• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Respect |OT| Press DJ For MAX Respect

Roubjon

Like I said before I'm not particularly good at the game, but I think that sometimes 5B will screw you over with note placement in a way that you can't really anticipate. For example, you hit a central hold note with square and then the other notes you need to play during it are on triangle/circle. You'd really want to be hitting the hold with right in that situation, but you wouldn't necessarily know where the follow up was coming unless you were on a low scroll speed. Not a problem with any other key mode.

Yeah, I noticed some charts in Respect do this. I think having to make like, over 500 note charts made peer review a little more challenging lol.

Dantero

You totally can. But it's still not fun to do for me, haha.

For me 5B is the mode that can feel the best in the game, but also the worst, before you actually get good at it. It just has a really nice rhythm to it when your hands work well together on the middle button.

Roubjon

For me 5B is the mode that can feel the best in the game, but also the worst, before you actually get good at it. It just has a really nice rhythm to it when your hands work well together on the middle button.

It's nice to see some 5B positivity! I'm going to play more 5B so I can hopefully change my opinion of it down the line.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I know it's nothing special, but this felt good for a sight read of my first MX chart. And it was 5B mode, too!

I don't HATE 5B mode as much as I did going into my 50 plays (still only about 30 in), but it's still a bit awkward at times.

GYqj7ppl.jpg

Deft Beck

New DLC content announced at the end of the RESPECT U stream.

Twenty songs from DJMAX TRILOGY. Coming 9/28 for the equivalent of $15.

Also, there will be a Trilogy gear and note skin available for purchase, plus a new RESPECT song for purchase.

Metro Project (Clazziquai edition, Black Square) DLC coming this winter.

MattAces

New DLC content announced at the end of the RESPECT U stream.

Twenty songs from DJMAX TRILOGY. Coming 9/28 for the equivalent of $15.

Also, there will be a Trilogy gear and note skin available for purchase, plus a new RESPECT song for purchase.

Metro Project (Clazziquai edition, Black Square) DLC coming this winter.

Quoting this in OP.

Not really attached to Trilogy, so not sure if I'm in for the first set of DLC. Doesn't help that most of them are remixes of songs already in the game.

Project Metro on the other hand... *jumps aboard the hype train*

So is there anywhere to order this cheaper than Play-Asia to the UK? Total cost comes to £58.01 with import fees prepaid. Not sure I want to pay that much but I need this game...

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Downloading might be cheaper because you can avoid the postage/import fees. I wanted a physical copy so I could take it around to other people - so I opted for standard shipping w/duty paid. It took forever to get here (20 days).

So the new dlc is Trilogy related, interesting, I noticed no new missions were announced

I hope the Clazziquai dlc this winter has the note skin, I feel incomplete

MudoSkills

I finally managed to get my 5k notes in a single song - 4k Stalker on hard chart spits out just under 6k with a max combo.

O_O

Downloading might be cheaper because you can avoid the postage/import fees. I wanted a physical copy so I could take it around to other people - so I opted for standard shipping w/duty paid. It took forever to get here (20 days).

Cheers! I want a physical copy too. Ended up going with an eBay seller rather than Play-Asia as it was slightly cheaper and quicker.

N E R O

So my copy has finally arrived on Friday and All I can say that I had a blast and it was one of the best weekends ever. Playing with the DS4 is easier than I thought.
This game is gonna keep me busy for a while.

Sweet how you're calling that forever. My pre-ordered copy still hasn't arrived. It's tearing me apart.

MattAces

Rough translation since english version is not posted (auto translate)
New song added, update is live.

[1.03 patch contents]
- add a song: Djmax Portable1 - CnP
- Mulch Bga Replacement (can meet the ugly again)
- the game has lowered the full volume.
- change the rankings are not normally registered.
- edit the effect that FOG effector effect is not normally shown
- edit the phenomena of the online % are not printed normally
- edit a large number of waiting rooms in the online lobby.
- Online Sync bug fixes.
- improve other bug fixes and features.

[additional details]
The 1.03 patch version of the 1.03 patch version has a phenomenon that will appear abnormal on the screen. This problem will be fixed in a quick time. I am sorry for the inconvenience. ‬

Roubjon

Yeah, that's cool that they just patched in a song lol. Also, it seems like they fixed some of the Ranking Bugs, which is good. Maybe it updates to the database faster or something.

