• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

NAPK1NS

Well, I got a Season Pass. Throw whatever you want at me, Infinite is a hell of a fun shooter and I've gotten disgustingly good at the game (what with the 50 hours I have on it). Three servings of story DLC sound nice, but CitC allows for an aspect of replayability. I think I'll have fun. Come on 12:00!

Dibbz

Probably already discussed here but there was a lot of theorising around (Infinite spoilers)
the fact that Booker could use the Bathyspheres and they were only usable by people with certain DNA or some such crazy stuff. That lead people to say "BOOKER IS ANDREW RYAN"
at the time I thought that was dumb and didn't mean anything but maybe Ken and then team are exploring this idea?

What is there to say the Rapture you enter at the end is not an alternate Rapture different from Bioshock 1 where Booker can use the spheres? Not only that but Elizibeth has so much power at that point she could probably use them no problem.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
idoJZRz3xAfJH.gif

Well there goes that innocence that was so appealing. Lol

Neiteio

So then Booker Black Bars the Black Bar causing Elizabeth to Black Bar

God how dark would that be? Do they dare? I mean Booker and Elizabeth's personalities/demeanor will be slightly different I suppose.
Imagine an ending choice where you can reveal yourself as her father or decide to hide the truth and have sex with her taking advantage of her vulnerable state.
I'm sure we'd all do the right thing in that situation.

*cough*

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
So then Booker Black Bars the Black Bar causing Elizabeth to Black Bar

God how dark would that be? Do they dare? I mean Booker and Elizabeth's personalities/demeanor will be slightly different I suppose.
Imagine an ending choice where you can reveal yourself as her father or decide to hide the truth and have sex with her taking advantage of her vulnerable state.

I'm okay with this

Have some money in my steam account from selling cards which makes the season pass a bit cheaper. Now that we know Burial at Sea will cost 30$ it's a pretty good deal.

Splitting the detective story into two parts is freaking brilliant. A great way to under deliver on a season pass. Bioshock fans should count themselves lucky that it didn't get split into 3 parts like AC3. Still not as brilliant as selling the season pass for half off during the start of the steam sale, but pretty high level trolling.

I'm under the impression that it's Elizabeth being older past the Infinite timeline where everything got fixed. Constants and variables. There's still a chance that there's a timeline where she still doesn't have her finger and thus it's possible that Booker exists in this timeline where she grew up alongside him in that universe.

Concerning the age disparity. Could there be a timeline where Elizabeth is like in her 30's and Booker is the young naive boy that needs to be saved?

This can't be Anna though or can it? She grows up and travels to Rapture because she feels like belongs there, is pulled by an invisible force and meets a guy who has the same name and looks as her Father? Elizabeth was the name given by Comstock

Neiteio

Splitting the detective story into two parts is freaking brilliant. A great way to under deliver on a season pass. Bioshock fans should count themselves lucky that it didn't get split into 3 parts like AC3. Still not as brilliant as selling the season pass for half off during the start of the steam sale, but pretty high level trolling.
Dat pessimism. Perhaps the Burial at Sea DLC will be substantial and each half unique? Aside from the obvious cliffhanger potential that comes with episodic storytelling, they've already said we'll play as Booker in one and Elizabeth in the other (!!), so it sounds rather interesting to me. :)

But yeah, I'd love them to make one more story beyond this -- one set in Columbia. I want to have my cake and eat it, too!

SuperSah

Banned
GAF, quick.

Is Bioshock Infinite on the Xbox 360 worth buying? I never played it and now may be a good time to jump in, I like the look of the Burial at Sea DLC.

Lach

Speculation with Infinite Spoilers:
I'm wondering how a Booker with the same general history as the one in Infinite would even be active in 1958. It seems like he is an established detective in Rapture, so having been pulled out of a previous time period seems less likely.

I just looked up his age and
according to a BS:I wiki he was born in 1874. That would mean in 1958 he's 84. So there seem's to be something fishy about this. Is he not the real Booker DeWitt? Or from another way different timeline where he was born later? Or is he simply that old in the game?

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
The Elizabeth in this
is most likely an inter-dimensional traveller too and not originally from this reality, maybe from a Comstock!reality where she manages to escape in a different manner. She's also missing the finger after all and we know how that happens, unless they're just putting that in this design as a nod to the character but that's highly unlikely.

mq7Mog2.jpg

Gartooth

Meh at the horde mode DLC.

Burial at Sea looks incredible though.
So am I right to assume that Booker and Elizabeth in the Burial at Sea DLC come from the same timeline as that of Bioshock 1 and 2? Meaning that the DLC is canon to those games but not to Bioshock Infinite where it is an alternate reality?

