• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bill Nye Saves the World Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Sex Junk - Rachel Bloom - Bill Nye Saves The World

One of the greatest atrocities in the history of mankind.

There are no words for what I have just seen.

My god.

putersmash.gif

Watching the first episode feels like Bill Nye doesn't even want to do this show. Like there is a layer of anger he wants to unleash!! lol

That music video - omg... whylol

I tapped out a quarter of the way through the first episode. I wasn't even watching it, just wanted some background noise, but it was just so awkward and the jokes didn't land. When he pulled the surfer lingo during the thermal demonstration, I figured it'd be best if I just started watched the MST3K revival again.

Watched episode 1. What the fuck? Shit was so cringey. They say this is for adults but it feels like it's targeted at youtube watching teens. Desiigner? Does anyone over 30 even know who that is? The constant fist bumps. The annoying as fuck audience. Bill tries way to hard to be hip and cool. I also hated how he didn't give the nuclear power guy a chance to respond to the argument.

Obscura

Add me to the cringe list.

Bad jokes plus an audience (WHY) made me turn off the first episode a quarter way in.

Glad it's working for some people though.

This is when I turned off the show.

Extremely elementary explanations of important concepts. Check

Bill Nye trying to act 'young and hip'. Check

Bill Nye being a closed minded jackass in the panelist discussions. Check (this was the worst, nuclear needs to be a huge part of the effort to combat climate change according to all experts)

Shitty live audience. Check

That 'comedy' bit was the last straw. Who green lit this train wreck?

The whole production just seemed wrong. I'm not sure who they were trying to speak to with this show. If you agree with the topics it is really dumbed down and entrylevel stuff (very preaching to the choir), if you disagree, Nye and the whole production come off as condescending. The entertainment value is low, its not even fun to watch, a whole lot of jokes with non-existent punchlines, guests few people care about, random lulls with literally nothing happening (finding instruments and changing into lab coat) and cohosts with no charisma. I feel bad for anyone involved with this train wreck. Please Bill, just stop.

Watching a bit further on. I'm starting to agree with everyone else
Shit jokes
Pointless "experts" panel
Not all that much going on
Shitty guests

I would have never guessed in 2017 that Morgan Freeman and Seth MacFarlane would have made infinitely better science shows than Bill Nye... you know... the science guy.

What a trainwreck. Couldn't even finish the first episode, I have to make sure netflix erases all memory of me watching it so it doesn't recommend anything even close to it.

DrSlek

I don't think it's as bad as you're all making out. Some glaringly questionable sections aside, it's okay...but not great.

WillyFive

This show tries it's best to emulate the Bill Maher show.

Why????

NDT did a phenomenal reboot of Cosmos; Bill Nye's people should have done the same for this show, a thoughtful and edgy re-imagining of The Science Guy. This show is too slow paced, too awkward.

I like it. I wish hipster douchebags wouldn't show up every thirty seconds but the topics are interesting. The climate change episode is a bit cringe, but the second episode was better and the AI episode is also pretty cool.

If you want a more in depth look at AI go to the Computerphile YouTube channel and watch, in order, everything on the topic by Rob Miles, but especially this one.

https://youtu.be/tcdVC4e6EV4

Watching the first episode feels like Bill Nye doesn't even want to do this show. Like there is a layer of anger he wants to unleash!! lol

That music video - omg... whylol
He's been reeking hostility for the past 20 or so years. I remember seeing him on Larry King in the early 2000s and wondering what happened to him. He came off as a huge asshole even though I agreed with 99% of what he had to say... like he was perpetually cranky and put off by other humans. So when he tries to go back into goofy science presenter mode it really doesn't come off as genuine anymore. It's just awkward and uncomfortable.

Deepwater

He's been reeking hostility for the past 20 or so years. I remember seeing him on Larry King in the early 2000s and wondering what happened to him. He came off as a huge asshole even though I agreed with 99% of what he had to say... like he was perpetually cranky and put off by other humans. So when he tries to go back into goofy science presenter mode it really doesn't come off as genuine anymore. It's just awkward and uncomfortable.

I'd be pissed too if I was still doing TV episodes about climate change in 2017.

Kenstar

What's with all the dislikes??
If the show's geared toward the younger crowd, I think this is great. The song and performance is hip with a great message, so the kids watching should dig it.
This is a GOOD thing fellas.

so THIS is how terrible things get greenlit

RSP

Glad to see I'm not the only one who disliked it.

Oh now that you're shouting to me about climate change, I really understand how important it is.

subrock

Watched 2 episodes and noped out. I wish they took a more approachable angle but instead it seemed like they were just snarkily bitching about every issue. Not entertained

Slacker

My Sex Junk - Rachel Bloom - Bill Nye Saves The World

One of the greatest atrocities in the history of mankind.

There are no words for what I have just seen.

My ears folded themselves shut and may never open again. Good grief. Delete all the 'try not to cringe' compilations on the internet, we have a new world champion.

Far be it for me to judge because my singing can be used to torture prisoners but would anyone have cared if this were lip-synced? I doubt it, and then it wouldn't be sung horribly off-key by a singer who sounded out of breath after about a minute.

And the audience LOVED it?!? Who the hell are these people? LOL yer vagina does a voice now that's some funny science!

And kids, please don't give strangers handjobs, then congratulate yourselves. The More You Know™.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom