• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND |OT| - Now with New Hat

dwix

The special, distortion and astral parts of the movesets are shown in challenge mode, if I recall correctly. I'm not sure if they show all of it though.

But you can also find a character's moveset in training via the pause menu.

I don't think I've ever seen a 2D fighter where you could do that.

No one has a 50+ move list, so it's not really necessary.

Challenge mode has the first few challenges of every character go through most of their moves though.

Gotcha, thanks guys. I'll have to give that a go tonight.

What did they do to Tager?!? He feels so different and foreign compared to his CT self. Its like I'm playing a totally different character. I may have to retire from the Iron Tager train and join the Tsubaki train. I like her alot and her character design just appeals to me. I've never been so distraught over a character change in a fighting game, though =(

Venfayth

So far the only character I've felt comfortable playing is Platinum, and to a lesser extent, Tsubaki and Jin.

Still have yet to try a few, though.

Luckily for me, I don't think Platinum suffered from this.

Some characters changed more than others. Rachel has very few changes too... Same as Valk. Not to say that the CS2 combos are the optimal combos (they are not) but you can still do them if you want to.

The newest Rachel tech cracks me up though. 6A, 5B, sj.C, 2D, jc, (delay), lvl 2 j2C, whiff 2A, 5C(w)C

That 2A cracks me up

Enordash

Anyone here on the 360 and willing to play with an ABSOLUTE newbie to the series? I've been on a fighter kick lately (even though I'm pretty much new to the scene entirely) so I went ahead and picked this up. I just want a game from every big series in my home.

Anyone here on the 360 and willing to play with an ABSOLUTE newbie to the series? I've been on a fighter kick lately (even though I'm pretty much new to the scene entirely) so I went ahead and picked this up. I just want a game from every big series in my home.

While I'm no expert in this game, far far far from it, I have no problem playing you.

gt: Goldlion054

In fact, I'm really scrubby in this game right now. I can probably play you tomorrow some time. Maybe we can get a 360 lobby going tomorrow night so you can watch other people play too, picking up some tips. Just keep in mind, this game is a little execution heavy, with your damage coming from combos. Just keep that in mind and practice!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm a fighting game noob in general and this will be my first, but I'll be on the PS3. :(

Hope it was a good decision to start with this series cause I got the LE shipping today.

I'm a fighting game noob in general and this will be my first, but I'll be on the PS3. :(

Hope it was a good decision to start with this series cause I got the LE shipping today.

Well, start on the most basic combos first. Like, right now, for Relius, I'm doing 5A, 5B, 3C, 236C, 214A midscreen as my most basic combo although it's not the best combo out there. Even if the game is execution heavy, you still need to learn how to land that first hit.

I don't understand the Number notation for moves. x-x

I started with AE so I'm used to stuff like QCF and HCB. :(

It's like the number pad on a keyboard.

GDpGI.jpg

Grokbu

So much this. CT announcer was cheesy in a good way. Default Extend announcer is cheesy in a very, very bad way.

How do you unlock the other announcers?
I think that you are able to earn some sort of in-game credits which you can use to buy stuff in an in-game store. I believe that the announcers are there.

Roto13

I think that you are able to earn some sort of in-game credits which you can use to buy stuff in an in-game store. I believe that the announcers are there.

That should be easy enough. :p Thanks.

Still haven't played it much. I've made my way half way through Arcade mode with Ragna while doing other stuff. Such as writing this post. :p

Ken

I'm a complete beginner to the series so feel free to add me: Chocopolka.

Wasn't planning to but if we can get a scrub lobby thing going I'll pick up the game and try to get into it one more time. :x
b8233c2f.png

Oh man what am I doing.

Well, if anyone wants to play a bad Relius, add me on PSN: Prototype-03

I'll be home around 4:30 PM pacific

edit: nice to see a Live-GAF crowd now. BB was almost a PS3 exclusive for a while.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I still have to get used to the fact that I can't cheat the d-pad the same way I used to on the 360 pad :|

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It's like the number pad on a keyboard.

GDpGI.jpg
This type of labeling threw me off:
yDEhM.png

I saw it as only being able to be done on PS3's analog stick until a different demo had arrows.
I also saw it as 6 1 3 on my PS3's analog stick instead of 6 2 3 for a few minutes.

