• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

Sölf

Well, after managing to solo Blackram Narrows at 22 on a Soulfighter, I think I can still play this game. xD
And I actually learned that you can iframe Gubong's grip mechanic. And that those shadows explode for AoE and a slow effect. Good to know. Not that it ever matters in a normal dungeon run, but eh. xD

NeOak

Sölf;219074255 said:
Well, after managing to solo Blackram Narrows at 22 on a Soulfighter, I think I can still play this game. xD
And I actually learned that you can iframe Gubong's grip mechanic. And that those shadows explode for AoE and a slow effect. Good to know. Not that it ever matters in a normal dungeon run, but eh. xD

At least you know you can do Mushin's Tower then despite the distance.

Sölf

At least you know you can do Mushin's Tower then despite the distance.

Well, maybe? On my KFM I completely sucked in the Junghado fight. I just couldn't kill him. Probably because of my build, but then I couldn't play the new build... xD

Well, it's still a bit until I actually open that one up. Next up: Cinderlands!

NeOak

Finally got the damn 2 critical hits gem from the daily dash.

I keep getting fucking 1's. Took forever.

Sölf

Met Yonkai. It would probably go faster if I would ignore most sidequests, I am outleveling content by 1-3 levels anyway already. But then I think about the professions and that there isn't really a way to catch up on them, unless I want to create Cinerlands stuff while in Moonwater Plains. >_>

And joy, can't wait for farming Golden Deva weapon, since the AH ones are way to expensive anyway.

NeOak

Sölf;219248075 said:
Met Yonkai. It would probably go faster if I would ignore most sidequests, I am outleveling content by 1-3 levels anyway already. But then I think about the professions and that there isn't really a way to catch up on them, unless I want to create Cinerlands stuff while in Moonwater Plains. >_>

And joy, can't wait for farming Golden Deva weapon, since the AH ones are way to expensive anyway.

Only Merry Potters/Soul Warden are worth something atm.

tatsuki

LDN9IjX.png
kTpVADh.png

Decided to grind the new event dungeon for the new outfit yesterday. It's my favorite event obtained outfit so far. I wasn't really a fan of the previous event outfits.

I hoped that cloudy skies would be in the new outfit rotation today but it isn't. This will get some use until cloudy skies releases.

NeOak

Finally got a Temptation for my Lyn after buying the AP/2crit gem first

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/72a6Hdj.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/kSb5MfZ.png[/img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/XZQQ91I.png[/img]

Sölf

I just finished Zaiwei for the first time yesterday. Man, that finale. Zaiwei is now also the best city in an MMO I have seen. It actually feels like a real city, unlike many others in MMOs.

I do have a question though. How hard or easy would it be to solo the various level 45 dungeons and maybe even leveling dungeon (46+) after finishing the story? I am pretty sure it will be somewhat doable since the damage just explodes from 45-50, but I am not sure because of the enrage timers in purple dungeons.

NeOak

Sölf;219983120 said:
I just finished Zaiwei for the first time yesterday. Man, that finale. Zaiwei is now also the best city in an MMO I have seen. It actually feels like a real city, unlike many others in MMOs.

I do have a question though. How hard or easy would it be to solo the various level 45 dungeons and maybe even leveling dungeon (46+) after finishing the story? I am pretty sure it will be somewhat doable since the damage just explodes from 45-50, but I am not sure because of the enrage timers in purple dungeons.

Unless you have 700+ AP and awesome gems, no.

NeOak

Sölf;220070026 said:
Well, then I will probably do it the normal way... xD

Also, grabbed this outfit today. I doubt I will get through the daily spin 2 more times for the red jewel, so outfits it is:
I mean, I do solo Hongdonny or w/e it is spelled on my FM with 500 AP, but that takes a while.

But purple dungeons? I wouldn't.

Sölf

Those thighs...

I actually just reused the exact same character on the NA server I have on the EU server. The EU one being a KFM and this one being a Soulfighter, this actually somewhat fits. xD

But the most important part of this outfit is obviously this:

Stripes.

