• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Biggest douchebag animal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axion22

I didn't see pandas mentioned yet.

We are trying really hard to make more of them and they don't even want to breed.

I am stunned by the chimp video . . . I wasn't expecting that. Especially because I quickly read the title of the video 'Chimp rages a frog".

That chimp is a douchebag.

DemiMatt

Mr Solo Dolo said:
orca-killer-whale_l.jpg

wow thats horrifying, story?

DonMigs85

DemiMatt said:
wow thats horrifying, story?
I believe that's from the movie "Orca"
Can't blame the poor bloke for seeking revenge though since his wife was harpooned and spontaneously aborted their calf.

JohnTuk

Banned
Holy Shit at the snapping turtle one.

For some reason, I keep picturing a dude getting ripped in half by a shark, then swimming up.... ewwww

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I had a hummingbird just hovering above me today, dive bombing towards my head every so often. I truly think he just wanted to be a dick and harass me cause he was bored.

Also, this mean sumbitch was chilling on a rock out back in the water so I snapped a picture of him. That seemed to piss him off.

tuuuurtle.jpg

Mumei

KevinCow said:
This pelican.

1215vno.jpg

Birds just be chillin' and he's suddenly all like "MOTHERFUCKER I EAT YOU" to some poor pigeon.

Have you seen the actual video? You'd think that stupid pelican would give up after get its throat lacerated from the inside.

Arthrus said:
The whole process takes like 5 seconds. Not like he spent a few minutes playing around with a drowning, ripped-up mouse first.

mh I think there is a cut (pun not intended) between the turtle rips it in half and the mouse swimming away. Can't be too long of course.

I searched for original video and its actually a compilation Oo
The bitchslap move of the Turle is probably supposed to decapitate them, but in most cases it just shreds them apart or skinning them with the mouse/rat still living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GydyA_cVJNA (again, WARNING, gore stuff)

a big douchebag move was also just holding the intact rat while it tries to swim up, waiting for it to drown :(

though I guess the real douchebag animal was the human for throwing rodents in that aquarium to film the slaughter (they normally eat fish etc but don't really care).

at least he didn't push that guinea pig in...

Someone already posted the hardcore turtle gif of the Turtle that completely destroys a Mouse, as it gets chopped in half and still tries to swim...

The video on Youtube is even worse. It shows it rocked out a much longer version to some heavy metal music, and it's just brutal.
It actually makes me think, as I freakin love decapitation and body mutilation in games. I don't even think about it at all. I remember I didn't buy NG when it came out for Xbox in the first 6 months because I was so angry they censored the head cutting of the enemies. i thought it took away from my enjoyment of the game.

Another one that is really bad is this youtube video. It shows a giant ass snake going at it on a pig. What you see is how it squeezes the pig so hard that the shit gets pushed out through it's asshole. It's absolutely disturbing and fucked up... MOTHERFUCKING douchebag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNTCZI0B5Jg < "I hate snakes!" as Indy said. jesus christ.

I mind it much less when a honey badger fucks up a snake bad as I have no quralls with people hurting snakes and insects. I am a biased, stupid motherfucker in that regard. I like the cute animals but could care less about the scary and creepy ones. Totally guilty on that.

Axion22 said:
I didn't see pandas mentioned yet.

We are trying really hard to make more of them and they don't even want to breed.
Maybe we should take the hint and stop trying to make more of them for our pleasure.

Buttchin

SolidusDave said:
mh I think there is a cut (pun not intended) between the turtle rips it in half and the mouse swimming away. Can't be too long of course.

I searched for original video and its actually a compilation Oo
The bitchslap move of the Turle is probably supposed to decapitate them, but in most cases it just shreds them apart or skinning them with the mouse/rat still living.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GydyA_cVJNA (again, WARNING, gore stuff)

a big douchebag move was also just holding the intact rat while it tries to swim up, waiting for it to drown :(

though I guess the real douchebag animal was the human for throwing rodents in that aquarium to film the slaughter (they normally eat fish etc but don't really care).

at least he didn't push that guinea pig in...

that turtle specifically is defiantely a douche, as is its owner (douche by proxy)... are mice a normal part of snapping turtle diets? i thought fish would be more prevalent?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Buttchin said:
that turtle specifically is defiantely a douche, as is its owner (douche by proxy)... are mice a normal part of snapping turtle diets? i thought fish would be more prevalent?
is it less douchy to eat live fish?

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Funky Functionality said:
Wild goose chase :lol

One time me and two friends were walking down a street, my friend pushing his bike, when we were confronted with a family of Geese. It was spring in Canada, and the family had 3 baby geese running around. Anyway these baby geese must not have had their "stay away from people" instinct, because they came up to us and started to poke around at our feet. The parents got PISSED. Started hissing at us and shit and started to... I don't know, faux-cobra strike at us. We back the shit up, but the babies just keep following us, my friend had a lot of trouble moving around with his bike in tow, trying to avoid running over the geese. Anyhoo, my other friend desperately looks around for some tool to distract the geese, he sees something on the ground, picks it up and realizes it's one of those plastic wrapped pair of crackers. He tears it open, crumbles them in his palm and tosses them at the parents, they are immediately distracted with eating and me and him use this opportunity to flee past.