Then I had realize it mirrors if your character is facing the other direction

AND THEN I realized I have a long road ahead and that it's a pity I can't buy and learn on an arcade stick when BlazeBlue arrives tomorrow.

Enordash

While I'm no expert in this game, far far far from it, I have no problem playing you.

In fact, I'm really scrubby in this game right now. I can probably play you tomorrow some time. Maybe we can get a 360 lobby going tomorrow night so you can watch other people play too, picking up some tips. Just keep in mind, this game is a little execution heavy, with your damage coming from combos. Just keep that in mind and practice!

Awesome. Hopefully I can catch you on there soon. I need to get some combos together and probably pick a character to stick with.

My GT: Abednego

If anyone else on here has the 360 version, feel free to add me. It would be awesome if the 360 allowed you to group your friends in some fashion. I would love to have a GAF group.

Edit: Ken, I'll add you too. I think we're in the same boat. Maybe we can get the three of us together sometime. I haven't actually tried the online yet. I hope it has a Soul Calibur V esque lobby system. I really like how SCV does it.

XBOX 360 BB PLAYERS

Looking to get some of us together tomorrow night (I know its a Friday night, but we can all sacrifice one once in a while) and play in a lobby. I know the BB lobbies only have a max of 6 players, but there is alot we can do with that (like team battles, mini tournaments, etc.). I kind of doubt we will get 6, but maybe I'm in for a surprise! This isn't anything super competitive, just a chance to get some play in that isn't CPU or online randoms. It will be a good learning chance for everyone, no matter your skill level. Don't be intimidated if you think you are bad at the game (I'm fucking garbage). People will be willing to help you learn and be able to give some tips. You may even make some friends!

So if you are interested, just shoot me a pm and/or post some info in this thread. We will be playing if there are 2 of us or 12 of us! I know I have posted it beofre, but here is my gt again.

Looking forward to some fun sessions!

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
XBOX 360 BB PLAYERSSo if you are interested, just shoot me a pm and/or post some info in this thread. We will be playing if there are 2 of us or 12 of us! I know I have posted it beofre, but here is my gt again.

My game is SUPPOSED to arrive tomorrow, even though my Amazon status is still on shipping soon. If it comes on time, sign me up.

GT: XxTeh AznxX

Roto13

This type of labeling threw me off:
yDEhM.png

I saw it as only being able to be done on PS3's analog stick until a different demo had arrows.
I also saw it as 6 1 3 on my PS3's analog stick instead of 6 2 3 for a few minutes.

Then I had realize it mirrors if your character is facing the other direction

AND THEN I realized I have a long road ahead and that it's a pity I can't buy and learn on an arcade stick when BlazeBlue arrives tomorrow.

The only reason I know what that input means is because I saw it in Ryu and Ken's move lists in Street Fighter III next to their Shoryukens and I've known how to do a Shoryuken since Street Fighter II. :p

XBOX 360 BB PLAYERS

Looking to get some of us together tomorrow night (I know its a Friday night, but we can all sacrifice one once in a while) and play in a lobby. I know the BB lobbies only have a max of 6 players, but there is alot we can do with that (like team battles, mini tournaments, etc.). I kind of doubt we will get 6, but maybe I'm in for a surprise! This isn't anything super competitive, just a chance to get some play in that isn't CPU or online randoms. It will be a good learning chance for everyone, no matter your skill level. Don't be intimidated if you think you are bad at the game (I'm fucking garbage). People will be willing to help you learn and be able to give some tips. You may even make some friends!

So if you are interested, just shoot me a pm and/or post some info in this thread. We will be playing if there are 2 of us or 12 of us! I know I have posted it beofre, but here is my gt again.

If I can find a copy either today or tomorrow, I'll try to make it.

Esura

Banned
Hey, funny thing happened. I was playing the Calamity Trigger story mode, for a trophy, and during one scene with Hazama he randomly started speaking Japanese for two lines then went back to English. I normally keep the game on English.

That was amusing indeed.

Enordash

XBOX 360 BB PLAYERS

What time are we shooting for? I should be there. I'm going to head to Xbox.com now and add a couple of people.

