• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode Two |OT| The Debt Is Paid

FartOfWar

Banned
Thanks! I forgot that thing is useful for more than clocking people. :lol I actually looked up more than once but never saw the prompts for some reason. That arrow was trolling me, I kept thinking I was supposed to jump!

Oh god. It's terrifying to think that people are playing and not using the hangpoints. Especially in that area.

Soonri

This thing is a bitch near the end on 1998. Those firemen-like guys (don't know what they were called) Are annoying as hell since they don't die to handcannon shots and only tranquilizer darts. Getting close to them is out of the question.
Yeah, that part was tough for me since I had like one tranq dart left and not enough salts/EVE for Old Man Winter. Luckily I'd got both Peeping Tom upgrades and just sat there waiting for the Houdini Splicers to just teleport in front of me, lol.
The fuck just happened. I don't even know if I want to finish this.

Edit: Ok. So that was really cool... really cool and easily the best piece of DLC I've played.
Far out. I had the same "that's bullshit" reaction to the DLC as I did to the main game. I wasn't expecting that. There were so many highlights on the way to the end. All up, it was complete fan service for the fan of Infinite and/or Bioshock and at the same time it was a kick in guts.
I'm a bit speechless right now and a bit unsure what to think. I don't think I want to consider BaS as canon but it's irrefutable that that was an awesome and well thought out ride in the end.

If there's one thing that I'm taking away from Burial at Sea, it's that it's complete bullshit that I'm not going to get an Irrational developed continuation to the series. If any of the team from Irrational end up in Australia during their travels, I'll buy you a beer.
Agreed!

Fuchsdh

Me too, I felt so stupid. Peeping Tom actually highlights the skyhooks too.

I dunno if it was just me though but I feel like they dialed down the "magnetism" for the skyhooks--I had to be in a much smaller zone for it to prompt me to grab it, whereas in Infinite proper I felt like I was launching myself fifty feet to snag one.

I dunno if it was just me though but I feel like they dialed down the "magnetism" for the skyhooks--I had to be in a much smaller zone for it to prompt me to grab it, whereas in Infinite proper I felt like I was launching myself fifty feet to snag one.

I'm not sure. Sometimes it felt that way but there were others where I could get it to work from a mile away.

FartOfWar

Banned

This is actually a side effect of ceilings on jump parabolas.

_machine

Finished it and can't help feeling a bit sad (in a good way, though) now. It's been an amazing ride here from the first Bioshock to the sequel and Minerva's Den and now it's come to an end. I wholeheartedly want to thank Irrational, 2K Marin and 2K Games for this beautiful experience and wish them all the best in the future.

Grisby

Started playing some of the season pass stuff the other day.

Clash in the Clouds:
Having a lot of fun with this. I've been playing this first before going into the episodes. I felt like the combat encounters were a little off in the vanilla game but I'm having a lot of fun going through the waves here. Interested in filling out the museum.

Episode 1:
Being back in Rapture was great, especially since it's before the 'fall'. It's a shame the npcs couldn't have been more organic with their conversations. I had fun though, just revisiting the cold and moody areas under the sea. I wish their would have been some more detective stuff or something going on.

The ending had me laughing but it was cool to see the hints and lead up to it. Elizabeth has sure grown up and her VA has been doing a super job.

Episode 2:
Only played the intro and a section or so after. That intro though and the color. Really cool how
Elizabeth was humming along to the tunes
. The story has already gone off the deep end 5 deep ends ago but I'm curious to see out play out all the same.

I'm digging the stealth stuff and it's working surprisingly well with the engine. I think I'm gonna try to do a no kill run so I can unlock 1999 mode or whatever it was called.

leng jai

I regret playing Episode 2 on medium. The enemies are unbelievably dumb with a field of view of about 5cm and a distance of not much more.

Grisby

Great stuff. I haven't even touched Clash in the Clouds for some reason... which is odd as I love the combat in Infinite. Are there unique voxophone recordings to collect or is it purely combat based?
Yeah, it's a nice little package.

Mostly the stuff you collect is concept art and models. There are some behind the scenes videos but I haven't unlocked any. Oh, and there are some music samples. It seem a little on the low side but I liked having a big ass model of Songbird front and center.

No voxo stuff.

I just got a glitch at the point where you
Return to Rapture to put the hair in the tube.
The whole area is just black and I can't move, did anyone else come across this and do you know of any work around?

Fuchsdh

Great stuff. I haven't even touched Clash in the Clouds for some reason... which is odd as I love the combat in Infinite. Are there unique voxophone recordings to collect or is it purely combat based?

Concept art, models and full recordings of some of the covers. As someone who found the combat in Infinite as pretty tedious, it's less so in CitC because you have such a greater variety of combat options and the skyhook usually plays a much bigger role.

