• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Horde) & Burial At Sea (Rapture) revealed

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Yes, what's presented so far shows it taking place in Rapture, but who's to say we won't end up back in Columbia somehow during the game. Dem tears, son.

Deitus

Completely uninterested in Horde mode DLC.

Not sure what to make of Burial at Sea. It avoids the issues of having story based DLC in a story centric game by existing in a different continuity (presumably), so that's a plus. And also, it seems like we will get a glimpse of Rapture pre-fall, which would be a first. But I'm assuming the story won't be canon (for obvious reasons,
though multiple universes could certainly account for all of that
), which could go either way for me honestly.

I'm really curious to see what Elizabeth's gameplay is like though. I hope it feels sufficiently unique (preferably with less focus on just straight up shooting guys in the face).

It is a bit pricy to buy piecemeal though. I think I'll wait until both episodes are out before I decide whether or not to pick up the DLC.

Sethista

I bought the season pass and I am not sorry. Basically I got CitC for free, since its 3 for price of 2, and an awesome story on the more interesting atmosphere of rapture.

I am just disappointed that they went the horde mode route. I don't get why they couldn't just make the burial at sea earlier, and then have a last DLC be about songbird, or something to that effect. Best of both worlds.

Hype in the clouds (or shoud I say, at the bottom of the sea?)

Anyone else wondering what the gameplay will be like in Burial at Sea? Wonder if the weapons will simply be the ones found in Rapture or if variations of the weapons from Columbia will be in there. Of course there will be no Sky hook which is something I enjoyed in Infinite. I'm pretty much just speculating on the first episode on Burial at Sea as the second has already been mentioned as being quite different.

Lijik

Bioshock Infinite was a hoard mode.

This week on Columbia Hoarders, what happens when one shop owner becomes too obsessed with fruit?
"I had to wait ten minutes for him to give me change out of the register because a giant pineapple was in the way and he refused to move it. Shopping has become a nightmare" "YOURE MY NIGHTMARE"

Odrion

Banned
I like how people are complaining about "thank god I didn't buy the season pass" and will buy both the buried at sea dlc....that means you would pay the same amount as the season pass

w2g
Exactly, we lost nothing by avoiding the season pass. AND we didn't have to pay it all up front.
idoJZRz3xAfJH.gif
The size differences between Elizabeth and Booker's hands always freak me out.

Dipswitch

Looks like I can grab this with my $30 2K pre-order credit at Amazon. I'll wait until the DLC is out before I grab it though. Never know if they might have a deal on the season pass between now and then......

Why are people saying they are better off not getting the season pass? It's only $19.99, Burial at Sea is $14.99 for each episode you'd be saving $10.00 even if you don't want Clash in the Clouds.

nded

The final DLC follows Elizabeth's adventures as part of a research and salvage team sent to Tau Ceti to investigate an ancient derelict starship that is definitely not the Von Braun, no sir.

Ce-Lin

I bought the season pass so I'm giving this 1st DLC a chance anyway, but 5 GB download ? how ? 2 more minutes now.

The final DLC follows Elizabeth's adventures as part of a research and salvage team sent to Tau Ceti to investigate an ancient derelict that is definitely not the Von Braun, no sir.

Elizabeth is the AI researcher who developed SHODAN based on her own personality.
She literally scans her brain into the machine not knowing the darkness that lies in her own subconscious

Shes becomes... A GHOST IN THE SHELL

I bought the season pass and I am not sorry. Basically I got CitC for free, since its 3 for price of 2, and an awesome story on the more interesting atmosphere of rapture.

I am just disappointed that they went the horde mode route. I don't get why they couldn't just make the burial at sea earlier, and then have a last DLC be about songbird, or something to that effect. Best of both worlds.

Hype in the clouds (or shoud I say, at the bottom of the sea?)

I get the sense the Burial at Sea really needs the time to be fully polished. It looks like an absolutely massive piece of DLC - a two-parter who will end up costing 50% of the base game. If that's representative of content length at equal quality - we're in for one hell of a treat.

Clash however, looks pretty easy to put together. No new assets, little-to-no new voicework, just some redesigned maps & a new scorekeeping system. Not to say I'm not excited (I actually liked Infinite's combat, the heathen that I am) - but it clearly took less work than Burial.

gogosox8

Pass on the first one. Looks like some shitty horde mode and I didn't really enjoy the combat enough to want to play a horde mode basically Second one looks very interesting. Kinda disappointed that we're going back to Rapture and not Columbia but he did say that it was a love letter of sorts so I have my fingers crossed.