MattAces

English 1.03 Patch History
- Add song: DJMAX Portable1 - CnP
- Mulch BGA replacement
- Lower the overall game volume
- Fixed a problem where rankings were not registered
- Fixed the phenomenon that FOG effect effect was not displayed.
- Fixed that online ping is not exposed
- Modified to view multiple rooms in online lobbies
- Online sync bug fixes
- Other bug fixes and improvements

MudoSkills

Just played with the patch. It's much quieter, CnP unlocked after playing one song - as did all the rewards for playing online.

Roubjon

Just played with the patch. It's much quieter, CnP unlocked after playing one song - as did all the rewards for playing online.

I didn't think the game was particularly loud in the first place. Weird change. That's nice of them to give all the online rewards away for those who don't want to do that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So they basically added a few more people & only really changed the final shot?

Also, man, I must've been listening to Sampling Masters MEGA so much, my first thought was "well this certainly sounds like a song from them", thanks Beatmania & Superbeat Xonic.

MudoSkills

If you're in freeplay, break combo, and do song restart > music select, it has stopped flashing the message about losing your combo.

I don't want to test whether you can just got from combo break to music select without resetting to keep the combo you went into the song with. I have 650k notes and I'm sure as hell not losing that.

So they basically added a few more people & only really changed the final shot?

Also, man, I must've been listening to Sampling Masters MEGA so much, my first thought was "well this certainly sounds like a song from them", thanks Beatmania & Superbeat Xonic.
Worth noting Sampling Masters MEGA is one person (Shinji Hosoe). Sampling Masters is the group, MEGA is the individual.

MudoSkills

Worth noting Sampling Masters MEGA is one person (Shinji Hosoe). Sampling Masters is the group, MEGA is the individual.

So I just realised that the guy who composed Son of Sun is the same man who did the music to the Zero Escape trilogy...

Deft Beck

Keep in mind that CnP was likely held back for a bit due to having to clear the Run DMC samples used extensively throughout the song.

Now, all that's left is Dreadnought. They'd have to use a generic BGA for that one, since the BGA parodies George Bush Jr.

heybrian

Neo Member
New to these games but liked the gameplay videos and went ahead and got it off of the HK store. Do you earn the collectibles the same whether you're playing in free play or arcade?

MattAces

New to these games but liked the gameplay videos and went ahead and got it off of the HK store. Do you earn the collectibles the same whether you're playing in free play or arcade?

It depends, for playcount, yes.
But there's a whole lot of other unlockable.
You can view the unlock from Collection -> Achievement.
Mission will also give out collectibles.

Skittles

Keep in mind that CnP was likely held back for a bit due to having to clear the Run DMC samples used extensively throughout the song.

Now, all that's left is Dreadnought. They'd have to use a generic BGA for that one, since the BGA parodies George Bush Jr.
Why would that matter when the game isnt ouht in the US yet?

Dineren

Banned
I almost forgot just how good DJMAX is. If any game could dethrone BotW as my GotY it will be this (especially since I'm finally getting the hang of 6b again).

I setup a new HK PSN account for the DLC with the physical asian version, I should be good right? I went to activate it as primary and it seemed to already be set or am I missing something?

Just a quick question, not sure if anyone else is having this issue but is there a good way of increasing the volume of the lyrics (for the songs that have them at least), as I'm finding that the singing usually gets drowned out by the instrument sounds based on whatever notes I'm hitting. Its just a bit of a pity as I'd love to hear some of the songs more clearly in that respect.

Otherwise I've really been enjoying just playing 4B mode on this. I'm getting increasingly better and can max combo quite a few songs now, including a couple of more tough songs. Feels real satisfying to clear some songs with a good 4000+ combo! Any recommendations on a relatively easy song to get a 5000 combo (as I believe that's for a trophy?)

MudoSkills

Any recommendations on a relatively easy song to get a 5000 combo (as I believe that's for a trophy?)

I've only cleared a couple with a combo over 5,000 - easiest one was probably the standard chart for NB Rangers Virgin Force in 5k mode.

Top Bottom