• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DJMAX Respect |OT| Press DJ For MAX Respect

Deft Beck

So, after doing the math re: RESPECT's songs and all potential DLC, assuming they can get any and all licensed songs (KARA, Clazziquai, etc.), that's looking at about 294 songs total.

And a good chunk of the stuff that was only in Technika are getting classic gameplay style charts for the first time.

That's really crazy to think about.

Online is cool because even if you are playing on normal, and someone else chooses the hard version, you can still win! Online is working great!

EDIT: There's a trophy for watching the credits! How do I get to the credits!?!

neshcom

Banned
Online is cool because even if you are playing on normal, and someone else chooses the hard version, you can still win! Online is working great!

EDIT: There's a trophy for watching the credits! How do I get to the credits!?!

I got credits once. I think I got 2 or 3 S's in arcade, but I haven't found if it's a mix of letters, max combos, or difficulty.

Roubjon

You need to get 1,000,000 in arcade mode to unlock the credits.

I also played way too much today, I was addicted. I managed to get up to 150K combo though in freestyle.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So is Arcade mode worth playing after you unlock the song? I can just play Freestyle from there, right?

Also, Mission Mode gets intense REAL fast, ha.

Roubjon

So is Arcade mode worth playing after you unlock the song? I can just play Freestyle from there, right?

There are some unlocks associated with Arcade mode, so I guess it's worth playing for that reason. It's also a fun way to play songs too I guess. But yeah, once a song is unlocked you can just play it in freestyle.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
There are some unlocks associated with Arcade mode, so I guess it's worth playing for that reason. It's also a fun way to play songs too I guess. But yeah, once a song is unlocked you can just play it in freestyle.

Alright - Arcade mode on back burner for now! I don't care about skins and phrases and MVs and whatnot...At least not yet. Give me songs and THEN I'll focus on that!

Did anyone else order the Japanese LE from Play Asia? My order went through on Paypal, but the order was never added to my account. I just sent in a ticket, but I fear it might be too late.

Coming from PSPR (PSP) and OpenITG (PC) this is my first DJMAX and I'm having a blast. It's just so good. Didn't even notice how I missed rhythm games in my life.
I'm still at 4B (5-7 stars) and getting better. I forgot how good it feels if you get better at rhythm games.

But still, any idea how go get better with some patterns? Having some trouble with fast doubles with singles in between.

Deft Beck

According to Ruliweb, the Japanese LE for RESPECT will include a DLC code for Guilty Gear music to be added eventually. Like with Xonic, this is due to Arc System Works being the publisher for the game in Japan.

Unclear at this time whether or not this DLC will be available worldwide, but I don't think they'd just lock it to the LE when the Xonic DLC was available worldwide for the Vita version of Xonic.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Coming from PSPR (PSP) and OpenITG (PC) this is my first DJMAX and I'm having a blast. It's just so good. Didn't even notice how I missed rhythm games in my life.
I'm still at 4B (5-7 stars) and getting better. I forgot how good it feels if you get better at rhythm games.

But still, any idea how go get better with some patterns? Having some trouble with fast doubles with singles in between.

The only way to improve is to practice songs that give you trouble. Playing Hard and MX level songs will give you more "difficult" patterns regularly, so keep that in mind.

You need to get 1,000,000 in arcade mode to unlock the credits.

I also played way too much today, I was addicted. I managed to get up to 150K combo though in freestyle.

150k? Daaaamn lol your fingers are on fire! :p Great job!

There are achievements associated with Arcade mode. Check out what unlocks you get with it and, if you don't care about them, then you can move on to Freestyle.

I'm stuck in Mission Mode. So tough right now.

Roubjon

150k? Daaaamn lol your fingers are on fire! :p Great job!

I've been having a ton of fun trying to get the combo acheivement. It's a combination of trying to get better with 5B and 8B mode by playing songs that are really hard for me to full combo, trying to make it to the Top 10 in the leaderboards for songs, and just trying to improve my accuracy in general. It's way more fun doing it this way than just grinding 1 song that increases my combo the most over and over again.

Dantero

I've been having a ton of fun trying to get the combo acheivement. It's a combination of trying to get better with 5B and 8B mode by playing songs that are really hard for me to full combo, trying to make it to the Top 10 in the leaderboards for songs, and just trying to improve my accuracy in general. It's way more fun doing it this way than just grinding 1 song that increases my combo the most over and over again.

Isn't that really risky in case you can't full combo it after trying a couple of times? Or is there still a way to abandon a song without losing the combo?

Roubjon

Isn't that really risky in case you can't full combo it after trying a couple of times? Or is there still a way to abandon a song without losing the combo?

If I break my combo, I can restart the song and it starts me back at the beginning with my combo intact.

If I want to change my song instead of restarting because I've realized it's way too hard, I have to make sure to RESTART and THEN change the song in order to keep my combo intact. If I change the song after breaking my combo it keeps my combo at zero. Super weird and I don't know if it's a bug or not to be honest.

Dantero

If I break my combo, I can restart the song and it starts me back at the beginning with my combo intact.

If I want to change my song instead of restarting because I've realized it's way too hard, I have to make sure to RESTART and THEN change the song in order to keep my combo intact. If I change the song after breaking my combo it keeps my combo at zero. Super weird and I don't know if it's a bug or not to be honest.

I tried that but it still gave me the warning about resetting your combo so I got scared and played a song like 10 times in a row until I got the full combo...

Cerity

Man, it's probably been 5 years+ since I've played a dj max game. I remember putting way too many hours into portable 2 and black square.

Bought, downloaded and jumped straight into 4BHD Oblivion. Muscle memory is crazy, still managed to get away with 89% after all these years.

Roubjon

I tried that but it still gave me the warning about resetting your combo so I got scared and played a song like 10 times in a row until I got the full combo...

Yeah the warning still pops up and I'm always scared, but every time it works. That's why I can't tell if it's a bug or not. Is the bug not saving my combo when I break and change the song? Or is the bug the process of still showing that screen even though it's not true anymore?

Dantero

Yeah the warning still pops up and I'm always scared, but every time it works. That's why I can't tell if it's a bug or not. Is the bug not saving my combo when I break and change the song? Or is the bug the process of still showing that screen even though it's not true anymore?

I'd assume the bug is your combo not resetting. Feels kind of cheap to be able to try a song multiple times, not being able to do it, changing the song and still have the combo going.

Roubjon

I'd assume the bug is your combo not resetting. Feels kind of cheap to be able to try a song multiple times, not being able to do it, changing the song and still have the combo going.

I'm pretty sure the other games let me leave the song if I messed up though, which is why I'm not so sure which is the bug or not.

Listonosh

That's like Playing DDR with a PS2 controller. Granted, the person still needs to be really skilled at reading difficult charts.

I'm not really sure I understand this comment. You realize that is the intended way to play it, since that's how it worked in beatmania since the beginning. Not to mention it's way more satisfying playing it with the controller like that then it is with the dual shock.

I need that controller like yesterday

Totally agree. If you just concentrate on 1 song, you'll get bored.

8B wrecks me. I can do normal 8B songs but if you throw L1/R1 + another note, combo lost lol.

I appreciate the leaderboards. Fun to compare. I still wish they would clear some of the scores that occurred during that 100% bug but oh well.

I spoke about the restarting/losing combo bug earlier. It's weird. There are times where the prompt saying the combo will reset but it doesn't...but if you miss a note during a song then restart, you'll lose it for sure. I just take the safe route and use the PS button to quit the game and restart. Can't imagine being at 150k and losing it.

vikungfu

Neo Member
I've never played DJMAX before but I played a crap ton of O2Jam on PC. Can you plug a keyboard right into the PS4 or do you need an adapter? Also, has anyone successfully converted from playing these types of games with a keyboard to using a controller?