Dysun

Burial at Sea looks great, will definitely get that.

Pass on the first one, no interest in arena shootbang. Not why I liked the game

iavi

I was really hoping for the Lutece's story. That sounded espionage as hell from the tapes picked up.

Burial at Sea is an absolute buy, though. Horde mode--no thanks.

Yondy604

Banned
My totally insane/dumb speculation about how Burial at Sea will tie into to Infinite:
Major SPOILERS for the ending of Infinite so don't highlight unless you've beaten it.

The Booker we play in Burial is one that was supposed to be taken to Columbia by the Luteces but from a malfunction/act of god/whatever is brought to pre-fall Rapture instead. This Booker creates new memories about himself living in Rapture during this time as a Private Detective like he did in his own time. Just like every Booker does when they come to Columbia. This timeline adjusts to accommodate Booker existing in this world.

Because of this timeline adjustment, this Booker was able to be spared from being erased by Elizabeth at the end. Now this is where the Elizabeth we play as in the new DLC comes in. At the end of the game we see the many Elizabeths start to disappear but the game cuts to black before we see the last one disappear. This is the Elizabeth we play as. The last one who didn't disappear who must come to Rapture to find Booker and tie up the last loose end.

Wow brilliant post

Curufinwe

The arena DLC isn't that bad. It really does make combat alot more fun.

Are you actually playing it? I might buy it if it's not too hard. If getting around half the trophies will be very difficult or a slog, then I'll skip it.

While it's cool to come full circle, it would have been nice to have a goddamn release date.

Announcement of a DLC with no timeframe? What's the point?

Giantbomb Mini Podcast on the DLC:

http://v.giantbomb.com/podcast/dumptruck_irrational_20130730-07-30-2013-6574660356.mp3

Meh, it sounds really difficult.

Are you actually playing it? I might buy it if it's not too hard. If getting around half the trophies will be very difficult or a slog, then I'll skip it.

Yeah, I just played a little of it to get a feel before probably trying to seriously get through it tomorrow. The Blue Ribbon Challenges are a set of things you can do to get extra money and you have to follow the challenge instructions precisely or you fail out of it the first screw up. It's not too bad and you have vigors at your disposal and any type of gun. Plus it's not hard if you can keep your cool and understand the level layout where the enemies are.

I like it. Will definitely hold me off till the story DLC comes around.

And now we have to wait some more... I should've sold my copy of infinite then repurchased it cheaper when this dlc comes out this fall. I have a feeling the whole plot for this dlc is
Booker was hired by Fontaine and started the whole downfall of rapture. I hope not

How much are the individual episodes going to cost?

If the other ones are fairly cheap I will just buy them and skip the horde mode crap.

El Odio

Banned
Buried at sea looks fantastic. I'm curious though if Rapture will stay how it looked in the trailer throughout the game or be like Infinite where things seem normal and then as soon as you shoot a gun everybody starts running away and it gets all hectic.
I hope its the former.

Vire

How much are the individual episodes going to cost?

If the other ones are fairly cheap I will just buy them and skip the horde mode crap.

$15 for each episode, Season Pass is $20.

Better off just getting the season pass...

The non-cynic in me wants to believe that this isn't actually originally one DLC that was split into two parts for marketing purposes.

Salsa

so it's just 2 DLC episodes that matter in the whole season pass.. that's kinda disappointing

then again this looks like a lot of work considering they rebuilt rapture, so hey

PBalfredo

So how long are season passes usually available? Are they just a pre-order deal, or a package you can buy whenever? Now that I know what's all included I might be interested in getting the season pass, but money is a bit tight at the moment, especially right after the Steam Sale.

Lima

$15 for each episode, Season Pass is $20.

Better off just getting the season pass...

The non-cynic in me wants to believe that this isn't actually originally one DLC that was split into two parts for marketing purposes.

I keep seeing this but with no source. Pricing for Burial at Sea hasn't been announced yet. My bet is 800 points or $10 for each episode.

Man, they really got boned by people (myself included) that hate hearing about DLC so close to launch... I feel like the time to cash in on BioShock fever was before TLOU and E3. I liked me some BioShock: Infinite, but I won't be going back for the DLC, sadly. That ship has sailed...

I think I'm starting to reconsider how much I dislike first-month DLC. First day DLC is still sketchy to me, though.

At any rate, I'm sure any DLC will be great.

EDIT: Part 2 of the detective DLC will be "later along" than this year? Jeez.

I read it like Part 1 would be later this year with 2 being later.

Top Bottom