein and TEW 2 probably.

Jumpman23

They announce Metroid releasing next year on the Switch. Nintendo went out of their way with the Skyrim announcement which seems like that game is a test bed for the platform so Bethesda can get their feet wet before taking Samus to the ball.

Gotta be evil within 2 and Wolfenstien

I was hoping we would also get to see what BSG is working on. Also Fallout land is missing from that map other than pipboy on main street.

Dmax3901

Evil Within and Wolfenstein only ones not represented there, is the one to the right (east?) Quake?

I guess Fallout isn't there either unless the Entrance counts.

I was hoping we would also get to see what BSG is working on. Also Fallout land is missing from that map other than pipboy on main street.

That middle is Fallout land. Look closer. The wanderer and dog are there, the buildings looks like Concord, and the gas station's there. I assume the GOTY edition of Fallout will be announced.

Wedzi

Banned
New Wolfenstein and Evil Within games sound about right. I hope both are running on the same tech the new Doom used.

Mett

Would love to see more Fallout but I don't think we will get that for some time. Wolfenstein is pretty much a sure bet I think given they have teased it since last year.

Wet 2
Rogue Warrior 2
New Wolfenstein and Evil Within games sound about right. I hope both are running on the same tech the new Doom used.

Wolfenstein? Sure. Given how hard Tequila Games crashed and burned with idtech5, tho, i'd rather see them using something like u4.

Wedzi

Banned
Wet 2
Rogue Warrior 2

Wolfenstein? Sure. Given how hard Tequila Games crashed and burned with idtech5, tho, i'd rather see them using something like u4.

Had no idea they used idetch for Evil Within lol. All I know is that game ran poorly and I sure hope the sequel doesn't suffer from the same technical issues.

Top Bottom