Basically the controller scares me but this game looks great. I also have a fightstick but not sure if that would work so well.

Has anyone messed around with control configurations? Found anything more comfortable or makes certain note combinations easier to hit?

Listonosh

Jesus christ what is the secret to using Seagm. The payment never goes through, then I cant even access the site anymore o_O

cj_iwakura

According to Ruliweb, the Japanese LE for RESPECT will include a DLC code for Guilty Gear music to be added eventually. Like with Xonic, this is due to Arc System Works being the publisher for the game in Japan.

Unclear at this time whether or not this DLC will be available worldwide, but I don't think they'd just lock it to the LE when the Xonic DLC was available worldwide for the Vita version of Xonic.
Would much rather have BB music.

Jesus christ what is the secret to using Seagm. The payment never goes through, then I cant even access the site anymore o_O

Yea, it's a little weird at times.

They ask you to verify your phone number. If you don't, you won't be able to pay.

2 days ago I had trouble buying a Japan eshop card. The process would load forever and I ended up just exiting out and going back in.

I went to "my orders" and saw that things were unpaid. So I deleted those and tried again and it finally worked.

If you're having trouble, give their chat a try. I thought it would be some automated crap but it actually works. They can definitely help you out.

Is the site still not working for you? I've paid all my things using paypal, if that matters.

I just saw the credits. My score was 913,600 when I got it. 2 songs I had an S and the 3rd, an A. All full combo. Not sure if it's the score or the grade/full combo that unlocks the credits.

Man, that feeling when you can tell you are getting better and better. Nothing else like this. I absolutely LOVE all the new Respect songs too.

EDIT: Just got MAX COMBO on 3 songs in Arcade mode and the credits are rolling!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I did not realize Your Own Miracle was in this as a freely selectable song! I remember playing that as a credits song in portable. <3

OK the MAX Combo burst is sooooo satisfying when it pops up. As is the New Record swipe across the screen in the middle of a song. Man, these people know what they are doing. Best rhythm game ever. I will buy all DLC.

Listonosh

Yea, it's a little weird at times.

They ask you to verify your phone number. If you don't, you won't be able to pay.

2 days ago I had trouble buying a Japan eshop card. The process would load forever and I ended up just exiting out and going back in.

I went to "my orders" and saw that things were unpaid. So I deleted those and tried again and it finally worked.

If you're having trouble, give their chat a try. I thought it would be some automated crap but it actually works. They can definitely help you out.

Is the site still not working for you? I've paid all my things using paypal, if that matters.

I just saw the credits. My score was 913,600 when I got it. 2 songs I had an S and the 3rd, an A. All full combo. Not sure if it's the score or the grade/full combo that unlocks the credits.

I just ended up buying 400HK from PlayAsia, since I ordered from there before. Hassle free. The game's great!

So out of interest (sorry if this has been asked before) is there any shields or similar powerups like you get in Superbeat or Technika Tune? Or do you have to purely rely on skill? If so I can see me spending quite a while on the combo trophy!

I've been playing some of the easier songs today now that I have my copy. I was struggling to hit A rank when I started but I now can comfortably get 95%+ on any song I've tried so far. Any tips on getting S ranks though? As I've got a few but I'm still having a hard time with any but the very easiest songs. I'm sure its just a matter of playing the game loads though, I've gotten markedly better at Superbeat Xonic through tons of practice so I'm sure once I start raising the difficulty on this it'll just come naturally.

Either way, loving the game and the ton of content already in the game, and can't wait to get the DLC as and when its released.

So out of interest (sorry if this has been asked before) is there any shields or similar powerups like you get in Superbeat or Technika Tune? Or do you have to purely rely on skill? If so I can see me spending quite a while on the combo trophy!

No powerups or anything. Just your skill ;)

Have fun!

Looking forward to getting home and putting in more hours. Music is tooooo good.

Top Bottom