• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Respect |OT| Press DJ For MAX Respect

dorkkaos

I'm wondering how local multiplayer works. I'm trying to get it to work, it tells me to press the option button, but when I do, it doesn't let the second player in. Am i doing it wrong?

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Which songs have alternate BGA? I've only had the NB Rangers storyboard pop up while playing, which actually appeared the first time I picked the song.

Having just played until my hands started to hurt my favourite of the new songs so far are Killer Bee and UAD.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I spent yesterday practicing 8B and I'm finally getting closer to how I was years ago. Feels good!

Do you have any songs you'd recommend playing to get used to it? Some songs that are 5-6 difficulty aren't really that bad. But some are fucking dumb. I'm trying to find 2-3 songs I can play on repeat to try and wrap my head around the mechanics of 8B.

Deft Beck

Oh yeah, haha. I figured it out. I couldn't use another account on the 2nd player. I needed to log in as a guest :(

Is there any date for the dlc yet?

20882331_1345272842238141_3312700006564851685_n.png

There will be an announcement during a live broadcast this weekend.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Do mission clears count towards song clears on their respective button count? I don't like playing 5B mode, but the 5B missions have to be done eventually...And I want the 5B song unlocks.

Roubjon

Do mission clears count towards song clears on their respective button count? I don't like playing 5B mode, but the 5B missions have to be done eventually...And I want the 5B song unlocks.

Unfortunately no. Mission Mode doesn't count towards anything really except exp.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Unfortunately no. Mission Mode doesn't count towards anything really except exp.

Bummer. Thanks for the quick response. Guess I'll just power through missions to get those damn song unlocks! So many good songs locked back there...

E: Mission 3-5 is so dumb. I'm not getting better playing songs with the fucking Chaos modifier.

Roubjon

Bummer. Thanks for the quick response. Guess I'll just power through missions to get those damn song unlocks! So many good songs locked back there...

E: Mission 3-5 is so dumb. I'm not getting better playing songs with the fucking Chaos modifier.

You haven't seen anything yet lol.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Trying to get all the 5B song unlocks. It's, well, something! Funky Chups, right? ha.

Doing some more 8B after playing ~15 songs in 5B. I keep finding songs I really like that I inadvertently wrote off the first time I played them. The Lost Story being one of them!

Roubjon

Trying to get all the 5B song unlocks. It's, well, something! Funky Chups, right? ha.

Doing some more 8B after playing ~15 songs in 5B. I keep finding songs I really like that I inadvertently wrote off the first time I played them. The Lost Story being one of them!

Yeah, some songs have really grown on me. Glory Day rules.

Skittles

I thought superhot vr would be my GOTY, but this game is most likely gonna dethrone it. Holy shit it's amazing. The presentation values in this game are some of the best, the music selection is phenomenal since theres something for everyone,the charts are different from the old versions so even veterans have something to do, plus theres going to be dlc of all the other games? Holy shit this game just keeps giving. I'm hoping the dlc packs come with missions which use each song. This game is gonna have an insane shelf life, probably well into next gen.

A lot of the new songs are amazing. Bullet (girl?), far east princess, and don't die are some of my favorites right now from the new. Did anyone play Sunset Rider and get nostalgic? I imagine that was the first djmax song for quite a few people(from the fever demo)

AlexIIDX

I was playing with my friend online and I would full combo a song and on his end it would say I missed a few notes. Same thing happened with his score on my end. Wonder if this is a bug or lag or idk what.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I thought superhot vr would be my GOTY, but this game is most likely gonna dethrone it. Holy shit it's amazing. The presentation values in this game are some of the best, the music selection is phenomenal since theres something for everyone,the charts are different from the old versions so even veterans have something to do, plus theres going to be dlc of all the other games? Holy shit this game just keeps giving. I'm hoping the dlc packs come with missions which use each song. This game is gonna have an insane shelf life, probably well into next gen.

A lot of the new songs are amazing. Bullet (girl?), far east princess, and don't die are some of my favorites right now from the new. Did anyone play Sunset Rider and get nostalgic? I imagine that was the first djmax song for quite a few people(from the fever demo)

Yep, if it wasn't for nier automata this would be my slam dunk goty. Such an amazing package.

Deft Beck

Sunset Rider's 6B MX is a thing of beauty and sent shivers down my spine.

As far as the new songs go, can we all agree that Showtime fucking sucks?

Showtime is from Portable 2 lol. It's also a phenomenal song.

MudoSkills

I'm not sure how I didn't notice that it was from Portable 2, but I still stand by hating it!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am way too excited for a DLC announcement considering I still haven't unlocked everything in the game or played every song!

Also, is it a bug that choosing "Restart" doesn't reset your combo in Freestyle? Seems like a good way to farm those combo unlocks/achievements.

Roubjon

I am way too excited for a DLC announcement considering I still haven't unlocked everything in the game or played every song!

Also, is it a bug that choosing "Restart" doesn't reset your combo in Freestyle? Seems like a good way to farm those combo unlocks/achievements.

No, they added that in a patch. If it wasn't there the Combo achievement would be absurdly stupid. Good luck not accidentally breaking a single time while going for a 999999 combo. I'm actually finally at 900K after 3 weeks.

I can't wait for the DLC announcements either. I played a lot of Technika Tune on my Vita and would love as many songs from that game put into Respect as possible. I'm still really early on in the game though, I tend to boot it up and play a few tracks on 4B difficulty for fun, slowly playing through them all but I'm still having issues with 5B at times (having two buttons assigned to the same note makes things deceptively hard for me). Almost makes me wonder if I'd have less difficulty adapting to 6B in theory.

Can't see me getting the combos trophies though anytime soon. Which songs/difficulties are the best to focus on for that, or is it best just to focus on the songs I can do and just chip away at it over the next few months?

Roubjon

I can't wait for the DLC announcements either. I played a lot of Technika Tune on my Vita and would love as many songs from that game put into Respect as possible. I'm still really early on in the game though, I tend to boot it up and play a few tracks on 4B difficulty for fun, slowly playing through them all but I'm still having issues with 5B at times (having two buttons assigned to the same note makes things deceptively hard for me). Almost makes me wonder if I'd have less difficulty adapting to 6B in theory.

Can't see me getting the combos trophies though anytime soon. Which songs/difficulties are the best to focus on for that, or is it best just to focus on the songs I can do and just chip away at it over the next few months?

I know there are a few songs that are good for grinding, but playing the same song over and over again sounds like some monotonous stuff.

instead, I used the combo trophy as an opportunity to do a bunch of things. I used it as practice to get into the groove again with 8B mode. I tried getting a max combo on every HD and MX chart that I could for 4B, 6B, and 8B. I also just tried to beat my high scores for songs that I know I can full combo. And finally I used it to try to full combo songs that are super difficult but I know I can eventually with a bit of practice.

I'm kinda tired of it though and would like to play MX charts like Nightmare, Sin the Last Scene, and Blythe.

MudoSkills

I'm pretty sucky at the game at anything above 7/8 star difficulty, but I'm slowly building my count up by getting full combos on as many different songs as I can, which is also pushing me towards the 300/500 patterns with full combo trophies.

Are there any easy-ish songs that spit out a high number of notes? The only one I could probably consistently nail is 4k Brand New Days hard chart - which is just under 4,500. I don't really want to hit the same songs over and over again but if it becomes a race to finish what would people suggest?

Roubjon

I'm pretty sucky at the game at anything above 7/8 star difficulty, but I'm slowly building my count up by getting full combos on as many different songs as I can, which is also pushing me towards the 300/500 patterns with full combo trophies.

Are there any easy-ish songs that spit out a high number of notes? The only one I could probably consistently nail is 4k Brand New Days hard chart - which is just under 4,500. I don't really want to hit the same songs over and over again but if it becomes a race to finish what would people suggest?

4500 seems pretty good for a low level song. If you wanna just use it to get the song unlocks associated with combo, then that could be a good one.

I know there are a few songs that are good for grinding, but playing the same song over and over again sounds like some monotonous stuff.

instead, I used the combo trophy as an opportunity to do a bunch of things. I used it as practice to get into the groove again with 8B mode. I tried getting a max combo on every HD and MX chart that I could for 4B, 6B, and 8B. I also just tried to beat my high scores for songs that I know I can full combo. And finally I used it to try to full combo songs that are super difficult but I know I can eventually with a bit of practice.

I'm kinda tired of it though and would like to play MX charts like Nightmare, Sin the Last Scene, and Blythe.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably just play through songs going for better ranks and high scores while working on my combo in the background :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
No, they added that in a patch. If it wasn't there the Combo achievement would be absurdly stupid. Good luck not accidentally breaking a single time while going for a 999999 combo. I'm actually finally at 900K after 3 weeks.

Wow - OK. That's good to know! I don't have a drive for that 999999 combo yet. The 200k is the last song unlock, right?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I keep mentioning songs I love.

But Dream of You is garbage. Shitty rhythm that doesn't "feel" good and the fakest fucking instrument sounds ever.

Deft Beck

So I keep mentioning songs I love.

But Dream of You is garbage. Shitty rhythm that doesn't "feel" good and the fakest fucking instrument sounds ever.

The rhythm swings very often. The instrument samples sound corny because it's a DAW-composed jazz song from a decade ago.

Skittles

If they redid Dream of You with actual instruments I'd like it a lot more.

Speaking of instruments, god damn at the drums used in NB Ranger Virgin Force. Wish they redid all drums in the other songs with those

So it's been almost a month, and I still can't "graduate" from 4B to 5B. I can play the easy 5B songs ok, but I still get tripped up. Love it though, just need to get really dedicated I guess. Level 61.

Can't wait for the DLC I'll buy every single one.

I love memory of beach but 6B HD destroys me halfway through with the stream of notes. I don't feel like I can move onto 8B until I clear all songs on 6B at least once.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So it's been almost a month, and I still can't "graduate" from 4B to 5B. I can play the easy 5B songs ok, but I still get tripped up. Love it though, just need to get really dedicated I guess. Level 61.

Can't wait for the DLC I'll buy every single one.

4B -> 6B -> 5B or 8B

That's the progression I'd make. 5B is weird with that middle button. I wouldn't say it's easier or harder than 6B, but it's different and makes it so the progression isn't as natural.

Roubjon

4B -> 6B -> 5B or 8B

That's the progression I'd make. 5B is weird with that middle button. I wouldn't say it's easier or harder than 6B, but it's different and makes it so the progression isn't as natural.

I still don't like 5B and I've been playing the series forever. It just feels awkward to me. 8B is amazing though, once it clicks. Notes never felt better to hit.

OK thanks for the tip! Will try my hand at 6B this weekend! The missions go from 4B to 5B early on, so I just assumed 5B would be where I would want to be practicing.

MudoSkills

Like I said before I'm not particularly good at the game, but I think that sometimes 5B will screw you over with note placement in a way that you can't really anticipate. For example, you hit a central hold note with square and then the other notes you need to play during it are on triangle/circle. You'd really want to be hitting the hold with right in that situation, but you wouldn't necessarily know where the follow up was coming unless you were on a low scroll speed. Not a problem with any other key mode.

Dantero

Is there any info on how the game is performing? Looking at my rankings all being around 2k ish and not really playing a lot I feel like the game really isn't selling too well.
Would be a shame if the series died again after finally being revived.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I still don't like 5B and I've been playing the series forever. It just feels awkward to me. 8B is amazing though, once it clicks. Notes never felt better to hit.

8B is slowly becoming tolerable, and it seems like the superior way to play. So I'd have to agree with you here!

As for 5B, I also do not like it. The first game I played was Portable 2 (where 5B was introduced I think), and I don't think I ever got into it then. That middle button just feels cheap.

Like I said before I'm not particularly good at the game, but I think that sometimes 5B will screw you over with note placement in a way that you can't really anticipate. For example, you hit a central hold note with square and then the other notes you need to play during it are on triangle/circle. You'd really want to be hitting the hold with right in that situation, but you wouldn't necessarily know where the follow up was coming unless you were on a low scroll speed. Not a problem with any other key mode.

And this is why. Ha.

Top Bottom