Unfortunately my friend with his bike was still avoiding crushing the babies, the parents made short work of the crackers and went after him, were trying to get him through the spokes of his bike. Eventually after like 3 minutes of trying (and 3 minutes of us laughing) he made it past.

Geese are kind of awesome.

siddx

DonMigs85 said:
I'm sure they do, speared fish get frantic and try to rub against things to get it off

That doesn't necessarily indicate they feel pain. A creature can register dangerous situations or environments without feeling actual pain. Lobsters for instance can sense even the smallest change in water temperature through their antennae, but aren't able to feel pain. They frantically try to escape a pot of boiling water because they register that the water they are in is dangerous and they will die. It isn't pain or fear, it's just instinct.

I don't know about fish though, I've heard conflicting information about the complexity of their brains and nerves and whether they can feel pain.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I frequently go out and shoot (photography) in the woods. Came inside, felt something on my arm, was a tick. I freaked the fuck out. Took off my shirt, scanned my body, there was another one inside the collar of my t-shirt. FUCK. Definitely wearing a long sleeve shirt and a hat next time I go out into the woods but even then the wonderful warm embrace of ignorance is gone, now I can't just stroll the woods all hippie like.

Mudkips

Banned
missbreedsiddx said:
That doesn't necessarily indicate they feel pain. A creature can register dangerous situations or environments without feeling actual pain. Lobsters for instance can sense even the smallest change in water temperature through their antennae, but aren't able to feel pain. They frantically try to escape a pot of boiling water because they register that the water they are in is dangerous and they will die. It isn't pain or fear, it's just instinct.

I don't know about fish though, I've heard conflicting information about the complexity of their brains and nerves and whether they can feel pain.

I can stab a human and see all of the same reactions as a fish, an insect, etc.
I have no reason to believe a human feels, thinks, or is conscious any more than I do for any other life form.
As far as I know, they're all just exhibiting the hard-wired reactions of systems of various complexity.

Living things that react to harmful stimuli feel pain.
This is what pain is.

The degree to which they express it and the degree to which it distresses them very, but to suggest that fish or insect don't feel pain is baseless, illogical, and arrogant.

It is by far Jerry the mouse.

If you watch that one episode of Tom and Jerry where spike gives his son and in doing his duty to catch mice tom accidentally gets ike(spike's son) dirty. Jerry fucks with tom the whole time

lets do a rundown shall we?

- After spike cleans ike again he demands that tom makes sure ike doesnt get dirty again or else he'll kick tom's ass. During this jerry is watching and laughing at tom.

- later tom again sees jerry and starts to chase him ...what does jerry do? he runs right to ike and then stops tom and draws a tic tac toe board on ike then hands tom the pencil the two play a game and tom wins...then tom realizes what just happened and goes to wash off ike again.

-Jerry comes with ink this time and puts it on ike. tom flips out and tries to wash it off but it isnt coming off so he decides to repaint ike in his proper colors. that piece of shit jerry goes and pushes the table tom has the paint on over so that tom paints ike in the wrong colors.

-tom goes to get water from a hose to get the paint off and jerry unhooks the hose from the faucet and hooks it up to a tar tap which then causes ike to be further soiled with tar.

...all this because tom is trying to do his duty as a cat? fuck you jerry that snapping turtle drowning and ripping the mouse in half is too good of a death for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slicked-up_Pup

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
G-Fex said:
Well Mice feel pain and fish don't.

Least I heard they don't.

fish supposedly don't feel pain around their mouths, that's probably what you're thinking of.

siddx

Mudkips said:
I can stab a human and see all of the same reactions as a fish, an insect, etc.
I have no reason to believe a human feels, thinks, or is conscious any more than I do for any other life form.
As far as I know, they're all just exhibiting the hard-wired reactions of systems of various complexity.

Living things that react to harmful stimuli feel pain.
This is what pain is.

The degree to which they express it and the degree to which it distresses them very, but to suggest that fish or insect don't feel pain is baseless, illogical, and arrogant.

You are adorably naive but thats why gaf loves you.
We know human's feel pain because they physically have the ability to do so. The brain, spinal cord and nervous system allows us to do so. In many other creatures, such as lobster, they lack the complexity in those systems to be able to process pain. This isn't a philosophical debate about what pain is, it's simply biologically impossible for certain creatures to experience pain.