Edit: While I was there, I noticed my recent history. Since last Saturday I've played MK9, KoFXIII, SSFIV, SCV, UMvC3 and BB. Fighters are an addiction. Also, I'll never be good at any of them if I keep playing all of them, lol.

I'm on 360. It's taking a lot of time to re-learn Makoto and I wasn't terribly good with her to begin with, but there's a fair chance I can show my face online Friday.

GT: dkblade77

LegatoB

Hey, funny thing happened. I was playing the Calamity Trigger story mode, for a trophy, and during one scene with Hazama he randomly started speaking Japanese for two lines then went back to English. I normally keep the game on English.

That was amusing indeed.
The localization in this version seems extremely rough in general. Substitute voice actors in the dub when they couldn't get the original VAs back is unfortunate but a fact of life, but there are a ton of lines in the new story mode content with obvious spelling & grammatical errors, lines where the voiceover and on-screen text are notably different, voiceovers cut off early by auto-advance, said Japanese voiceover glitch, etc. The PS3 version's manual also has a bunch of repeated headers, text blurbs in the wrong places, wrong button symbols, and so on. Something tells me Aksys didn't have the timeframe they would've liked to get this game done.

Volcynika

The localization in this version seems extremely rough in general. Substitute voice actors in the dub when they couldn't get the original VAs back is unfortunate but a fact of life, but there are a ton of lines in the new story mode content with obvious spelling & grammatical errors, lines where the voiceover and on-screen text are notably different, voiceovers cut off early by auto-advance, said Japanese voiceover glitch, etc. The PS3 version's manual also has a bunch of repeated headers, text blurbs in the wrong places, wrong button symbols, and so on. Something tells me Aksys didn't have the timeframe they would've liked to get this game done.

Hm. Maybe a schedule to get the game out quick, early enough to get the Vita version released when most of the other games for the platform were releasing. Dunno!

Also......Amazon still hasn't shipped mine. ffffff

Extollere

Sucks at poetry

That sucks, but hopefully the game isn't glitchy during fights... guess they can always patch if it is.

LegatoB

That sucks, but hopefully the game isn't glitchy during fights... guess they can always patch if it is.
I haven't seen any problems during matches, just issues with arcade/story mode. Though I can't say I'm super fond of the delivery on the "fill-in" lines for the Hazama v. Relius matchup.

Roto13

I unlocked the two alternate system voices. The male one is much better than the default one. It's still pretty Engrishy but it's far less annoying.

Item Box

XBOX 360 BB PLAYERS

I'd like to join. Hopefully this will give me a chance at not getting stomped for a change, lol.

GT is spamage.

Roto13

I'm glad this game seems to have a lot of single player content. I've never really been a huge fan of fighting games with randoms online (especially in games like this one, where I'm not even good at them :p).

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Dat lack of time/moneys. Akselziys needs to explain this situation!

Yeah, there were a few lingering minor textual or English voice errors, due to time constraints, though I think a majority of them might be found in the PS3 version.

But nothing too detrimental that would impair the overall enjoyment of the game.

Hopefully we can address any of the lingering issues in a future patch, if that possibility arises :)

Yeah, there were a few lingering minor textual or English voice errors, due to time constraints, though I think a majority of them might be found in the PS3 version.

But nothing too detrimental that would impair the overall enjoyment of the game.

Hopefully we can address any of the lingering issues in a future patch, if that possibility arises :)

Wow, you responded so quickly. I don't really mind since I don't really follow the storyline. Q tried to explain it to me but it was just too complicated and I have no time to play story mode. I just like the competition with others.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Geez that was fast. When did you guys ship Amazon the copies. it's taking them so long for them to ship it.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Geez that was fast. When did you guys ship Amazon the copies. it's taking them so long for them to ship it.

We shipped them their copies on 2/14, and I believe they received them yesterday?

I heard they're preparing shipments for customers as we speak :)

Wow, you responded so quickly. I don't really mind since I don't really follow the storyline. Q tried to explain it to me but it was just too complicated and I have no time to play story mode. I just like the competition with others.

Nothing wrong with that :D

Luckily the game is multi-faceted, so it offers enjoyment for those that love the fighting or for those that love the story segments, or both ;D

Top Bottom