BFIB

What would had been amazing is

If Levine didn't think of the Infinite universe earlier. We could have had a DLC for BioShock 1 introducing DeWitt and Elizabeth showing the fall of Rapture. Then in BioShock Infinite, you are essentially playing the characters again, wondering through the entire game how all of this ties together.

I really wanted DLC about how Songbird came to be. Maybe in the last piece of DLC?

Well, I got a Season Pass. Throw whatever you want at me, Infinite is a hell of a fun shooter and I've gotten disgustingly good at the game (what with the 50 hours I have on it). Three servings of story DLC sound nice, but CitC allows for an aspect of replayability. I think I'll have fun. Come on 12:00!

You're dead to me, DEAD.

GAF, quick.

Is Bioshock Infinite on the Xbox 360 worth buying? I never played it and now may be a good time to jump in, I like the look of the Burial at Sea DLC.

Yes.

Looking at that BaS art I just realizaed that
Elizabeth is missing part of her finger so the jump between universes also happened to this Elizabeth, curious to see how that will work out. Ken says in the interview that this story is integrated into the story of the main game.

She's older and world weary. No tower to keep her locked up and No Comstock influence

EDIT:

Missing Finger?! I was wrong. This could be
Torture Elizabeth
. Meaner and tougher.

No it couldn't..?
Torture Elizabeth was fully committed to Colombia after said torture and would not have showed up in Rapture for no reason.
Think the speculation is getting a bit silly, seems very unlikely that the two characters being in this setting will be explained past
the multiple universes
and rightly so, that's a great explanation that doesn't steal time from the central narrative of the DLC.

Guys want to cringe at my stupidity?

I bought the season pass...but I have a region 3 version of the game that I purchased (cause I live in Taipei) and a Canadian PSN account.

There's no guarantee the game will even recognize the DLC.

(The system of region locked DLC is severely flawed. It's not consistent at all. It works with some games, for example Borderlands 2, and others it does not like most Sony first-party games like Uncharted 2 & 3)

If this DLC doesn't work for me, this will really fucking suck.

I keep forgetting Columbia and Rapture are parallel and can't exist in the same timeline.

Bioshock Infinite never happened. This might be before the events of Infinite. One Elizabeth opens a tear to Rapture as a young girl and decides to stay there.

Concerning the age disparity. Could there be a timeline where Elizabeth is like in her 30's and Booker is the young naive boy that needs to be saved?

This can't be Anna though or can it? She grows up and travels to Rapture because she feels like belongs there, is pulled by an invisible force and meets a guy who has the same name and looks as her Father? Elizabeth was the name given by Comstock

I think its the same Booker or at least a version of the same Booker we played in Infinite. He still has AD on his hand and looking at the .gif of Elizabeth smoking she has the Bird pendant Booker gave her.

Gorillaz

What? The challenge mode in BioShock 2 was kind of fun. Kind of. This looks a little better.
BS2 had better gameplay then infinite. Idk if infinite will be that good with horde mode.....but hey I like using the skyrail in firefights so who knows

Why are we black bar'in? People that haven't played infinite should not be in here.

I dunno, people who haven't finished the game or have yet to play it can still be interested in the DLC. I'm sure there's a few for whom it may even be a selling point if they for some reason didn't like Columbia.

BS2 had better gameplay then infinite. Idk if infinite will be that good with horde mode.....but hey I like using the skyrail in firefights so who knows

Nope. Infinite has punchier gunplay, the same dual wielding mechanic and skylines. Kind of funny how many people rip on the rather excellent combat in Infinite just because they don't like shooters or didn't like how prolific the violence became, yet praise the improved mechanics Bioshock 2 had over Bioshock 1.

NAPK1NS

I can't say I agree. BioShock 2 had a little more variety with its array of traps and hacking stuff, but the twitch shooter frenzy of Infinite was more captivating to me. Different strokes, maaaaan.

Lijik

dLZSQn3.jpg

So furore or satisfied?

A mix of both really. I wanted to learn more about the world of Columbia, so going back to Rapture yet again is really disappointing. At the same time the conceit of Burial at Sea is really cool.

Pretty mixed on Clash in the Clouds, kind of wish that was something else too instead of a horde mode but I guess its cool its set in Columbia,

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Did I just see Sofia Lamb in the Burial At Sea trailer?

I'm glad they didn't just erase Bioshock 2's story from existence. I really liked it

I hope so, there are some obvious parallels between Eleanor Lamb and Elizabeth and Sophia Lamb and Father Comstock, lots to explore there if they wanted.

Top Bottom