ShinMaruku

Ok since the guild has been growing and new folks are in the discord, I think we should have some gaf events we can schedule here for gearing up new people and setting up people as they go. We can all hash it out here or in the discord. Bboy is having a ball.

NeOak

Ok since the guild has been growing and new folks are in the discord, I think we should have some gaf events we can schedule here for gearing up new people and setting up people as they go. We can all hash it out here or in the discord. Bboy is having a ball.

You can include Burton in that, he logged on :O

Sölf

We have a Discord? Oh. xD

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Just wanted to say that it feels sooo good to back, and I'm so grateful to everyone going out of their way to help me get caught up on what I've missed during my absence. BBoy has done a hell of a job with the guild and I can't wait to see where both he and it will take us. :D

Glad to see my break didn't affect my skill with the KFM too. #StillGotIt

Sölf

So, after having missing voice files yet again in both the korean and japanese voice pack, can someone of you guys tell me how exactly I have to install them?

I did the method witht he mod folder, where I go to

NCSOFT\BnS\contents\Local\NCWEST\ENGLISH\CookedPC

and create a "mod" folder in there. I then just unpack the files in the mod folder, get the error messages when I start the launcher and then everything works. Or is supposed to work. I am now in Act 5 and do have some texts translated and others are just completely missing. I am now in chapter 5 or 6 I think where I just went from the Yes Men to the Tyrian Cult and the guy who gives me the next step at the Tyrian Cult has no voice over at all, no matter the japanese or korean voice pack.

So, am I doing something wrong or are these files missing?

UGSBBoyDragon

Neo Member
Today 10/232016 I will be awake and ready to carry anyone through Naryu so everyone can get there Hongmoon Energy aka Soul for that extra 10AP. You need 80 Naryu Relics to get it from a coin exchange. I will be doing it all day with a few members 1pm PST time zone / 4pm eastern time/ I believe around 9pm timezone UK

Sölf

Today 10/232016 I will be awake and ready to carry anyone through Naryu so everyone can get there Hongmoon Energy aka Soul for that extra 10AP. You need 80 Naryu Relics to get it from a coin exchange. I will be doing it all day with a few members 1pm PST time zone / 4pm eastern time/ I believe around 9pm timezone UK

Will probably join you guys 1-2 hours later. Still haven't been there. xD

anothertech

What soul shields is everyone running with these days? Got back into it recently. Looking for best crit to farm in Silverfrost or vendors.

Ken

Sölf;221174745 said:
You can only use the Silverfrost path (unless you were in one of the others), but yeah, basically, it still is. xD

I had true pirate or whatever the shortcut was before the patch hit

NeOak

What soul shields is everyone running with these days? Got back into it recently. Looking for best crit to farm in Silverfrost or vendors.

Twisted, Asura or Ebondrake.

Vendor would be Twisted for 1,2,3,4.

I had true pirate or whatever the shortcut was before the patch hit

They decreased the cost for the Siren/Pirate path as well as the earlier paths. If you are at true pirate, you can go to true breeze.

They introduced an alternate currency for leveling weapons, but it can be quite grindy. It's half price of the regular one though, the problem is getting the correct sacrificial weapon.

They did reduce a lot accessory prices, so you should focus on those first if you have true pirate 10.

yaffi

I decided to get back into BnS since FF14 got boring again. I'll create a character on the GAF US server despite being from EU.

I just hope the ping won't be too bad. Otherwise I'll have to move back to EU.

NeOak

I decided to get back into BnS since FF14 got boring again. I'll create a character on the GAF US server despite being from EU.

I just hope the ping won't be too bad. Otherwise I'll have to move back to EU.
Sölf plays from EU. Ranged classes are the most ping friendly.

yaffi

Sölf plays from EU. Ranged classes are the most ping friendly.

Yeah, well I tried KFM and latency definitely gets in the way.

I kinda want to try out Soul Fighter.

Back then I played Destroyer till endgame, but I stopped enjoying the class entirely. It's really a shame BnS isn't alt-friendly at all.

Top Bottom