• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin prices hit new record high of over $2200 (10/13 Update: peaked at $5,829)

Been following this thread and have a few questions:

- As for XBY, what's the secure way to store them? I've been searching but it appears there's no wallet for them at this point. Does that mean we have to leave them on the exchange website we use?

Thanks for the help! I'm really getting into all this cryptocurrency stuff. Let's hope I don't burn through my reserves...

For the XBY wallet go to the announcement thread of it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1864397.msg18538512#msg18538512

Scroll down a bit in the OP to the Wallets sections, download wallet there.

Those prices in the jpg are the buy and sell orders people have put up.

You yourself can put up a sell order for 10 cents if you want and wait for someone to buy.

People are just putting up high sell orders and low buy orders in hope get more money or get more coins for less. All part of the game.

Quoting myself.

Use those bitcoins to buy whatever other alt you want. Seems to be the most profitable way to mine right now.

How can that be? If you're mining for a client they're recieving the currency and you're being paid a portion of what you would recieve by mining normally?

I have two 480's, a 1070 on an I5 6400 processor rig.

I select the same unit with the same hashrate on the page they say makes over $5 a day currently and it says I'll be getting like $2.

Being in the UK what is the best option for me to get into this? I have signed up on Coinbase and Kraken but still waiting to get verified so in no rush.

Obviously my bank is GBP so would an initial trade of GBP to BTC then sign up on C-CEX to do BTC to XBY be feasible?

If that goes smoothly and the time comes to sell the XBY do I sell it as XBY to BTC or some other cryptocurrency and then back to GBP and cash out or do you just keep bouncing around buying and selling other currencies then cash out eventually?

I assume that this can be tied into fiat currency when cashing out as well doesn't it? So if GBP take a nose dive I will get more GBP back for my BTC if BTC remains strong and so on?

As you can see I am still very fuzzy on this whole thing despite reading this entire thread but have plenty of time to learn. Someone please make an OT for this kind of stuff as there is obviously a lot of interest on GAF just by looking at this thread. Plus the more people that get into this the higher the prices will go wouldn't you think?

Oh also is there any good iOS apps that are recommended? I got Coinbase and Kraken so far obviously but what about wallets and things like that?

sam777

Being in the UK what is the best option for me to get into this? I have signed up on Coinbase and Kraken but still waiting to get verified so in no rush.

Obviously my bank is GBP so would an initial trade of GBP to BTC then sign up on C-CEX to do BTC to XBY be feasible?

If that goes smoothly and the time comes to sell the XBY do I sell it as XBY to BTC or some other cryptocurrency and then back to GBP and cash out or do you just keep bouncing around buying and selling other currencies then cash out eventually?

I assume that this can be tied into fiat currency when cashing out as well doesn't it? So if GBP take a nose dive I will get more GBP back for my BTC if BTC remains strong and so on?

As you can see I am still very fuzzy on this whole thing despite reading this entire thread but have plenty of time to learn. Someone please make an OT for this kind of stuff as there is obviously a lot of interest on GAF just by looking at this thread. Plus the more people that get into this the higher the prices will go wouldn't you think?

Oh also is there any good iOS apps that are recommended? I got Coinbase and Kraken so far obviously but what about wallets and things like that?

On CCEX you can transfer GBP straight to it and it will convert it to USD. Then you can invest how you choose. Basically saves you the step of getting BTC first but you would have to sign up for an XMLGold account and get verified on that I believe then use the option Bank Transfer > Ccex.

Can anyone explain to me what is the use of a wallet?

On CCEX you can transfer GBP straight to it and it will convert it to USD. Then you can invest how you choose. Basically saves you the step of getting BTC first but you would have to sign up for an XMLGold account and get verified on that I believe then use the option Bank Transfer > Ccex.

Can anyone explain to me what is the use of a wallet?

Cool seems I need to get verified on XMLGold. Is there anyway I can just get a deposit onto an exchange using PayPal or Visa/Mastercard? Would that be easier? PayPal would be ideal as that's already linked to my bank account.

Cool seems I need to get verified on XMLGold. Is there anyway I can just get a deposit onto an exchange using PayPal or Visa/Mastercard? Would that be easier? PayPal would be ideal as that's already linked to my bank account.

