• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

cHinzo

Slowly working towards those 230 stingers necessary for the Awakened Scorpio upgrade. Finally made some progress with those Asura shields too yesterday. Got a perfect 1 and 2 piece. Only need piece 4 to have the complete set and the sweet +5 AP and +7% Crit. Damage set bonus. Everything is crazy expensive though in EU. 17g for Silverfrost Transformation Stones and 3.5g for a single Stinger. 😱

NeOak

Slowly working towards those 230 stingers necessary for the Awakened Scorpio upgrade. Finally made some progress with those Asura shields too yesterday. Got a perfect 1 and 2 piece. Only need piece 4 to have the complete set and the sweet +5 AP and +7% Crit. Damage set bonus. Everything is crazy expensive though in EU. 17g for Silverfrost Transformation Stones and 3.5g for a single Stinger. 😱
They are 14.5g in NA and still climbing. I don't remember the stinger prices though.

tatsuki

ewZ1j5j.png

We crafted our head adornment the other day. The clipping of the assassin cloth is unfortunate. It's not like i'm seeing it constantly while playing though so I guess it's fine. My ears also have a tiny bit that clip through the top as well. I actually like the ear one though. It's kind of cute.

Who else is ready for pets on Wednesday? I've saved up around 10k hm coin the past few days. If I don't get a ghost i'll be upset.

Moonstone prices on EU 4.15G you got to be fucking kidding me. Ugh im almost just tempted to say fuck it and stay at Awake Scorpio at this point.

NeOak

Meanwhile, the Koreans are back in tourney action. And either I've somehow learned how to subconsciously translate Korean to English, or they have English casters this year.

https://www.twitch.tv/bnstournament_global/v/69260720?t=05m55s

It's adorable listening to them stumbling over our English localized skill names, and also constantly referring to Blade Dancer as Blade Master since in Korea Blade Dancer is simply Lyn Blade Master.

At this point, I believe Google Translate would have done a better job translating the game than whoever did it -.-

Sciel

Switched from NA to TW recently. A shame having to start over but the ping (<60 ms) and being able to play my favourite class (Blade Master) was too good to pass up.

132bc7723a.jpg

ShinMaruku

I always find people to play with, just due to how I just roll around and maybe it's due to me playing assassin and Force master and just can slide into a group. However I do give myself some gaps in playing.

NeOak

Trying to get from Awakened Siren to Awakened Pirate.

Fastest way if I have the MTS and most of the SS?

cHinzo

Aight, just tried Sundered Nexus for the first time and it was so messy, but lots of fun. The first day is always stupidly difficult lol, but it feels good to complete it for the first time.

cHinzo

I still play it casually, trying to at least make use of the Nebula Upgrade Stone, but those crappy servers are just killers for games like these.

What a joke. SSP is such a broken mess especially now that ranged idiots have decided to start fighting pigs and even terrors almost in front of the enemy base its pretty much undoable for melee classes.

So, maybe some of you can help me?

Initially, I was having an issue with the "Character Login Failed (2000)" error. I managed to track it to my antivirus. Turning it's active protection off allowed me to bypass the issue, but now, instead of an error, I just get nothing. The dragon video loops and loops and there are no options.

So aggravating.

So I completed the main story. Overall I liked it and the way it ended. The outfit they give you at the end is pretty nice. I just wish there was an easy way to get decent gear like in FFXIV.

Can't even join stuff without people immediately leaving upon seeing my HM level + weapon. Thankfully what I have was more than enough to complete the story with.

So, maybe some of you can help me?

Initially, I was having an issue with the "Character Login Failed (2000)" error. I managed to track it to my antivirus. Turning it's active protection off allowed me to bypass the issue, but now, instead of an error, I just get nothing. The dragon video loops and loops and there are no options.

So aggravating.

Never heard of that issue before, I would recommending checking the reddit though since people usually have tech problems there too.

So I completed the main story. Overall I liked it and the way it ended. The outfit they give you at the end is pretty nice. I just wish there was an easy way to get decent gear like in FFXIV.

Can't even join stuff without people immediately leaving upon seeing my HM level + weapon. Thankfully what I have was more than enough to complete the story with.

Never heard of that issue before, I would recommending checking the reddit though since people usually have tech problems there too.

Ended up getting in touch with support. Reddit moves too fast to possibly get any response.

cHinzo

Damn these last events were really great. Guaranteed event gem. Free moonstones and stingers with a chance for 100 of these things. Free 7 day premium if you subbed to the newsletter, so I can finally dump my 30 costumes and adornments and make space in my bank. :D

nataku

I decided to start playing again after SF was released and I get to the point where I need my corrupted bracers for my breakthrough. 20 gold on the AH... how are new players supposed to afford that? I know it's because the class is brand new and players are just driving up the prices, but you can't just farm them anymore since they removed green dungeons from F8.

Why even do that? What reason do they have to remove anything from F8? All that does is make the game even more unfriendly to new players. Populations in the zones aren't large enough to get a local group going reliably. Such a crazy decision.

LimeD3

Neo Member
I decided to start playing again after SF was released and I get to the point where I need my corrupted bracers for my breakthrough. 20 gold on the AH... how are new players supposed to afford that? I know it's because the class is brand new and players are just driving up the prices, but you can't just farm them anymore since they removed green dungeons from F8.

Why even do that? What reason do they have to remove anything from F8? All that does is make the game even more unfriendly to new players. Populations in the zones aren't large enough to get a local group going reliably. Such a crazy decision.

I hope I'm not too late with this, but do not buy the corrupted bracers with gold. One of the surveys you get at around level 20-22 should give you a free brilliant cinderlands key that you should save specifically for that box. The reason weapons are so expensive from that dungeon is that most normal people who know about this (which is most people at this point) actually farm that dungeon due to how long it takes for so little reward. The ones who do are obviously out to make a quick buck. Thus the weapon price is more reflective of the price of a brilliant cinderlands key than of the value of the actual weapon. I suspect the free cinderlands key that is given in the survey was meant particularly for that reason as otherwise you're right, no normal level 24 could be reasonably expected to buy the weapon at market price.

Sciel

After one month or so of playing in TW, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised at the difficulty of the dungeons that come after Shattered Masses (Nexus -> Gloomdross -> Shattered -> Ebondrake Citadel/Forbidden Tomb).

These are a huge step up in party coordination requirements (There are a lot of instances where if you miss a mechanic = party wipe) and difficulty.

That said, I am very curious to how the NA community(lol reddit):-
1. Reacts to MANDATORY Sin/Smn for party stealth in a certain dungeon.
2. Sets AP requirements for these new dungeons (People already do 600+ for Asura 4m).
3. Clears this in a F8 Pug. (Last time i played on NA, the standard of play was generally quite low with people not communicating at all. After all this time, people still can't get Asura right.)

3. Clears this in a F8 Pug. (Last time i played on NA, the standard of play was generally quite low with people not communicating at all. After all this time, people still can't get Asura right.)

Welcome to playing MMOs in NA.

When I still played FFXIV, they had to dumb everything puggable down to braindead status in order for most players to successfully clear it. There were a number of notable story instances which had actual mechanics, even really simple ones, and they were impossible to pug until they were nerfed multiple times.

In NA, you either have a close group of friends that you do everything with or a lot of endgame content is simply inaccessible. I don't even know what the Massively part of Massively Multiplayer Online Game actually means anymore, to be perfectly frank. You haven't actually wanted to interact and play with random people in the genre for a decade or longer at this point.

ShinMaruku

Well bosses Asura and above no longer have any HP buff compared to other server counterparts. Also, I don't feel HM points make a big difference; You typically have the core skills you need by HM6/7.

HM points change how classes play like for example Soul Fighter in this state is not quote up there yet due to they were made with HM 10+ in mind. Force Masters and assassins become truly stupid too.

Sciel

HM points change how classes play like for example Soul Fighter in this state is not quote up there yet due to they were made with HM 10+ in mind. Force Masters and assassins become truly stupid too.
I don't really think 3-4 skill points is not going to drastically increase a player's dps/boss difficulty. Either way, looking at the content release road-map; I think there is more than enough time for players to catch-up in terms of HM levels prior to the release of the later dungeons.

Welcome to playing MMOs in NA.

When I still played FFXIV, they had to dumb everything puggable down to braindead status in order for most players to successfully clear it. There were a number of notable story instances which had actual mechanics, even really simple ones, and they were impossible to pug until they were nerfed multiple times.

In NA, you either have a close group of friends that you do everything with or a lot of endgame content is simply inaccessible. I don't even know what the Massively part of Massively Multiplayer Online Game actually means anymore, to be perfectly frank. You haven't actually wanted to interact and play with random people in the genre for a decade or longer at this point.
Which story instance is this? Steps of Faith?

As for raids, hasn't it always been like that for endgame content in any MMO? I know its a bit better off in FFXIV since you have dedicated linkshells for COB/SCOB/FCOB runs.

Melodious

Servers are being linked on the 14 of July:

North America

Group 1
Master Hong, Gunma, Taywong
Group 2
Mushin, Old Man Cho
Group 3
Jiwan, Soha, Dochun
Group 4
Poharan, Iksanun
Group 5
Yehara, Hajoon, Onmyung
Group 6
Juwol, Yunwa, Junghado

Europe

Group 1
Windrest, Wild Springs, Highland Gate
Group 2
Cardinal Gates, Hao District, Greenhollow, Spirit’s Rest
Group 3
Starfall Crater, Ebon Hall, Angler’s Watch, Twin Wagons
Group 4
[DE] Frostgipfel, [DE] Bambusdorf
Group 5
[DE] Windweide, [DE] Himmelsfarm
Group 6
[FR] Dokumo, [FR] Ogong, [FR] Hogdonny

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/linked-server-groups-arriving-july-14/

tatsuki

Servers are being linked on the 14 of July:

North America

Group 3
Jiwan, Soha, Dochun

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/linked-server-groups-arriving-july-14/
SSP is about to get more interesting. From What I understand Jiwan is Blue with some Red and Soha/Dochun are Dominantly Red. Reds have controlled all 3 channels of ssp(24/7) ever since the Silverfrost update on Soha. It's disgustingly packed as well. Sometimes 600+ap without a wl or blue buff isn't even enough to get you grindtooth credit regardless of north or south side. I see moonstone prices going up even higher soon.

Top Bottom