• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Ken

119QJMx.jpg

i guess this is where i left my warlock off. i guess i should just focus on the story and getting to cap first cause i'm still 45. :(

i barely remember how to play and they refunded all my skill points rip

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
i guess this is where i left my warlock off. i guess i should just focus on the story and getting to cap first cause i'm still 45. :(

i barely remember how to play and they refunded all my skill points rip

hhmmmmmmm I think I need to reinvite you to the guild I'm not sure I did a lot of cleaning during end of Summer and start of fall

tatsuki

Our group got to stage 6 and dced. It's been a huge pain ever since. We'll almost get everyone back in to finish stage 6 and a whole new wave of disconnects will happen.

NeOak

We managed to get it done. There was a mass dc shortly after we cleared as well. I'm not sure if everyone was able to get their loot.
Congrats.

I only managed to get to stage 3. Twice.

Really messed up shit and they better extend the event.

ShinMaruku

Ok folks the game has had quite a few changes and we need to see who is game for the next set of patches and who is still playing. :)

Just logged back into the game and can't upgrade my true profane weapon.

If I am reading this right I get an Ivory weapon if I salvage it?

I just want to make sure before I delete my weapon and make my character unplayable or something.

NeOak

Just logged back into the game and can't upgrade my true profane weapon.

If I am reading this right I get an Ivory weapon if I salvage it?

I just want to make sure before I delete my weapon and make my character unplayable or something.

Yes, salvage it. Remove the Crystals and if you changed its appearance, remove it. You can get the weapon you used as a skin back now.

Sciel

I've recently decided to leave this game (I play on TW and used to play on NA).

Main reasons are the following (largest to least and excluding social/clan issues):
-I really disliked the recent QoL changes they made. The bound/unbound mats system in the dungeons basically makes gold impossible to farm.

-Prior to vortex temple (raid after BT) , My summoner was geared to the max (weapon / soul / accessories ). I've seen the mats needed for the subsequent upgrades and I think I've had enough (especially with the point above). The game is undeniably p2w and I think I've given them enough of my $

-Uninteresting events. NCSoft basically recycles 3 event dungeons in between of any Trove/ special sales. Tower of Memory/Vipercap/Frog

-The balancing (at least PvE-wise) is a joke. In recent months, NCSoft basically has a raging hard-on for BMs , SF and BDs. Yes they are melee but all 3 are brain dead easy to play and put out ridiculous amounts of DPS (up to current patch in TW) . I also have disliked the continuous emphasis on balancing encounters around the usage of soul burn.

-The emphasis on raids being needed for upgrading weapons is not something I agree with. However, recent patches take these even further by locking the class legendary mystic badges behind certain raids.

NeOak

I've recently decided to leave this game (I play on TW and used to play on NA).

Main reasons are the following (largest to least and excluding social/clan issues):
-I really disliked the recent QoL changes they made. The bound/unbound mats system in the dungeons basically makes gold impossible to farm.

-Prior to vortex temple (raid after BT) , My summoner was geared to the max (weapon / soul / accessories ). I've seen the mats needed for the subsequent upgrades and I think I've had enough (especially with the point above). The game is undeniably p2w and I think I've given them enough of my $

-Uninteresting events. NCSoft basically recycles 3 event dungeons in between of any Trove/ special sales. Tower of Memory/Vipercap/Frog

-The balancing (at least PvE-wise) is a joke. In recent months, NCSoft basically has a raging hard-on for BMs , SF and BDs. Yes they are melee but all 3 are brain dead easy to play and put out ridiculous amounts of DPS (up to current patch in TW) . I also have disliked the continuous emphasis on balancing encounters around the usage of soul burn.

-The emphasis on raids being needed for upgrading weapons is not something I agree with. However, recent patches take these even further by locking the class legendary mystic badges behind certain raids.

And here I was thinking about playing this again. Wow.

ShinMaruku

I think the balance of the game is the thing I have the least problem with. It's the upgrades and drop rates that give me issue. The shit coding this game has, this is the only goddamn game where it takes me 3-5 mins to load, things like that are not good.