Best to link your bank to something like coinbase. Buy BTC and transfer it. Yeah fees for PayPal on these services are very high. I think I saw 12%.

Brandson

Is there a fairly good chance XBY could exceed $1000 within the next 5-10 years?

Unlikely. Very few altcoins will hit $100, and even fewer $1000. If this gets in the $1 to $10 range you should consider it a fabulous success. If it does get to that range, evaluate its status at that point whether to stay in or sell some or all.

sam777

Once I buy/invest in XBY on CCex, how does the wallet come in to play?
As I just downloaded the Xtrabytes wallet.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Unlikely. Very few altcoins will hit $100, and even fewer $1000. If this gets in the $1 to $10 range you should consider it a fabulous success. If it does get to that range, evaluate its status at that point whether to stay in or sell some or all.

Market caps, people. If there are 50 billion coins, sure you can buy 100k of them for less than cents, but for that coin to be worth 1000 very very insane things would need to happen.

BraXzy

XBY is down.
Hopefully it'll be up in the morning.

Hkenrjskekbtowkrntoentbrk+4)£;_!#)37479£9_!_)#84(4!)93!!!!

I saw this dip to $0.009... I nearly bought a good few thousand but was tired and figured I'd do it in the morning... $0.042 today.

Kill me.

Prologue

Market caps, people. If there are 50 billion coins, sure you can buy 100k of them for less than cents, but for that coin to be worth 1000 very very insane things would need to happen.

Even at 100k coins, even nearing a dollar would be a nice return

I'm not getting the potential of XBY here.

What does it do that other coins don't? There's a lot of tech jargon on their website - which looks really bad by the way, without much in the way of substance. No white paper and it doesn't really advertise itself as anything other than Bitcoin but faster and more secure - which honestly there are already many altcoins like that. Not saying it's a scam coin but at the very best, it seems pretty undeveloped and doesn't seem to offer any real world solutions to problems that Bitcoin faces that other alt coins aren't already trying to tackle.

If you want faster transactions - that's like pretty much every alt coin right now. More security, I'd say Monero and other privacy centric coins are pretty secure. Environmentally mining protocol - XEM.

Best to link your bank to something like coinbase. Buy BTC and transfer it. Yeah fees for PayPal on these services are very high. I think I saw 12%.

Coinbase has verified my identity and i have added some payment options. My bank has a Visa Debit card so have added that but will I still need to add the bank account itself at some point?

Says they have made two small transactions on my card so waiting for them to show up so I can confirm the card.

If I go the Coinbase route is it relatively simple to buy some BTC and then transfer that over to my C-Cex account so I can buy some XBY with it?

On C-Cex one of the methods that I can use to deposit is Payeer, has anyone used that attached to a Visa Debit card from the U.K?

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Even at 100k coins, even nearing a dollar would be a nice return

Of course. Just saying people need to take the amount of coins out there into account and things like distribution of coins, if one wallet has 70% of the coins in existence that gives that person a lot of power over the market for that coin.

sam777

My BTC are transferring too C-Cex atm. Once transferred do I just buy how many XBY's I want and that is it until the day I want to sell?

How long does it normally take for a transfer to go through to C-Cex? I just sent $5 worth of bitcoin to my C-CEX to test it out and it just says pending on coinbase. If I buy xby with bitcoin on c-cex do I need to do anything else if I just want to sit on it and wait for it to grow or can I just log back into c-cex from time to time to see how it is doing?

sam777

How long does it normally take for a transfer to go through to C-Cex? I just sent $5 worth of bitcoin to my C-CEX to test it out and it just says pending on coinbase. If I buy xby with bitcoin on c-cex do I need to do anything else if I just want to sit on it and wait for it to grow or can I just log back into c-cex from time to time to see how it is doing?

Took about 15-20 minutes for me

Have you been following the news about Bitcoin? Transaction times for Bitcoin are way up unless you pay higher transaction fees due to a backlog in the blockchain. Small transfers like that can take hours - sometimes days if you don't pay a sufficient fee. That's not on C-CEX, that's Bitcoin.

What I usually do if I'm on an exchange that only accepts BTCXXX pairs, is that I'll transfer to them in a much faster currency - Litecoin is my default for that, and then exchange it for Bitcoin and then exchange that for whatever you want.

Hopefully as more exchanges begin to add ETH pairs, this won't be an issue.

well I bought about $500 worth of xby, hopefully in a couple years it will be worth something

Waiting for my USD to hit my account on C-Cex so I can do the same. Going to hold onto it for a while and watch ETH. ETH seems like the best long term option but don't want to get in at this price as I can see it dropping down in a bit once the hype drops off after the week it's had (watch it keep going to $10k now).

ETH seems like it's got a pretty steady floor, I got in the other day at $211.

Does ETH generate more coins based on demand or is there a set amount? That's the only thing that worries me about it if it generates more coins on demand. At the minute demand is high so if more coins are being put into circulation then surely at some point that demand will drop off and then ETH price will drop.

If you look at all the cryptocurrencys at the minute they are all pretty much doing really well and going up but what is driving it? Is it economic uncertainty with everything that's happening in the US with Trump? All this money that is being fed into the market cap has to come from somewhere so why has there been a sharp uptick in these currencies over the last few months?

Somnid

Does ETH generate more coins based on demand or is there a set amount? That's the only thing that worries me about it if it generates more coins on demand. At the minute demand is high so if more coins are being put into circulation then surely at some point that demand will drop off and then ETH price will drop.

Etherium generates coins on a successful mine. There is also a partial reward for "uncle" blocks which are valid forks that were ultimately not chosen.

XBY is in freefall.

tenor.gif

Copenap

If you look at all the cryptocurrencys at the minute they are all pretty much doing really well and going up but what is driving it? Is it economic uncertainty with everything that's happening in the US with Trump? All this money that is being fed into the market cap has to come from somewhere so why has there been a sharp uptick in these currencies over the last few months?
The answer is speculation.

The Guy In Red

Neo Member
One thing you guys should consider is the number of coins each crypto currency has in circulation. For instance, Bitcoin has just under 16.4m in circulation and will be capped once 21m have been circulated.

Whereas currencies like Ethereum and XBY have far more coins in circulation. Basic economics will tell you that an increase in supply pushes down price. Hence, Bitcoin may stay at the top of the price spectrum unless we see other currencies being capped.

whats a broker site/coinbase people recommend setting up with (maybe one that has XBY?)

I'm set up on C-Cex but still waiting for my money to hit the account I setup. If you are looking at buying XBY and coming from USD try switch it to BTC first. I looked on C-Cex and if I do $200 I get XBY 4000. If I change the $200 to BTC and then the BTC to XBY I get 5189 so an extra 1189 coins apparently.

Why is everyone here so bullish on XBY? Have you guys actually looked at the coin? There are so many red flags about it.

The website looks like it was written in 2003 HTML. It's full of tech jargon and buzzwords that don't really give you a clear idea of what niche it is supposed to fill and there is no White Paper on it that you can read. The fact that it's being pumped on 4chan should make you super suspicious about it. It seems like a massive pump and dump.

reckless

Why is everyone here so bullish on XBY? Have you guys actually looked at the coin? There are so many red flags about it.

The website looks like it was written in 2003 HTML. It's full of tech jargon and buzzwords that don't really give you a clear idea of what niche it is supposed to fill and there is no White Paper on it that you can read. The fact that it's being pumped on 4chan should make you super suspicious about it. It seems like a massive pump and dump.

Yeah its weird how in a market built purely on speculation a bunch of people just bought something because some random person said to.

XBY looks especially sketchy.

x3sphere

not a coin I would touch that's for sure. It's not even that big of a pump, many coins have seen a 2-3x rise lately. Hard to lose in this market right now, but if/when there is a crash the bottom will fall out quickly of these smaller coins as they don't have the volume to absorb major selling.

My protocol for investing in coins is mainly making sure that they solve a problem the bigger ones don't. XBY doesn't, as far as I can tell.

Of the smaller cap coins I'd say Factom looks pretty interesting. I have not bought any yet though.

https://www.factom.com/

Top Bottom