I can't figure out if I'm experiencing a bug or not here. Can someone confirm if there is an invisible, fire throwing enemy on the way back to Fontain's office?

I can't figure out if I'm experiencing a bug or not here. Can someone confirm if there is an invisible, fire throwing enemy on the way back to Fontain's office?

If you're at the part of the DLC I think you're at, then yes, that is a real enemy and not a bug.
It's a Houdini splicer. You should've seen a few already by now.

EDIT: Well, if they're ALWAYS invisible, then yeah, that's probably a bug. My guess is that they're not.

If you're at the part of the DLC I think you're at, then yes, that is a real enemy and not a bug.
It's a Houdini splicer. You should've seen a few already by now.

EDIT: Well, if they're ALWAYS invisible, then yeah, that's probably a bug. My guess is that they're not.

Right, this is why I'm confused. He's always invisible... He's walking across the water below a skyhook near a stairway.

neoism

guys does anyone know if I can play this on a 64gb thumb drive? I have a 250ssd and the 41 GB download is fucking ridiculous.. :/ But I have waited for it I haven't played BaS ep 1 so looking forward to both.... Got the season pass a year ago.

Grisby

Respawning enemies in episode 2 is a bit of a bummer. Luckily you can knock them out pretty easily though (dumb as nuts).
Very cool, cheers. Now that I think of it, it's actually pretty awesome to still have some new Bioshock Infinite content left to consume after BaS. I'm almost glad that I ignored it while impatiently waiting for the BaS episodes to release.
I was wrong btw. Apparently there are Voxophones, was a nice surprise.

Dead

well not really...yet
One of my favorite things to do in this DLC is aerial takedowns in the wide open spaces. Attach to a ceiling hook, swoop down behind an enemy and do a stealth take down. So fucking satisfying.

I reallllllly wish there was a way they could re-introduce these stealth elements in the main game lol, but I don't think it would work too well.

Put in another 2 hours last night and got to the point where you
you need to go to Fontaine's office after Ryan sicks his goons on you
, and while I don't agree that this is better than Left Behind, it's easily top 5 DLC Ive ever played and it really feels essential to the BIoshock experience, like this is the true last act of the game, in a weird Stephen King way or something.

No_Style

Twas a bit of a mind bender but Burial at Sea was good fun. I loved it. What a send off from Irrational Games. Great job!

That definitely happened to me as well and it was annoying. You can't shoot him with a plasmid when he's invisible because it goes through him but he'll still alert everybody to your presence. I ended up just having to run through that section and it made me mad because I wanted to collect stuff.

FartOfWar

Banned
One of my favorite things to do in this DLC is aerial takedowns in the wide open spaces. Attach to a ceiling hook, swoop down behind an enemy and do a stealth take down. So fucking satisfying.

I reallllllly wish there was a way they could re-introduce these stealth elements in the main game lol, but I don't think it would work too well.

Oh man, I pitched a next-gen BI edition that involved this. It would, of course, have required a ton of work.

Grisby

Jesus, just got past the part where (maybe 2/3rd of the way)
Elizabeth is tortured
. The VA really stepped up her game on this.

That whole exchange and sequence was brilliant. Lovely piece of DLC so far, except for the respawning enemies.

leng jai

I guess they never fixed the weird frame rate drops on the Pc version. It runs at 60fps on my 570 90% of the time but it seems to plummet down to 30 every now and again.

Fuchsdh

Sweet Jesus, I would have loved to have seen a tweaked next gen version of Infinite.

I was reading that originally the architecture was supposed to me much more art nouveau-inspired but the technical considerations of trying to render a lot fo intricate flowing organic architecture would have been too problematic. Would have loved to see that in the city though (beyond the slight touches in the Emporia areas.

Dmax3901

So I asked this already but I have yet to find an answer. Is it possible to change ammo types with the crossbow? I'm stuck on the noise maker and I can't go back to regular darts.

Dmax3901

I'm on PC and had no need to bring up a weapon wheel due to the scroll on the mouse, just found it though, it's not even listed on the controls screen :/

Thanks!

Dead

well not really...yet
After beating this, im considering buying the Ultimate Rapture Edition of Bioshock for PS3. Were performance issues ever patched for the PS3 versions?

Varna

I love how even Elizabeth points out how pointless the ending to Infinite was near the end of the story.

I really enjoyed this DLC. Gameplay was just better all round (outside of that horrible stealth/wall hack combo) and didn't feel so disconnected from the story. Played both in 1999 mode and it felt almost like a survival horror game... Episode 2 especially.

I didn't like the original Bioshock all that much... but this game definitely makes me appreciate the setting and the overall story a lot more. But it's just crazy to me how they were basically willing to sacrifice all the implications of Infinite's ending just to go back to Rapture one last time and basically tell a story that really doesn't even matter in the grand scheme of things.

Top Bottom