Then it has the usual MMO player population which are just as bad as the moba toxic mother fuckers.

Part of my issues is just that I hate the MMO theme and the playerbase it has, layered on to just rather stupid optimization issues and then just how they make the game flow.

The game play is sublime, the balance is quite good, but the support system behind the game and the players just is not a good look.

It's quite the theme in games right now, you can get the right gameplay hooks and ideas, but the business plan and how they execute is suspect as hell. Then you have the other hooks working right, but it's done by Blizzard who can't balance shit, riot which is a goddamn cult...

Sometimes it can be saddening.

Sciel

And here I was thinking about playing this again. Wow.
All things considered, its still a good game.

From the perspective of someone on a TW server (but NA likely has/will have these problems as well), it just has a ton of problems that will likely never be addressed (i.e: widening gap between f2p and p2p, emphasis on raids despite engine being shit, lack of player growth, etc).

I think the balance of the game is the thing I have the least problem with. It's the upgrades and drop rates that give me issue. The shit coding this game has, this is the only goddamn game where it takes me 3-5 mins to load, things like that are not good.

Then it has the usual MMO player population which are just as bad as the moba toxic mother fuckers.

Part of my issues is just that I hate the MMO theme and the playerbase it has, layered on to just rather stupid optimization issues and then just how they make the game flow.

The game play is sublime, the balance is quite good, but the support system behind the game and the players just is not a good look.

It's quite the theme in games right now, you can get the right gameplay hooks and ideas, but the business plan and how they execute is suspect as hell. Then you have the other hooks working right, but it's done by Blizzard who can't balance shit, riot which is a goddamn cult...

Sometimes it can be saddening.
I can only speak for myself, but during my time with BnS, I've definitely come across some very toxic players (not towards me but more towards the way they act to others).

Not sure if its just the different between and f2p and p2p MMOs (For instance, i've never met these kind of people in FFXIV).

ShinMaruku

Most of this bad behavior has come from the pay to play ones in that it's a specific person who tends to play mmos and how they love gossip and drama and how I think they been so jaded by mmo design they are all just so terrible. Not sure about ff14 but I see far too much MMO people loving that and that is a not a good look for that community for me.

Most of this bad behavior has come from the pay to play ones in that it's a specific person who tends to play mmos and how they love gossip and drama and how I think they been so jaded by mmo design they are all just so terrible. Not sure about ff14 but I see far too much MMO people loving that and that is a not a good look for that community for me.

BDO is the absolute worst in this aspect, the playerbase is terrible in chat.

ShinMaruku

Black Desert just seems to have the huge place for the roaming MMO player migration. It's all people trying to find what they miss and just moving from game to game them griping when the community is not there. Mainly because they move and don't let it settle.

Black Desert just seems to have the huge place for the roaming MMO player migration. It's all people trying to find what they miss and just moving from game to game them griping when the community is not there. Mainly because they move and don't let it settle.

I've seen this for sure. I am sticking around personally as the combat is amazing and enjoy exploring the world but I do hope they patch in some sort of endgame eventually.

ShinMaruku

In FF14 the vocal players tend to be more measured and unlike some of these other mmos the players just generally play the game and it's built with less of the negatives than games like blade and soul and tera and the like.

FFXIV follows the WoW model of trying to prevent players from griefing each other in every imaginable way. It caters to the Western MMO player in that manner. There's lots of fences which try to enforce good behavior.

The KMMOs like Tera, BnS, BDO, etc. are all designed for Asian MMO players who are much nicer to each other than Western MMO players. So when these games hit the West, nothing is done to enforce players not being assholes to each other because it's not like the Korean devs know about or care how the Western MMO playerbase behaves.

Scum

Logged back on after a long while, and, I don't know...just not feeling it. The gear upgrade always pissed me off. So when I logged back again, I just spent my time staring at the new skill tree interface then promptly got bored. :-/
Such a shame.

Top Bottom