DonMigs85

missbreedsiddx said:
We know human's feel pain because they physically have the ability to do so. The brain, spinal cord and nervous system allows us to do so. In many other creatures, such as lobster, they lack the complexity in those systems to be able to process pain. This isn't a philosophical debate about what pain is, it's simply biologically impossible for certain creatures to experience pain.
I get what you're trying to say, but even if the creature doesn't know what pain is, I'm sure stabbing it in the gut probably triggers a very terrible sensation that it wants to do away with ASAP. Just as you instinctively take your hand away if you touch a hot surface. Also a lobster wouldn't be trying to escape a boiling pot if it didn't "feel" uncomfortable.
Fish can even feel itchy too you know. My fish with a case of ich would always rub against a rock.

345triangle said:
cicadas, hands down

I actually saw one of these things in the wild for the first time the other day. Thing was huge and had the biggest, most sickening eyes I've ever seen on a bug. That said, he was rather mild mannered, he didn't seem to be doing anything but hanging out on the asphalt.

siddx

DonMigs85 said:
I get what you're trying to say, but even if the creature doesn't know what pain is, I'm sure stabbing it in the gut probably triggers a very terrible sensation that it wants to do away with ASAP. Just as you instinctively take your hand away if you touch a hot surface. Also a lobster wouldn't be trying to escape a boiling pot if it didn't "feel" uncomfortable.
Fish can even feel itchy too you know. My fish with a case of ich would always rub against a rock.

This is where it gets hard for people to grasp the concept of it, it was for me as well and still is to some degree. We associate actions like jerking our hand away with pain, and assume that all defensive motions made my creatures are for the same reaction. It's hard to grasp the idea of pure instinct, of reaction not because of pain but because one of your few basic functions allow you to understand situations that are bad for your survival odds. To separate pain from instinct is hard for us, seeing as we do almost everything based on whether it feels good/bad.

Azuran

Banned
Hyenas.

Steal other people's food and eat their preys alive. Nothing more than a bunch of assholes. At least they are nice enough not to waste any food.

Bed bugs

Cockroaches

Zebra Mussels

Wasps are badass

Blue Jays are notoriously mean, but mostly to other birds.

I heard you can hit a japanese hornet with a baseball bat and they wont flinch.

It's definitely the little guys that are the most douchebag like. The big ones you can avoid and the big ones get tired and don't mass produce like the little ones.

TheLastCandle said:
I actually saw one of these things in the wild for the first time the other day. Thing was huge and had the biggest, most sickening eyes I've ever seen on a bug. That said, he was rather mild mannered, he didn't seem to be doing anything but hanging out on the asphalt.

They're completely harmless but annoying for sure. I don't know how far their call can reach but it must be half a mile.

Shin_Kojima said:
Maybe we should take the hint and stop trying to make more of them for our pleasure.
They're not even suppose to be herbivores, which is why they need to eat tons and tons of very specific plants.

Of all the endagered species, Pandas may be one that was actually on a natural path to extinction.

MadraptorMan said:
Hippos are EASILY the biggest douchebag animals. Or maybe they are worse...biggest a-holes?

Anyway, I hate hippos. They kill more people in Africa every year than lions do, and they aren't even carnivorous.

Actually they recently discovered that hippos can in fact eat meat sometimes, and in fact their own dead (saw it on nat geo or something like that). So the fuckers are not only douchbags, but also cannibals.

Mudkips

Banned
missbreedsiddx said:

You are 100% wrong.

1: Define pain
2: Define the physical processes by which is it "felt"
3: Define the entity that "feels" said pain
4: Categorize which organisms have said physiology to feel pain
5: Categorize which organisms have the necessary awareness to "feel" something, as an entity

If you cannot do all of these things, then you cannot say what can and what can't feel pain.
For all I know you are a soulless, unfeeling organism.
Prove to me otherwise.

(Hint: It's impossible to prove to me otherwise.)

missbreedsiddx said:
This is where it gets hard for people to grasp the concept of it, it was for me as well and still is to some degree. We associate actions like jerking our hand away with pain, and assume that all defensive motions made my creatures are for the same reaction. It's hard to grasp the idea of pure instinct, of reaction not because of pain but because one of your few basic functions allow you to understand situations that are bad for your survival odds. To separate pain from instinct is hard for us, seeing as we do almost everything based on whether it feels good/bad.

Again, wrong.
The pain of burning your hand, and the reaction involved is what you refer to as "instinct".

People who claim certain organisms are incapable of feeling pain love the word "instinct" because it implies a process that involves no willful thought. It does not, however, imply a process that has no effect on the organism.

Your desire to eat, drink, and breathe is instinct.
So denying you food, water, and air is somehow not painful or cruel?

I'm not sure if its considered a type of wasp but I'm surprised nobody has specifically mentioned yellow jackets. Just try to have a nice picnic without these jerkfaces buzzing all over your food and attacking you if you try to swat it away. They are more of a douchebag than a typical wasp imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom