• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blade & Soul |OT| Kiss From A Rose

NeOak

It's because NCWest just seem to be run by idiots.

Let me just give an example:

-The community is still very salty about the trove event (which ended one week ago!)
-The community is very annoyed at the maintenance(s) that were performed for two days on the trot.
-The community is told by a CM on forum that there will be no "visible changes" to the game due to the maintenance/patch.

What happens then?

.....They stealth implement a new RNG box. Then put a hairstyle (which should have been available from e-fleet wheel of fortune) and a costume behind this rng box. All thats written in their patch notes is "Routine Server Maintenance".

Don't get me wrong, despite the grind the game is immensely enjoyable. I am a Rank 9 Member (almost Rank 10). However, Between this, and their inability to deal with SSP botters/hackers; Its making it really really difficult to support them.

So true. NCWest is really awful.

It's because NCWest just seem to be run by idiots.

Let me just give an example:

-The community is still very salty about the trove event (which ended one week ago!)
-The community is very annoyed at the maintenance(s) that were performed for two days on the trot.
-The community is told by a CM on forum that there will be no "visible changes" to the game due to the maintenance/patch.

What happens then?

.....They stealth implement a new RNG box. Then put a hairstyle (which should have been available from e-fleet wheel of fortune) and a costume behind this rng box. All thats written in their patch notes is "Routine Server Maintenance".

Don't get me wrong, despite the grind the game is immensely enjoyable. I am a Rank 9 Member (almost Rank 10). However, Between this, and their inability to deal with SSP botters/hackers; Its making it really really difficult to support them.

SSP is just bad game design in general it isn't fun but its necessary if you want to upgrade gear or pay the ridiculous moonstone prices that the Chinese bot clans have set. Windrest right now is a nightmare.

cHinzo

67f9122b8e.jpg

From the Daily Challenge chest today. :D

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This is where I am currently at.

Any advice? Can I start more purple 50 dungeons now?

I hate being stuck inbetween 50 content and 45 content to upgrade stuff. =/

Edit: Why does melee even exist in this game at this point? T-T

tatsuki

This is where I am currently at.

Any advice? Can I start more purple 50 dungeons now?

I hate being stuck inbetween 50 content and 45 content to upgrade stuff. =/

Edit: Why does melee even exist in this game at this point? T-T

You should definitely work on getting your moonwater soul. It's an extra 10AP that's much cheaper compared to the 300g 35AP diamond which also only gives 10AP.

You should also be queuing for all purple dungeons except for maybe asura(unless you have people who will take you along with them). My alt FM is only 432AP and I do everything except for asura perfectly fine. I also do lair & necro on my 409AP warlock alt and no one seems to really mind as long as i'm the only warlock in the party.

Kintaro

You should definitely work on getting your moonwater soul. It's an extra 10AP that's much cheaper compared to the 300g 35AP diamond which also only gives 10AP.

You should also be queuing for all purple dungeons except for maybe asura(unless you have people who will take you along with them). My alt FM is only 432AP and I do everything except for asura perfectly fine. I also do lair & necro on my 409AP warlock alt and no one seems to really mind as long as i'm the only warlock in the party.

Thanks for the advice. What is your main?

I feel like I'm in too deep on my KFM and will just to accept that a lot of the game's content will be a nightmare on that class. =x Probably why I'm leveling a FM.

Also, OMG Midnight Detective costume is so awesome...

Sciel

New costume + Red Gangplank.

f87aa2646c.jpg

@Kintaro: Thats plenty for everything besides Asura. Don't be discouraged by the high AP parties btw.

NeOak

Yeah, saw the new coats.

We aren't in winter anymore NCWest. Even the south of the world is still in Fall.

Some updates on marketplace prices right now (PPU):

STS: 12g 60s
MTS 4g 2s
Moonwater Tear: 43s
Moonwater Quartz: 1g 8s
Silverfrost Quartz: 1g 44s 50c
Moonstone: 2g 29s
Silverfrost Montains Dew: 7s (up like 200% in a few days and climbing)
Premium Kaolin Refiner: 3g 34s 98c
Premium Tempered Clay Refiner: 2g 55s
Soulstones: 27s 70c

tatsuki

Thanks for the advice. What is your main?

I feel like I'm in too deep on my KFM and will just to accept that a lot of the game's content will be a nightmare on that class. =x Probably why I'm leveling a FM.

As a KFM you have a party buff. I would say the majority of people won't have a problem with you being there. Don't let cross server chat fool you into thinking your AP is too low. 500AP is already overkill for our current dungeons.

This is where I'm at right now. I'm holding off on weapon upgrades for right now. I'm waiting for the nebula event to start. That way I can see how much the reduced costs and materials will be before upgrading.

My main is a Summoner.
Blade Dancer
Force Master
Warlock

Kintaro

Welp, I've gotten to HM 5 on my KFM and lvl 40 on my FM. There's still a ton I even need to start on the KFM (Arena, more dungeons, Moonwater Soul, work on accessories, etc).

Hopefully, this upcoming event really does help with Weapon Upgrades. In the meantime, I'm just saving up. =x I need more MSTs for accessories/weapon but I've noticed that Moonwater Pickaxes sell for double of the quartz to make the MSTs. o_O Oh, and I need Moonwater Refining Stones. =/ It feels like I'll never truly leave 45 content.

Kintaro

Let me ask something to those who also play on other regions or have experience with the game past what we have. This is some real talk here.

Is playing a melee worth it in this game? Like, does the frustration with several forms of content let up? The world bosses, SSP-like stuff, etc? Does it get better? Is being ranged a definitive advantage? I'm not talking about "if you like it, just play it." stuff either.

Talking real talk here.

Thoughts?

NeOak

Let me ask something to those who also play on other regions or have experience with the game past what we have. This is some real talk here.

Is playing a melee worth it in this game? Like, does the frustration with several forms of content let up? The world bosses, SSP-like stuff, etc? Does it get better? Is being ranged a definitive advantage? I'm not talking about "if you like it, just play it." stuff either.

Talking real talk here.

Thoughts?

Friend that has played since KR 1.0: "Uh yes everything in this game is hell for melee"

yaffi

Talking real talk here.

Thoughts?

I just learn the mechanics/moves and after some practice I don't really get hit all that much. That said, I don't do SSP. Also I'm a Destroyer, so I can whirlwind through most of the stuff to mitigate damage.

Sciel

Talking real talk here.

Thoughts?
I think its a trade-off.
The melee classes are more "fun" to play (faster paced, more mechanically taxing, more i-frames, etc) and have much much more flashier animations/weapons compared to ranged classes.

While ranged classes are much easier to play as; I feel they are just a tad bit more "boring". Both in terms of gameplay/animations (I play SMN which is the epitome of brain-dead boredom....1,F,RMB,LMB,RMB,LMB,RMB,LMB,RMB,F,LMB,RMB,LMB,RMB,Repeat...you get the idea).

If i didn't have to deal with 200+ms ping, I would just have continued my BM.

Kintaro

So, in doing a bit of research, I'm discovering that our prices for costumes and such seem to be much higher than in other regions ($4-5 vs. $10-12), the amount of HP on dungeon bosses have been boosted much higher and a lot of other random changes. This is probably old news to most but why would NCWest make these changes? Especially with how fast they have been bringing out content (which seems to have had the effect of burning people out and hurting their PVP scene).

The more I dig, the more bungled this looks. =/

ShinMaruku

Monsters have more HP because we are way more powerful overall compared to other regions.

Yup, our build is much more different than others, you can't just compare them side by side. We skilled a huge amount of patches with moves and skill power.

Sciel

So, in doing a bit of research, I'm discovering that our prices for costumes and such seem to be much higher than in other regions ($4-5 vs. $10-12), the amount of HP on dungeon bosses have been boosted much higher and a lot of other random changes. This is probably old news to most but why would NCWest make these changes? Especially with how fast they have been bringing out content (which seems to have had the effect of burning people out and hurting their PVP scene).

The more I dig, the more bungled this looks. =/
I wondered about this as well.
The reason is that when the dungeons were released on the other server, Player HP values/skill damage was much lower (you can probably see this in any BnS videos from early 2015). (eg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4asH4puPMZQ)

They had some hp/skill rebalancing change which boosted player HP and damage; The boss HP values in the old dungeons were not updated since the content was more or less outdated.

This balancing change came upon release for NA, so to compensate, They adjusted the Boss HP values. Else, it would have been too easy for players to steamroll through all content.

On a sidenote, flowers are such a bitch to get .

afa4f99e77.jpg

ShinMaruku

I tried win KFM, not for me, I'm fire all the way!
Also KFM aoe grinding is fun. Not as great as dumb as force master aoe grinding, but still.
20140116023425a0donvt8v68iygvl.jpg

Kintaro

I wonder how bad this event is going to get hit by the speed hackers NCWest has done nothing about.

Kintaro

Isn't it group based? I didn't understand how it works.

I guess they will do it super fast.

Yeah, its group based. Faster you do the run, the more rewards you get. So, in theory, a group of speed hackers just port to the boss and kill it in no time flat for better rewards? I dunno. Guess we'll see. I've seen groups of them in SSP and NCWest does nothing. Wouldn't be surprised to see them do this.

Edit: New update broke my game. o.o Uninstalled so I could reinstall to fix it and...haven't bothered with the reinstall yet. Not sure I will! =x At that crossroads.

cHinzo

Yeah, its group based. Faster you do the run, the more rewards you get. So, in theory, a group of speed hackers just port to the boss and kill it in no time flat for better rewards? I dunno. Guess we'll see. I've seen groups of them in SSP and NCWest does nothing. Wouldn't be surprised to see them do this.

Edit: New update broke my game. o.o Uninstalled so I could reinstall to fix it and...haven't bothered with the reinstall yet. Not sure I will! =x At that crossroads.

Meh, looks like the max rewards are like 3 chests from the dynamic quest. Definitely doable when just pugging. :D Gonna save like 300g with that Nebula Stone. \o/

Fuz

Banned
Game is dying by an incredibly fast rate. Never seen something like this, and I play mmos since UOL.

cHinzo

Not here in EU. Every lobby still fills up extremely fast in the cross server dungeon and outside in places like Mushin's Tower or SSP. I think the bots problem is mostly prevalent on the NA servers. Haven't seen many bots yet in SSP for example on EU Starfall.

NeOak

Game is dying by an incredibly fast rate. Never seen something like this, and I play mmos since UOL.
It seems quite active tbh. It's just that there may be too many servers in NA, but playing my FM I ser ads for lots of guilds and even got invited to a big one by a friend.

Fuz

Banned
I dunno.
I'm in EU too. Dungeon queues are way longer than a month ago. BGs takes several minutes at least. I see way less people around. My clan was very active and it's a desert now (mostly thanks to ncsoft terrible management), and I've heard other clans share the same fate.
Maybe it's just my server.

cHinzo

Took a break this weekend to get my computer fixed. Got too many crashes in different games that it was driving me nuts. It also doesn't help that RNGesus isn't too kind with those Asura shield drops. Keep getting the same crappy stuff. Since I don't have accuracy on my 5 and 7 Yeti pieces, I also can't do 4 man Asura yet. >.>

Took a break this weekend to get my computer fixed. Got too many crashes in different games that it was driving me nuts. It also doesn't help that RNGesus isn't too kind with those Asura shield drops. Keep getting the same crappy stuff. Since I don't have accuracy on my 5 and 7 Yeti pieces, I also can't do 4 man Asura yet. >.>

Get the Asura necklace it comes with 500 agility.

Kintaro

Vengeance Breaks

New Heroic Dungeons - Sundered Nexus, Alter of Divine Will and Zaiwei Ruins 24 man.
Tower of Infinity - Mushin's Tower like thing with a timer.
Pets! - Now you can have your very own companion! Pets will follow you around and provide a defensive buff when fed. Along with a wide selection of existing pets, two new exclusive pets are coming to Blade & Soul in North America and Europe: a Griffin and Otter!
Hongmoon Level 15!

No Chi Fighter in sight. lol

Man, they move fast...

Sciel

Vengeance Breaks

New Heroic Dungeons - Sundered Nexus, Alter of Divine Will and Zaiwei Ruins 24 man.
Tower of Infinity - Mushin's Tower like thing with a timer.
Pets! - Now you can have your very own companion! Pets will follow you around and provide a defensive buff when fed. Along with a wide selection of existing pets, two new exclusive pets are coming to Blade & Soul in North America and Europe: a Griffin and Otter!
Hongmoon Level 15!

No Chi Fighter in sight. lol

Man, they move fast...
New dungeons are actually somewhat of a good thing. The mentioned dungeons were supposed to be added in before Sogun's Lament (they are easier in difficulty and storyline-wise, Altar is before Sogun's iirc).

Pets are meh, you just know they will wall it before a rng box when it releases in ~10 days time.

tatsuki

Finally got a Clan outfit and Assassin Cloth. It has slight clipping but it doesn't bother me. I didn't realize how expensive these things can get.
2SFVtiG.png

Nebula event has been alright so far. I pushed my Summoner from 513 to 526(will be over 550 before event ends)
Blade Dancer went from 471 to 513
Warlock from 409 to 485
I'll try and push my warlock into the 500s before the event ends. My FM on the other hand is stuck at 450. I'll make sure to get it awakened pirate before the 1st though. It's already at true siren 10 so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Also, I tried getting red and black poh hair but after 20 chests with no luck I gave up. It's not nice seeing all the people in faction chat linking that they got it with thier first chest >.>

Finally got a Clan outfit and Assassin Cloth. It has slight clipping but it doesn't bother me. I didn't realize how expensive these things can get.
2SFVtiG.png

Nebula event has been alright so far. I pushed my Summoner from 513 to 526(will be over 550 before event ends)
Blade Dancer went from 471 to 513
Warlock from 409 to 485
I'll try and push my warlock into the 500s before the event ends. My FM on the other hand is stuck at 450. I'll make sure to get it awakened pirate before the 1st though. It's already at true siren 10 so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Also, I tried getting red and black poh hair but after 20 chests with no luck I gave up. It's not nice seeing all the people in faction chat linking that they got it with thier first chest >.>

You are definitely getting your times worth =V that alt game is crazy in bns.

Top Bottom